LATEST: Vicious Hua Hin mob attack on British family caught on video stuns the world

webfact

Beat us senseless Thailand; Mame,Murder and rob us and our sons, daugthers, fathers, mothers, sisters, brothers, uncles, aunts, cousins, wives, husbands and friends until we are no longer in denial. The government has already stated they can not guarantee the safety of our loosely clad women so where does that leave the lot of us?

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This looks bad on Thailand but it wasn't the Thai's who started it so much. The dad in the flowery shirt was the first to punch and the guy who got punched just came back around to seek revenge, the old lady was just caught up in all drunk rage.

They didn't deserve the beating they got because they were old and drunk and the Thai was drunk also and should have Jai Yen Yen

Edited by SteveJames

Posts and replies in violation of the following forum rules have been removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.
8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.
9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.
10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.
You will not block contact with moderators or administrators. Doing so will result in suspension.
11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

unprovoked?

they started it by pushing the thai guy and then she punches him in the face.

ThaiVisa has terrible journalistic standards. Did you even watch the video before writing the article?

Did she, Not From what I could see?

Would that justify the beating they got?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Really, watch at 50 seconds, she clearly strikes the Thai guy across the head, if she had done that to me I would have hit her too, she has no right to violently attack someone and then expect not to be hit back. Of course then he had to hit the son in self defence.

Having said that the kicks to the heads while they were down are not called for and seems to be the Thai thing, the lesson from this is if you get in a fight with a Thai don't hesitate when they are down to kick them in the head because they would do it to you, might have to start bringing my steel caps to Thailand.

Edited by cat handler

it was a provoked attack by the tourists as you quite rightly said the tourist pushed the Thai man out of the way. I don't think much more would of happened after that if the old lady had not of slapped the Thai man around the face as hard as she could. its in the video about 51 seconds in. I would of slapped her back also. there not in the uk now, women need to learn over here you cant slap men in the face and get away with it like they do in England..................I guess she knows that now.

To be honest I was planning to re-locate anyway.Seventy five percent of my family are Thai citizens as well as holding other passports.....my Thai wife will not come back here to live as she is so disgusted with the regime.Anyway I do not wish the tourism trade to collapse here but I am not staying here waiting for it to choke on it's own vomit.These incidents have been happening since I first arrived in 1984.The violence,the "suicides"of foreigners...so bad in the late eighties that a delegation came to Thailand from Germany to find out why so many Germans were free-handgliding from balconies.The fraud committed against foreigners is,not wishing to exaggerate,astronomical and the xenophobic attitude that prevents foreigners from owning land while Thai nationals buy up football teams and stainless steel factories overseas is inexcusable,especially for someone like me who has been married to a Thai for twenty three years.Some TV members may want to stick their heads in the sand but I am no Ostrich!How many of these incidents would have ever come to light before the advent of the internet and cell phones?No sour grapes...I have enjoyed being here but I am not getting any younger,in fact I am the same age as the lady in the video who was used to demonstrate Muay Thai kicks by that Thai two legged turd.Even in the rougher parts of the world I think that a 68 year old would have been spared that last maniacal kick in the face and so later this year I will be gone before (hopefully)it's my turn to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and bump into sociopathic 32 year old youth!

unprovoked?

ThaiVisa has terrible journalistic standards. Did you even watch the video before writing the article?

Take another good look at the video Metapod. IMHO the drunk guy in Khaki shirt, first of all tries it on with his mate in the black shirt, who doesn't want to know, and as he is doing this the tourist guy tries to guide the guy in Khaki away from his mum and dad, at which the drunken guy pushes him to the ground where he bangs his head. Then it kicks off from there. The guy in black, who the drunk in Khaki shirt was originally arguing with now comes flying in hitting all before and after him. At what point did the old lady hit him, she was arguing with him when he decided to punch her in the jaw, quickly followed by her son. Then the piece de resistance another drunken gobshite then decides to start kicking heads.

