Where Can I Go To Play Billiards/snooker?

austallia_1980

OK dude, I'm just ribbing you. Perhaps your criteria for this place is a little particular though. Do all the Thais have to middle class? Does a background check need to be done on the girl you are playing pool with? Can we guarantee a place where there are no drunken males that want to fight?

Can you see the problem? Do you get the joke? :o

1. Most pool tables are in tourist area bars, so your screwed there because there are working girls in the bars and they are not full of middle class Thais.

2. If you get to a bar that isn't in a tourist area and they are playing pool you may have a hundred games and not play with one girl at all. This is assuming they are middle class and fit to play with you.

Perhaps you should start thinking less about the what 'class' of Thai bar you want to visit and decide whether you are going out to play pool or to find a 'good girl'.

i can suggest one place.... pool table, but only one

go to ekamai...turn into soi 21, a bar/restuarant called Tuba

definitely middle class....thai ppl....not too crowded on most nights. good bar to hang out and have a few drinks. but dont tell too many ppl about my neighbourhood hangout :o

As anyone can tell by the few posts I've made, I'm no expert; but while wandering around the Victory Monument area (BTS) this week I came acorss a new small place there close to the "Saxophone" club. It apparently is not opening officially until next week, but the area is sort of what OP might be looking for, i.e., not as bar-dense as Sukumvit or Silom.

There's also a pretty good sandwich shop right next door that was just opened up by a Thai-American who just relocated back to Bangkok from the U.S.

Any way, there are probably humdreds of places but if you're looking for something outside the regular Sukumvit ghetto, Victory Monument area is worth exploring for an afternoon.

INCH bar on Ratchada Road near the Pump Up Pub. Quite a good club I was at last night, absolutey ram packed with fit girls, probably your middle class lot by the looks of things, students and office workers.

The usual crap MTV Hip Hip on one side of the club, and Thai music with a live band on the other.

They do have a pool table, not many girls playing on it though but most of the Thai guys I played were not very good so easy to stay on the table for the night.

Friendly atmosphere in there, but I didnt reco it before before I was being a pendantic git and there was the start of a drunken brawl outside when I left. Friends of a well known celeb were involved by the looks of it actually. :o

I've also being hearing about the Saxaphone bar for years but still never got down there. I bet its worth checking out.

Edited by bkkmadness

Where can I go in BKK that is somewhere middle class, where there arent going to be a bunch of thai males ready to start a drunken brawl, or a bunch of working girls. I just want to go to play shoot some pool with a "good girl". Thanks.

Don't be fooled by it's location but the Red Parrot in Patpong is exactly the place you are looking for.

Excellent equipment, superb tables and plenty of girls to play pool with - check out http://www.bangkoktonight.com/bars/red_parrot.shtml

I'm there every Friday night and often other times during the week.

Rack 'em up!!

I'd recommend "Ball in Hand", basement level of Times Square, south side of Sukhumvit (Soi Sukhumvit 12) near Asoke. I think it meets all the OP's requirements except I don't remember seeing any snooker tables, just regular pool tables.

http://www.theballinhand.com/

http://www.bangkoktonight.com/bars/pool_bars.shtml

Edited by lomatopo

sounded good until you mentioned the hip-hop BKKMadness.

The Hip Hop is terrible, just the same old black eye peas sh1t with an 'mc' shouting out the words to the song down the mic. Perhaps he thinks hes freestyling. :o

But there is a saviour, you cross through to the other side of the club (both sides are seperated and soundproofed) and they play some great Thai tunes and have a pretty decent Thai band on as well. :D

I'd recommend "Ball in Hand", basement level of Times Square, south side of Sukhumvit (Soi Sukhumvit 12) near Asoke. I think it meets all the OP's requirements except I don't remember seeing any snooker tables, just regular pool tables.

http://www.theballinhand.com/

http://www.bangkoktonight.com/bars/pool_bars.shtml

That is a nice pool bar. Last time I was there so were some of the top names of pool, Bustamante, Efren Reyes and the current 9 ball world champion, the wonder kid Wu.

But theres not many women there at all apart from the staff, its pretty much a place to play pool and a few drinks, not a great venue for finding 'middle class non working good girls'.

sounded good until you mentioned the hip-hop BKKMadness.

