Can I lay down the fridge to transport it?

giddyup

Who is the manufacturer, call a dealer and ask them

To be sure

It's a Sanyo and the manual says it can be moved if the top is 45 degrees higher than the base.

Well there is your answer.

No need to post on here and have all the barstool experts giving stupid advice

...Resande-นิสัยของผู้หญิง barstool arse

• 1 month later...

Who is the manufacturer, call a dealer and ask them

To be sure

It's a Sanyo and the manual says it can be moved if the top is 45 degrees higher than the base.

First you ask if it can be laid om its side--- then you say the manual says OK if its 45 degrees---!!!!!!!!!!!!!!coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

Read my question again instead of trying to be a smart arse. I asked if it could be laid on it's front/back/or side.

I;ve read this about 6 times and still laughing--------"the top is 45degrees higher than the base-------- so if the base is lying flat on the truck(zero degrees) the top has to be at 45*------ no sorry can't be cheesy.gif

I;ve read this about 6 times and still laughing--------"the top is 45degrees higher than the base-------- so if the base is lying flat on the truck(zero degrees) the top has to be at 45*------ no sorry can't be cheesy.gif

You're easily amused. Here, pull my finger.

It's all moot. The person who I have donated the fridge to has arranged for a pickup without a cover to transport it to their place. Upright.

Not upright. It could tip out of the vehicle and cause an RTA or fall on someone who's next to it.

Lay it flat and also secure the shelves and doors. Don't forget to remove all foodstuffs as well.

Be careful at the other end because any leaking freon can kill if inhaled in confined spaces and your average Thai won't be aware of such a hazard.

Good luck.

It's all moot. The person who I have donated the fridge to has arranged for a pickup without a cover to transport it to their place. Upright.

Not upright. It could tip out of the vehicle and cause an RTA or fall on someone who's next to it.

Lay it flat and also secure the shelves and doors. Don't forget to remove all foodstuffs as well.

Be careful at the other end because any leaking freon can kill if inhaled in confined spaces and your average Thai won't be aware of such a hazard.

Good luck.

The fridge was well restrained and transported upright. It has been functioning at it's new location faultlessly.