I feel that until these people who perpetrate this type of action start to get sentenced to do some hard time then this problem will only get worse.

Stop being an apologist for the dredges of thai manhood.

The woman hits the Thai guy at 50 seconds, she started the violence, the son fell over as he tried to turn around after the Thai guy pushed his shoulder. The poms were the drunk ones here.

And you would think that this graphic horrendous video, koh tao murders and many more murders, suicides etc would deter people from coming here. But Thailand is like a horror movie where the audience is screaming "Don't go thru that door!" But the seemingly brainless person does just the opposite. But the audience is as brainless as the person they are screaming at because why can they audience think the person can hear them?

most people put there selves in bad possession's to end up being beaten or killed.

0:19The black shirt British guy pushed the Thai guy away. 0:22 the thai guy pushed back n the floor was slippery resulting in the black shirt british man fall. 0:50 Then after some argument the lady slap the thai guy in the face. 1:13 the Black shirt british man proceeded to lock the black shirt thai man in a headlock 1:13 same time the purple shirt british man threw a punch at another thai( guy who had a bottle in hand who got push by the black shirt british and push back in 0:19). Thats when the Thai gangsters retaliated. Study the video closely. Again I don't condone the acts of the Thai Gangsters but it takes 2 hands to clap.

follow the movements of the purple shirt british man from 1:08 to 1:13. it might not be clear but u can see him moving across and throwing a punch at 1:13. watch closely. He punch the thai man who had the bottle in his hand who was pushed by the Black Shirt British man in 0:19, He fell to the ground after being punch by the British man. after which he got up from the floor. Thats why the black shirt thai man broke free of his headlock and walk all the way across to punch him 1st. Mayhem Ensues Thats what actually caused the thais to start fighting.

Its not right how the Thais kick the family and the old lady when they are on the floor. But the British family started it 1st by pushing slapping n throwing the 1st punch. They even punch n knock a Thai man onto the floor. Don't tell me they r 50 n 60. A thai man got knock down on the floor by a punch. They got too much what they ask for. I don't condone violence. In this case I don't condone violent acts from both sides. Its just that the Thais were more violent in retaliation.

Why does the RTP think that its solely the fault of the Thais? Fear or Bad News for Tourism? pls do your job n investigate properly. Every expat i spoke to n when saw the video how i pointed it out in detail saw it too. it wasn't solely the fault of the thais. Please be fair.

should the thai men push back after he was push?

should the Thais punch them n knock the whole family out?

Should the Thais kick the British Family while they were on the floor?

should the Thais kick the old lady on the floor?

should the British shoved the Thai out of the way?( start of this trouble)

should the british lady slap the man?

should the purple shirt punch n knock a thai man onto the ground?

Put away your emotions for abit. I know we dont like it that the lady got kick on the floor.

But fact of the matter is the British family started it n got too much what they ask for. It takes 2 hands to clap. RTP should investigate this case clearly. I have shown the video to my wife n some friends of mine n pointed out in detail what happen. After watching it together with me. Everyone was fair in saying the British should not have started it by shoving slapping n punching the thais and the Thais retaliated too violently. Violence should never be an answer to your anger. It applies to both the British Family n the Thais in this case.

I agree with your sequence of events. The British guy looked drunk and pushed the white shirted guy in a very arrogant and disrespectful way but you then seem to disregard the white shirt guy shoving the British guy who fell and is obviously hurt, upsetting his parents. This is the start of the violence - The British guy was rude the Thai guy caused the first blow (head hitting the pavement). At this point the mother should have not reacted with a slap but we also do not know what is being said that may have wound her up even more. Maybe the Thai guy should have apologised at this point as what he did was far worse than being pushed out of the way.

Where I strongly disagree with you is you seem to say that what the Thais did was justified and no worse than what the British did.

