LATEST: Vicious Hua Hin mob attack on British family caught on video stuns the world

webfact

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For every bad Thai (and sure they can be as nasty as anyone) there are nineteen decent Thais. The country might not be as cordial and welcoming as it was twenty years, that's probably true but it's slowly catching up to the rest of the world, a world that has become greedier and less human. This sort of behaviour is not unknown in Sydney, the Gold Coast and very likely in most European capitals (The Chelsea supporters throwing the African man off the train in Paris as an example). Western media will of course jump on this. The commercial networks in Australia love a little Asian bashing now and again to feed their low brow bogan audience. And of course cruelty and callousness is not the preserve of street thugs, the recent governments in Australia have shown no sympathy at all for the mental and physical torture that goes on in their offshore detention centres. It's that sort of world we live in now. It's hard and no one cares anymore.

unprovoked?

they started it by pushing the thai guy and then she punches him in the face.

ThaiVisa has terrible journalistic standards. Did you even watch the video before writing the article?

Did she, Not From what I could see?

Would that justify the beating they got?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

So when is it EVER justified for a male OF ANY AGE, to hit a woman, and when is it justified for a 32 year old male of ANY RACE to hit a 70 year old woman. An absolute disgrace in any country in any culture anywhere in the world....

firstly, i never justified anything.

secondly, if you don't want to get hit, don't hit other people first.

C'mon its not about who started but about was it appropriate to knock three people out with a gang of 6 and kick them in the face?

OK, watched it again, tourists fault, she slapped the Thai man, her son punched another and they got badly beaten as a result, sorry but I can't change the facts just to suit your wishes.

You keep on obsessing over 'facts' without being able to present a single one, not a one. How you 'read' events on that poor quality video is NOT fact, but opinion.....and that is a 'fact'.....learn the difference and you might get somewhere in a debate....

I'll bet you're a barrel of laughs in court when the speed camera's catch you, "it's just an opinion m'lud, it's not a fact". laugh.png

What is seen in a video mate is fact, it's not my opinion it's right there for all to see. And the quality of the video is just fine.

So tell me, if you're in denial about the foreign female slapping the Thai male, who did throw the first punch/slap, assuming you've actually seen the video!

Shocking to watch.

I believe things will only continue down this slope while police automatically take the side of Thais and only see farangs as potential money providers.

Give them a small fine, a short sentence then maybe a pardon, before letting them loose on the streets again.

Oh, and don't forget to charge the victims for hospital fees, and a fine for overstaying their holiday visa.

As a TV member blatantly pointed out this is a developing country with lawless ways. People who come here to vacation should not expect same rules from home. They are lucky to come out of the situation alive but battered.

If you are not happy with how things are run here there is plenty other countries to retire at.

unprovoked?

ThaiVisa has terrible journalistic standards. Did you even watch the video before writing the article?

Look at the video the first 15 seconds you can see 2 thai guys (black shirt and light coloured shirt carry a bottle ) having a verbal and a bit of a jostling. They start to walk off at around the 17/18/19/20 second mark your see the Brits coming through and as they pass the 2 Thais, the Brit in black sticks his left arm out and sort of grabs at the thai in light coloured shirt. The thai who was grabbed appears drunk and obviously retaliates. That's how it appears to be started from my perspective. No one else noticed the little thai girl getting body slammed into the ground as well and she hobbles/walks off.

If you are not happy with how things are run here there is plenty other countries to retire at.

The topic isn't about retirees, it's about holidaymakers.

But I sort of agree with you, Thailand isn't really a suitable destination for western holidaymakers any more IMHO.

The police, no that's not what they are, scum bags are to busy fining people for having noisy motorbikes so they can put cash into their pockets, do correct police work and protect the public bah, never happen in Thailand, the country's gone to s-it, LOS no more!

I understand that the police are often seen to be bad guys but I think this is only where there are lots of Farang living, and these areas tend to be a magnet for the poorer BiBs. Up country I find them very friendly and helpful.