The Hip Hop is terrible, just the same old black eye peas sh1t with an 'mc' shouting out the words to the song down the mic. Perhaps he thinks hes freestyling. :o

But there is a saviour, you cross through to the other side of the club (both sides are seperated and soundproofed) and they play some great Thai tunes and have a pretty decent Thai band on as well. :D

might have to check it out one of these days.....but if i have to listen to hip hop for more than five seconds i will be straight out the door :D

Au 1980, you've done well since this afternoon ain't you pal? If theres a 'where to find a good girl in 8 hours' thread we'll be sure to give you a shout. :o

Lefty, you gotta get in that Inch bar and run through to the other side if you wanna avoid more than 5 seconds of hip hop, but rest assured once your in the Thai music side you'll be safe. If not Pump Up Pubs next to it, last time I was there was a year or so back and they played some good tunes. Not so loud that you couldn't have a chat with the person next to you either. Its worth checking it out just for the midnight 'car wash' show. :D

Where can I go in BKK that is somewhere middle class, where there arent going to be a bunch of thai males ready to start a drunken brawl, or a bunch of working girls. I just want to go to play shoot some pool with a "good girl". Thanks.

:D

A "good girl" hanging out to "shoot pool" in the hope of meeting a predatory farang tourist? :o

Hmmm, such specimens are few and far between, I should imagine.

The OP is more likely another member of the Kleenex brigade looking for material for his next wank.

If not, the result of a confused midwife who lobbed the wrong lump away, albeit an understandable mistake in this case... :D

A "good girl" hanging out to "shoot pool" in the hope of meeting a predatory farang tourist? :D

A predatory farang tourist? He's a guy looking to meet a girl. :o

A "good girl" hanging out to "shoot pool" in the hope of meeting a predatory farang tourist? :D

A predatory farang tourist? He's a guy looking to meet a girl. :o

Oh yes, I must have missed that bit... :D

A "good girl" hanging out to "shoot pool" in the hope of meeting a predatory farang tourist? :o

Hmmm, such specimens are few and far between, I should imagine.

The OP is more likely another member of the Kleenex brigade looking for material for his next wank.

If not, the result of a confused midwife who lobbed the wrong lump away, albeit an understandable mistake in this case... :D

That's what I thought, until I read his later posts. I think he actually wants to take a "good girl" to play pool, not find one. I did that once - she was bored stiff. Not recommended.

Au 1980, you've done well since this afternoon ain't you pal? If theres a 'where to find a good girl in 8 hours' thread we'll be sure to give you a shout. :D

Hey BKKM, the way I read it the OP was looking for a joint to take his "good girl" in middle class company, so she wouldn't get any "bad" ideas from the low class riff-raff the likes of you and me hang out with and jumped ship. However, it was a bit ambiguous admittedly. :o

Also, ambiguous was the way this thread morphed from where to play "billiards/snooker", on to where to go shoot pool in relaxed, low-key surroundings. For middle class snooker halls, Bangkok is absolutely hooching with 'em. About as hard as finding a karaoke bar. :D Never seen billliards being played though - anyone ever play here? :D

Au 1980, you've done well since this afternoon ain't you pal? If theres a 'where to find a good girl in 8 hours' thread we'll be sure to give you a shout.

Give the guy a break - he asked a very simple question, which you misread.

I think an apology would be appropriate BkkMadness.

Seems like you think all pool and snooker players like to hang out at Big Boy on Sukumvit or thye Swan Bar on Nana? Have you been to them? :o

For middle class snooker halls, Bangkok is absolutely hooching with 'em. About as hard as finding a karaoke bar.

Can you make any specific recommendations? I've looked extensively for decent pool halls in Bangkok and haven't had much luck.

I did understand the OP's request, in that he was looking for a reasonable place to go to play pool with his friend. Hence I recommended The Ball in Hand. I can't vouch for the "goodness" or "badness" or the socioeconomic levels of the staff or clientele, but I think it is about the nicest pool hall (environment, equipment, location, price) I've seen in Bangkok. The female wait-staff are, for the most part, good players based on my observations. I have not been there in ~ 3 months.

i can suggest one place.... pool table, but only one

go to ekamai...turn into soi 21, a bar/restuarant called Tuba

definitely middle class....thai ppl....not too crowded on most nights. good bar to hang out and have a few drinks. but dont tell too many ppl about my neighbourhood hangout :o

Well, maybe he should try Tong Lohr soi 20 (depend from where he come!), a bar restaurant name tuba ....

Neighborhood hangout?????????? you live there Mig? I worked near that restaurant and went there many times with the gf.

Q ball in Klong Toey is a great place for those who love snooker. People there are great players.

Sukhumvit soi 22 'Flyers' is not bad at all, even if more 'people'

Au 1980, you've done well since this afternoon ain't you pal? If theres a 'where to find a good girl in 8 hours' thread we'll be sure to give you a shout.

Give the guy a break - he asked a very simple question, which you misread.

Give me a break, I was joking. :D

Yep, did misread his post though. I was under the impression he was looking for a girl, I think I got the idea from some other thread the other day. Perhaps just easily confused. :o

So did the OP go out and play pool, snooker or billiards last night?