Fun with immigration:Information

Went to Immigration this morning. Prepared for all eventualities. If they would not grant an extension of a Non O based on retirement, had all the papers for marriage option and dependent Thai child option. Had managed to obtain a residence notification from local friend. So filled in TM 7 with fake address, also TM 47 and provided TM 30 also all fake, though ID card and Tabian Baan of friend not fake. For some reason wanted copy of wife's Tabian Baan but not ID. Don't ask. Also had to fill in idiotic new form about my social media and the places I frequent on the dark side. Fake UK address, fake bank account number, fake emergency contact etc.. Fake UK Car registration. Had my picture taken!! Can't imagine why as had, naturally to provide sheet of photos. Immigration pretty busy 5 desks about 10 staff, a few nomadic policemen, couple of Black Marias ready for action in case, I suppose, any "overstayers" showed up or just some Lao undesirables. No punters; just me. Wife found a school child "receptionist" who filled in all the forms. Result" Visa extension issued in about 15 minutes. I think it helps that unlike CM etc here everybody knows everybody including us. Did not seem to be much data input going on, just the usual pile of ledgers. Lot of laughter. Pleasant experience!

Edited by laolover88
  • Like 2

Went to Korat Immi last week to pick up my 1 yr extension after the 30 day under consideration period. The new form you mentioned wasn't provided, didn't notice anyone else filling it up as we waited.

Reading some parts of Thai Visa Forum can lead to all sorts of anxiety, but when I rock up to Immi, take a deep breath and dive in ready for anything..... it's an anti-climax. The two minor speed bumps I've encountered were my errors, otherwise never had a problem. Just lucky I guess.

• Like 1

Well we shall see. I just misunderstood the forms, didn't I?!. And It was Immigration said I should enter the "fake" addresses after I offered them the real ones. And they are not exactly "fake" just a little confusing..Anyway I have 2 passports, 2 visas and 2 TM cards and 2 90 day reports and 2 Non O visas. Let alone 3 addresses!. There are advantages in dual nationality.. I am certainly not prepared to fill in true bank account numbers. You think they are going call Natwest? Who would tell them in no uncertain terms that they don't discuss account holder's details. Did not ask for a Thai Bank Account. Most Thai people I know have an ID card and a Tabian Ban, ,but the address on the ID card and the Tabian Ban are regularly not the same, nor is the address where they actually live; often 3 different Jangwat. I think we have run up against another ridiculous attempt by a government to "document" and control its citizenry and visitors. If the UK loses 10's of thousand "immigrants" every year do you think Thailand can do better? The Thai/Lao border here is like a sieve.Goods, people and drugs pass through in torrents. It is the bad luck of farangs that we don't look the same.

Surprised some TV members are so sanctimonious!!gigglem.gif

• Like 1

Very foolish telling all everything you did at immigration was fake.

Foolish indeed, they might send him an e mail to his fake e mail address or a stiff letter to his fake UK address! I bet he is quaking in his flip flops!

Anyone who fills in that new form with anything other than fake info is asking for trouble.

• Like 2

Well we shall see. I just misunderstood the forms, didn't I?!. And It was Immigration said I should enter the "fake" addresses after I offered them the real ones. And they are not exactly "fake" just a little confusing..Anyway I have 2 passports, 2 visas and 2 TM cards and 2 90 day reports and 2 Non O visas. Let alone 3 addresses!. There are advantages in dual nationality.. I am certainly not prepared to fill in true bank account numbers. You think they are going call Natwest? Who would tell them in no uncertain terms that they don't discuss account holder's details. Did not ask for a Thai Bank Account. Most Thai people I know have an ID card and a Tabian Ban, ,but the address on the ID card and the Tabian Ban are regularly not the same, nor is the address where they actually live; often 3 different Jangwat. I think we have run up against another ridiculous attempt by a government to "document" and control its citizenry and visitors. If the UK loses 10's of thousand "immigrants" every year do you think Thailand can do better? The Thai/Lao border here is like a sieve.Goods, people and drugs pass through in torrents. It is the bad luck of farangs that we don't look the same.

Surprised some TV members are so sanctimonious!!gigglem.gif

How do you get two TM cards?

I was under the impression that this new form requesting all the information about social media was only being used at the 'one stop center' or whatever it's called.

Was this a different immigration office to the one step center ?