To Westerners thinking of visiting Thailand it is moving from Land of Smiles to Land of Scum. You only need a couple of issues to be broadcast overseas and that is your tourism industry from the West finished

No prob - the Chinese are coming

We live in a land of No Consequences. Tourists come here because it is the land of No Consequences. Some Thais and farangs drive stupidly aggressive because they know there is No Consequences for ignorant dangerous behavior. Everyday laws are ignored and scoffed at because this is the land of No Consequences. Farangs can be fleeced by the local immigration officer because the officer knows their is No Consequences for their behavior. Military frequently overthrowing elected government because they know there is No Consequences.

The elderly farand lady slapped the Thai guy thinking, in a drunken state, that their would be No Consequences. The drunken/drugged Thai Thugs retaliated and in a culture of No Consequences believe that a mere drunkenness is my excuse apology should suffice. Many Thais will shake their head knowing they live in the land of No Consequences while farangs will be shocked that such reckless violence can happen in the land of No Consequences.

To Westerners thinking of visiting Thailand it is moving from Land of Smiles to Land of Scum. You only need a couple of issues to be broadcast overseas and that is your tourism industry from the West finished

Don't be daft. A coup didn't finish it. A murder didn't finish it. A bombing in the middle of Bangkok didn't finish it. This certainly isn't going to.

Why are some many posters here so desperate for the downfall of the tourist industry, anyway?

Yes, that's also a puzzle to me as to why so many on here are so desperate for the downfall of the tourist industry.

may be they think that will teach the authorities to start some actions that will change Thailand to the better and will lead to some justice?

unprovoked?

Look at the video the first 15 seconds you can see 2 thai guys (black shirt and light coloured shirt carry a bottle ) having a verbal and a bit of a jostling. They start to walk off at around the 17/18/19/20 second mark your see the Brits coming through and as they pass the 2 Thais, the Brit in black sticks his left arm out and sort of grabs at the thai in light coloured shirt. The thai who was grabbed appears drunk and obviously retaliates. That's how it appears to be started from my perspective. No one else noticed the little thai girl getting body slammed into the ground as well and she hobbles/walks off.

Also the bar pulling the shutters down as it starts to escalate.

They weren't angels agreed but the bottom line is the beating was too severe IMO.

:)

You all can paint this any way you want but the reality is that these folks were brutally beaten and IMO it could have been worse. For those comments about the lady "pushing" and slapping that one Thai, do you know what words were being exchanged? How about the last sequence where they all are punched in the face with vicious shots and the lady is kicked in the head. All out cold and who knows what will follow for them. Did you see the bottle in the left hand of the first Thai involved? How about the sucker punch on the first Brit that went down. Maybe these folks had spent a bit of time relaxing somewhere before walking through this crowd but these guys simply became animals. That's it, animals and I am willing to to bet that there is absolutely no remorse in any of them.

Posters are all entitled to their opinion, comments, etc. but in no way do I see any justification for the outcome. Three people lying sprawled on the concrete for what? That last guy who took the head kick to the lady should be held for attempted murder because that is WHAT THAT KICK IS FOR.

The topic isn't about retirees, it's about holidaymakers.

But I sort of agree with you, Thailand isn't really a suitable destination for western holidaymakers any more IMHO.

<deleted>.

Thailand is one of the most popular tourism destinations of the world and will continue to be so.

Problem is people who get drunk and start fights (the British tourists in this case)

When I first watched this cctv footage this morning I like most was appalled at the violence shown towards these people. It was definitely over the top and a display of hatred.

While the level of violence used was inexcusable it is clear that the old couple showed they didn't take into account where they are. The old man punched a Thai man, the old lady slapped a Thai man.

The initial fall by the son looks like he is drunk and the push simply made him lose his balance. The Father and Mother should have picked him up and got him away quickly.

They certainly didn't deserve what they got but at their age they should know diffusing a situation or simply getting the hell out of there would have been far better.