Maybe you should have another look at the video and see how badly hurt each side was - Thai men running away uninjured 3 British hospitalised and you still think the Thais involved were in the right!!! Those animals turned a skirmish into a kicking that could easily have ended up with someone dead. You said "the Thais retaliated too violently" - rather an understatement especially considering the ages of 2 of the victims.

The world is not stunned because there was a fight it is stunned by the level of violence directed at an elderly couple by a group of young Thai men regardless of how it started. That is why it is solely the fault of the Thais!

Anyone who watches that elderly couple being punched and kicked and still thinks they deserved it, needs help.

unprovoked?

Did she, Not From what I could see?

Would that justify the beating they got?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

you need to go and look at the video again about 50 seconds in

unprovoked?

Take another good look at the video Metapod. IMHO the drunk guy in Khaki shirt, first of all tries it on with his mate in the black shirt, who doesn't want to know, and as he is doing this the tourist guy tries to guide the guy in Khaki away from his mum and dad, at which the drunken guy pushes him to the ground where he bangs his head. Then it kicks off from there. The guy in black, who the drunk in Khaki shirt was originally arguing with now comes flying in hitting all before and after him. At what point did the old lady hit him, she was arguing with him when he decided to punch her in the jaw, quickly followed by her son. Then the piece de resistance another drunken gobshite then decides to start kicking heads.

I feel that until these people who perpetrate this type of action start to get sentenced to do some hard time then this problem will only get worse.

Stop being an apologist for the dredges of thai manhood.

The woman hits the Thai guy at 50 seconds, she started the violence, the son fell over as he tried to turn around after the Thai guy pushed his shoulder. The poms were the drunk ones here.

The Poms may have been drunk but the Thais were animals.

Although I have seen many incidents like this in Thailand over the last 30 years this one would have to be worst, IMO the reason that there is an increase in this type of behaviour is the fact that a lot of Thais have lost their livelihood over the last couple of years and are converging on places like Hua Hin, Phuket and Pattaya to make a baht and as other members mentioned are looking for someone to blame for being in their current situation,enter the falang, my advise to those wishing to visit Thailand now is to avoid the bar areas, get out and see the real Thailand, you can still have a few drinks and enjoy yourself, it worked for me.

To Westerners thinking of visiting Thailand it is moving from Land of Smiles to Land of Scum. You only need a couple of issues to be broadcast overseas and that is your tourism industry from the West finished

Don't be daft. A coup didn't finish it. A murder didn't finish it. A bombing in the middle of Bangkok didn't finish it. This certainly isn't going to.

Why are some many posters here so desperate for the downfall of the tourist industry, anyway?

Yes, that's also a puzzle to me as to why so many on here are so desperate for the downfall of the tourist industry.

Well if you look at it would you take a holiday in the Southern Philippines or in Iraq? Of course you wouldnt but I know people who have been to these places and they say the reports are totally different to the reality. With access to news so readily available who would chose a holiday destination were violence is constantly being reported? No one in their right mind. Thailand brings on a bad press itself and deserves all the repercussions that follow. You can not accept an apology and give a few Baht fie and think the rest of the world is ok with it they wont be.

Tourists also have their part to play and should act responsible and with respect.

This can happen in many countries but what is astounding is the crowd just standing there like a gladitorial game. I couldn't imagine that happening. ?

Confronting someone would who has just kicked a defelnes 70 year old women in the face would cause a loss of face

What a load of shit , disgusted in all that sat by and watched this happened

Never mind a loss of face, more like a loss of teeth.

Definitely don't approve of it but the fact is the visitors started the whole business, don't argue with me about it, go watch the video and see for your self and then argue with the video! BTW the Term Thai Apologist is passe any more, really dated.

Don't tell me not to argue about it pal, watch it again without preconceived notions and then tell me it was the tourists' fault.

"Don't argue about it"....paper tigers!

If you were a policeman ( a real one) writing the report on this, based on the video, what would you say the was the first assault?

If / when you can answer that you can then check the sequence of events.

The resulting melee with people being knocked to the ground and severely and savagely, seemingly gratuitously, beaten kicked and stamped on is the result of the earlier assaults.

Watch is without bias, several times and check out all parts of the screen.

The first "assault" was the foreign male walking hand in hand with the female who didn't acknowledge the bodily contact with the Thai, he looked like he was out walking down Oxford Street on a Saturday afternoon, a simple excuse me or I'm sorry after that bump would have prevented what followed.

So the Thai male felt he had been pushed and he responded, that's where it all begins.

The first physical act of aggression that I can see is where the foreign female slapped the face of the Thai man, it really doesn't matter what was said, she struck him and he lost face.

Yep. Add the son connecting with the Thai man, in what looks like an effort to move him out the way before being shoved back in retaliation and you've got it spot on.

Interesting reaction in the UK. The Scotsman claimed it was a Scottish family and then Wales On-Line named them and identified them as a Welsh family. Both of their FB pages were full of fury and anger at the serious assault. I didn't see any comments noting that the first assaults were actually not from any of the Thais.

I am not condoning or excusing the very serious and totally unwarranted assaults these three people suffered. But moving someone out the way as the son did, then slapping one in the face as the mum did, then hitting one as the dad did is never going to end well, especially when your in a foreign country and where all are fueled by alcohol. At their time of life the British family should have known better and the Thais cannot excuse their excessive violence in any circumstances. But booze distorts reality.

Those who claim they can't see the assaults carried out by the British must need a visit to Specsavers. If they don't know what constitutes an assault, assault and battery, and gbh they should do some research.

Yeah you are right, that gang of Thai guys were just acting in self defense because an old lady slapped one of them. They had no choice but to knock them all out and then kick each of them in the head. Rule Thailand!

As for your excuse for why this happened, the man who got slapped is neither the guy who punched or kicked any of the tourists but at the start of the video he is arguing with one of his friends who KO's all of them and another guy kicks then in the head while they are out or coming round. In fact the slapee appears to be in the middle trying to stop his drunk angry friends from attacking the 2 older tourists.

"The slapee" is staggering about reeling from the punch he got from the father, not trying to stop his friends. In fact, at the end he stomps on the son's head before leaving.

Thainess reaching the news once again.....

I have seen many videos of gutless king hits in Kings Cross Sydney and St Kilda Melbourne. Hardly makes it Australianess does it??

Being on the wrong side of town at the wrong side of midnight, with a belly full of beer, certainly increases exponentially one's vulnerability of becoming an assault victim in any country of the world.

Even if these animals are sentenced appropriately, I still scoff at the notion of Thainess...the authorities are taking this matter seriously only because it may impact tourism...not because of the assault that seemingly targeted farangs...

it's like the people who do not drink and drive because they don't want a ticket...not because they may kill someone...

for a nation that openly embraces Buddhism, the moral development of most people is rather poor...self serving adolescents...

0:19The black shirt British guy pushed the Thai guy away. 0:22 the thai guy pushed back n the floor was slippery resulting in the black shirt british man fall. 0:50 Then after some argument the lady slap the thai guy in the face. 1:13 the Black shirt british man proceeded to lock the black shirt thai man in a headlock 1:13 same time the purple shirt british man threw a punch at another thai( guy who had a bottle in hand who got push by the black shirt british and push back in 0:19). Thats when the Thai gangsters retaliated. Study the video closely. Again I don't condone the acts of the Thai Gangsters but it takes 2 hands to clap.

follow the movements of the purple shirt british man from 1:08 to 1:13. it might not be clear but u can see him moving across and throwing a punch at 1:13. watch closely. He punch the thai man who had the bottle in his hand who was pushed by the Black Shirt British man in 0:19, He fell to the ground after being punch by the British man. after which he got up from the floor. Thats why the black shirt thai man broke free of his headlock and walk all the way across to punch him 1st. Mayhem Ensues Thats what actually caused the thais to start fighting.