Once the violence starts (from what I see by the foreigners) The Thai men are lifted to a frenzy and seem like they want to kill them. The final kick to the lady and walking over them shows a disgusting level of a lack of respect.

This will be a dilemma for the justice system as they will have to be seen to give heavy punishment for the sake of the tourism while most Thai's will see a reaction to a loss of face for a public face slap and a punch.

I hope the disgusting pack of wolves get a heavy prison term, though I doubt it. I also hope the family recovers quickly. I'm sure the woman in particular will find it hard to forget.

Watching the cctv made me realise how easy it is to get into a terrible situation at any time. I wouldn't fight a Thai in a crowd for any reason anymore. I have in the past and been very lucky to have walked away. It seems many will come and join the fight against you and the crowd will only watch until it's over.

Remember this video footage and take care whilst you are out particularly at night.

I really watched the video and I saw a few people say the family were the ones being offensive but actually the dad (?)is stopped then moves on when the thai (stumbled?)into the dad and touches the guy that decks him. The slap the mom gives seems to be in response of the guy trying to walk away after pushing down the dad.cant understand why it's always 6 on one (yes I know 3) seems thais love to dog pile farangs no matter what is going on. It's a damn shame they act like school kids fighting on the play ground.

Watched the video three times - the initial Thai guy was angry at another Thai and charged after him. He brushed in front of the farang son who reached out to push him out of the way. The Thai guy pushes him and the son over-balances and hit his head as he fell. Mum jumps into the frey and would not back off. After a little, the Thai louts appear and start swinging fists and feet. These animals are just scum in any society - cowards and just plain thugs. The tall man in the black shirt is an absolute blight on Thailand - punching a 65 yo woman is the face after downing the son from behind - a disgrace. The kick to the woman's face as she sat up was sickening and clearly the second strike is an attempt at murder. Sad indictment on the scum in Thailand - hunting in packs - getting drunk - seeking out the weak and vulnerable. Would they do that to old Thai people? Hope they get all of them and they get charged with attempted murder - 25 years in the monkey house is well deserved. A moment's stupidity can be focused on with clarity for a long time in the click - goodbye bad rubbish!!!

Thailand is one of the most popular tourism destinations of the world and will continue to be so.

Problem is people who get drunk and start fights (the British tourists in this case)

It's popular because Thai women are cheap, it's not much good for anything else.

Too dirty for a start. The roads are dirty, the countryside is dirty, the sea and beaches are dirty.

I certainly wouldn't come here on a family holiday, I don't want my mum or my children to see the hookers out everywhere.

I guess in a way, the apologists are right, this isn't a place for decent western foreigners to visit.

Especially western women and children.

Disregarding the debate about who was right and who was wrong and who did what to who this incident still pretty much typifies the trend to lawlessness in Thailand which has been evolving over the past few years.

I have been coming and going and staying for the past ten years and have been reading these forums for a long time. Lately it is clear that things are getting out of hand and foreign counties need to warn prospective tourists that they are at risk in Thailand from street violence, robbery, and death on the roads and in the water.

Come to Thailand at your own peril. If you make it out alive and undamaged feel thankful for your good luck.

This can happen in many countries but what is astounding is the crowd just standing there like a gladitorial game. I couldn't imagine that happening. ?

If I would have been on that scene, I too would have been reluctant to wad in and put myself at risk, especially considering from an onlookers perspective I would not have had any idea what the dispute was about and who was in the right or in the wrong. The attack was not an attempt at robbery or an assault. The son seemed drunk and the mother was in fighting mode, so why should anyone want to be the hero, go in there and may be risk getting knifed or get their teeth kicked in for complete strangers as did one man according to the reports. This was not just a bunch of thugs committing an unprovoked attack on some innocent victims but rather a brawl that resulted in Thai thugs 1, British tourists 0.

I am not by any means making excuses for the mindless thugs, but don`t forget we don`t know what instigated this brawl in the first place. I don`t believe some witness accounts that the Thais simply attacked the tourists because they hate Farlangs, there has to be more to it than that and until the whole facts of the matter are established then I will reserve my conclusions for that time.