Its not right how the Thais kick the family and the old lady when they are on the floor. But the British family started it 1st by pushing slapping n throwing the 1st punch. They even punch n knock a Thai man onto the floor. Don't tell me they r 50 n 60. A thai man got knock down on the floor by a punch. They got too much what they ask for. I don't condone violence. In this case I don't condone violent acts from both sides. Its just that the Thais were more violent in retaliation.

Why does the RTP think that its solely the fault of the Thais? Fear or Bad News for Tourism? pls do your job n investigate properly. Every expat i spoke to n when saw the video how i pointed it out in detail saw it too. it wasn't solely the fault of the thais. Please be fair.

Put away your emotions for abit. I know we dont like it that the lady got kick on the floor.

But fact of the matter is the British family started it n got too much what they ask for. It takes 2 hands to clap. RTP should investigate this case clearly. I have shown the video to my wife n some friends of mine n pointed out in detail what happen. After watching it together with me. Everyone was fair in saying the British should not have started it by shoving slapping n punching the thais and the Thais retaliated too violently. Violence should never be an answer to your anger. It applies to both the British Family n the Thais in this case.

I agree with your sequence of events. The British guy looked drunk and pushed the white shirted guy in a very arrogant and disrespectful way but you then seem to disregard the white shirt guy shoving the British guy who fell and is obviously hurt, upsetting his parents. This is the start of the violence - The British guy was rude the Thai guy caused the first blow (head hitting the pavement). At this point the mother should have not reacted with a slap but we also do not know what is being said that may have wound her up even more. Maybe the Thai guy should have apologised at this point as what he did was far worse than being pushed out of the way.

Where I strongly disagree with you is you seem to say that what the Thais did was justified and no worse than what the British did.

Maybe you should have another look at the video and see how badly hurt each side was - Thai men running away uninjured 3 British hospitalised and you still think the Thais involved were in the right!!! Those animals turned a skirmish into a kicking that could easily have ended up with someone dead. You said "the Thais retaliated too violently" - rather an understatement especially considering the ages of 2 of the victims.

The world is not stunned because there was a fight it is stunned by the level of violence directed at an elderly couple by a group of young Thai men regardless of how it started. That is why it is solely the fault of the Thais!

Anyone who watches that elderly couple being punched and kicked and still thinks they deserved it, needs help.

It sounds like the poster named Moonmoon is a Thai and it would seem impossible to even consider a Thai would be in the wrong when against a farang.

I would say to him/her:

Better to just say nothing as your words clearly tell your Thainess.

Its like saying the farang lady deserves to be raped and killed because she wears sexy clothes and rejected the sexual advances of a rich Thai guy.

Please tell Moonmoon:

If a Thai youth (nong) knocks and an old Thai lady (Pee) to the ground and then kicks her in the head..

what do you think?

Is ok because the old lady "started it"??

It sounds like the poster named Moonmoon is a Thai and it would seem impossible to even consider a Thai would be in the wrong when against a farang.

I would say to him/her:

Better to just say nothing as your words clearly tell your Thainess.

Its like saying the farang lady deserves to be raped and killed because she wears sexy clothes and rejected the sexual advances of a rich Thai guy.

Please tell Moonmoon:

If a Thai youth (nong) knocks and an old Thai lady (Pee) to the ground and then kicks her in the head..

what do you think?

Is ok because the old lady "started it"??

If you disagree with his sequence of events on the video why not challenge them. But for gods sake don't attack the poster just because he sees things one way and you've obviously not bothered to study the footage!

unprovoked?

Are you serious Metapod? You can justify what that guy did to a women? I wouldn't even call the maggot a man. Hitting women just ain't on.

Where does it say that he ‘Justified’ what happened to the farang family?

His point, a point I happen to agree with, was how the completely biased term ‘Unprovoked’ was used throughout the report, implying the farang family were totally innocent and without fault.

Yes, of course what went on to happen was completely out of order, and I myself could not believe that Thai guy kicked the old woman in the face. But, wouldn’t the report have been a lot fairer as well as more realistic if the term’, ‘drunken altercation between Thais and farang gets totally out of hand’, had been used instead?

As we all well know, men are masculine, women are feminine. That said each in turn should respect the other’s sexuality. If a woman chooses to abuse her femininity by using profanity or violence towards a man, then is it not fair to say that the woman no longer deserves the right to respect from the man? And is it not also fair to say that as people of their well advanced years, 'the parents', should have known better than to slap and sucker punch Thais.

And again yes, what went on to happen was completely unwarranted and I do not condone it, but I really cannot agree with the reporting of this incident.

Incidentally, I’ve been coming to Thailand since 81 and have been full time now since 97. During this time I have witnessed the Thai attitude steadily change from a quiet resentment to full blown hatred for farang. And, I have to say to myself, ‘is it any wonder, when the quality of tourist has gone from generally older, more respectful western guys, to every scumbag sex pest, drug taking bottom feeder on earth!’

Time for expats to bail this sinking ship…

Originally reported (and still on some international news sites) as a gang of youths. 32 year old 'youths' ! What a disgrace.

You are either kidding or drunk. He brushed his arm as he tried to walk past a staggering man in a crowd. If you think that is pushing him l am staggered.

unprovoked?

You are either kidding or drunk. He brushed his arm as he tried to walk past a staggering man in a crowd. If you think that is pushing him l am staggered.

at 22 second a soft push make tht guy fall mayb he was also so drunk tht this easy push make him fall. was certainly not a hard push or punch., anyway . thn the women mother do escalating everything by angry went after tht thai guy. shuld just let tht thai man move on. and as i see shouting him slap his face at 51 second from the video and wrestle him push him and hit again at 1:13 where thn tht guy respons by hittin her back and once a thai lose its cool we all know wat happen next too well . i think is no excuse to hit a women but she just over react on tht thai man to let him lose his cool.

by the way i see some huge guy try to help the family? fight with tht guys someone noted it too ? at he came tht scene at 1:34 and fight some the guys and wrestle down some of them before dissapear from the scene.

The police, no that's not what they are, scum bags are to busy fining people for having noisy motorbikes so they can put cash into their pockets, do correct police work and protect the public bah, never happen in Thailand, the country's gone to s-it, LOS no more!

They should fine the people with noisy motorbikes AND protect the public. All elements of the law should be enforced at the same time daily. No crackdowns, daily enforcement of everything. Of course it would take millions of police to do this.

Lets start the video by saying the white shirt thai guy who pushed the tourist was very drunk with a beer bottle on his hand, he was already arguing and pushing another black shirt thai guy around before the attack.

Based on my observation, the tourist did not push the Thai. His arm was caught as the two pass each other, and it swung backward. I think some interprets that as a push. He did not even flinch or turn his head, normally if the act is deliberate the person pushing would have turn his head slightly to see the reaction of the other person. The tourist did not flinch or turn his head, he just walk straight like it was an accident. The drunk Thai guy took offense to it, probably because it was a hard brush against the tourist, the tourist looks like a pretty big guy, and bump into his hands would have been a bit hard espeically given how fast the Thai guy was walking.

So it seems the Thai guy started the whole mess, which he did admitted. But the tourist made it worse when his parents started to punch out at the Thais. Both at fault.

Chang1, very reasonable reply. I have no idea what transpired prior to this video (that is, if anything did). It not about who is to blame it's about the level of violence. All that was needed was a couple of shoves and then move on, but no it went to the next level. Any man that can't that can't take a slap from an old woman lacks courage, self control and all the rest. Imo, it isn't the original Thai chap that should be taking the rap for this but the one who kicked the old lady while she was down. I know thugs do this elsewhere but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be seen for what it is, pure and utterly uncontrolled violence. Defend yourself, yes! but using sledge hammer tactics was unnecessary in this case.