You all can paint this any way you want but the reality is that these folks were brutally beaten and IMO it could have been worse. For those comments about the lady "pushing" and slapping that one Thai, do you know what words were being exchanged? How about the last sequence where they all are punched in the face with vicious shots and the lady is kicked in the head. All out cold and who knows what will follow for them. Did you see the bottle in the left hand of the first Thai involved? How about the sucker punch on the first Brit that went down. Maybe these folks had spent a bit of time relaxing somewhere before walking through this crowd but these guys simply became animals. That's it, animals and I am willing to to bet that there is absolutely no remorse in any of them.

Posters are all entitled to their opinion, comments, etc. but in no way do I see any justification for the outcome. Three people lying sprawled on the concrete for what? That last guy who took the head kick to the lady should be held for attempted murder because that is WHAT THAT KICK IS FOR.

Agreed.

smile.png

It's popular because Thai women are cheap, it's not much good for anything else.

Too dirty for a start. The roads are dirty, the countryside is dirty, the sea and beaches are dirty.

I certainly wouldn't come here on a family holiday, I don't want my mum or my children to see the hookers out everywhere.

I guess in a way, the apologists are right, this isn't a place for decent foreigners to visit.

Especially foreign women and children.

Quite a large generalization for the whole country isn't it?

For every bad Thai (and sure they can be as nasty as anyone) there are nineteen decent Thais.

More like 50/50 nationwide, but the 50% bad mostly hang out in the holiday resorts upping the odds for trouble.

I wouldn't say 50/50. In places like Phuket and Pattaya it might be closer to 50/50 but I wouldn't say those places are the real Thailand, but generally 90% of Thais are fine. As been pointed out here, the combination of alcohol and cultural misunderstandings can have sad results. I've bumped into Thai people, a quick sorry and a 'wai' and the same from the other person have been my experience.

I guess in a way, the apologists are right, this isn't a place for decent foreigners to visit.

Especially foreign women and children.

Quite a large generalization for the whole country isn't it?

You ever been anywhere in Thailand you thought was clean?

Thailand has really made me appreciate European beaches and countryside.

Before I came here I took the litter free state of the world as a given.

I guess in a way, the apologists are right, this isn't a place for decent western foreigners to visit.

Especially western women and children.

You do realize you are calling every Farang that visits or lives in Thailand indecent correct?

And you have singled out "western women and children" as particularly indecent. Maybe you should change your wording a little....

Such a cowardly display will not help this country in the eyes of the world.

Nothing seems to stop the tourists from streaming in anyway.

You know as well as anyone else, very little of what goes on here gets reported abroad.

This will be seen in isolation, the same as visiting any country where a violent episode is reported.

That guy that kicked the woman wanted her dead IMO.

Farangs fight to win..Thais fight to kill.

NO-ONE does ANYTHING BECAUSE they were drunk!!.. they do it, did it, because they're total ****s (imagine what you will!).. being drunk just gives such no-marks an exuse to let loose their darker sides without having to consider such 'spoilers' as accountability and NOT being a total ****!!! (I'm sorry, I wuz drunk'.. what kids say after throwing up on their mates parents sofa during their first cider-in-a-plastic-cup swilling party innit???!!!)...

drunk.gifsorry.gifwai.gif

Disregarding the debate about who was right and who was wrong and who did what to who this incident still pretty much typifies the trend to lawlessness in Thailand which has been evolving over the past few years.

I have been coming and going and staying for the past ten years and have been reading these forums for a long time. Lately it is clear that things are getting out of hand and foreign counties need to warn prospective tourists that they are at risk in Thailand from street violence, robbery, and death on the roads and in the water.

Come to Thailand at your own peril. If you make it out alive and undamaged feel thankful for your good luck.

I have been here for over twenty years and I no longer encourage friends and relatives to come to Thailand.

Archived