Aggression: Thai Style

ev1lchris

It seems like the OP spends all of his waking hours trying to think up new ways to bash the Thais. As usual, on aI haven't experienced any of this "Thai aggression" that he speaks of daily basis. How do guys like this survive in the real world for so long?

" haven't experienced any of this "Thai aggression" that he speaks of daily basis."

you havent ? you want to try live with my x wife for a few weeks.!! the most nasty aggressive human being i have ever come acrooss in my entire life. off course it was good at the start,, the sex i mean .

So according to your post you are an english teacher and everything seems cheap to you? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

How's that BTS ticket and the studio apartment working out so far?

You got a bottom of the barrel job in Thailand and of course Thai people will talk behind your back about it.

I would too - just not behind your back - you're a loser. Period.

And guess what? You're a bottom of the barrel expat who comes to Thailand because your currency can buy you more sex.

I notice that Thais do not outwardly express their anger and it leads to certain other behaviors.

Once I was walking down the street. I saw a Thai street vendor that was angry with a dog that was no older than a puppy. He grabbed it and threw it on the ground. He did this again.

This was outside the BTS / MRT station in Asok by the Pala's Pizza.

I calmly walked forward and asked him what was happening. Then he grabs a knife from his cart and looks at me. I stay calm and do not do anything. He then takes the puppy with the knife into the alley and God knows what happened after that.

I'm sure beating on animals is the result of pent up anger and frustration about not being able to advocate for yourself, or at least living a horrible life. I would not be surprised if many Thais took out their aggression on women and children because of the inability to be assertive on their own behalf.

In the government school system I think this takes the form of the Thai staff talking about the farangs behind their back and purposely not sharing important information (for example, an upcoming day of school closure).

This passive-aggressive / explosive behavior is really pathetic. I understand that Thais do not like it when I make maybe double or triple what they make by virtue of having a different passport or native language. I understand that it's easy for someone like me to come over here and not worry too much about money because from my point of view everything is dirt cheap for me. And if a Thai person is going to try to berate me I am going to throw it back at them one thousand percent.

However, all this is NOT MY FAULT. It's not my fault that the average Thai person makes less than $10 USD a day. It's not my fault that I can just not show up to school at 3 am just because the administration are idiot planners and not receive criticism or punishment for it. It's really not my fault that I can make more in a day than most Thais in a week back in the West.

This is all displaced anger. Thais need to advocate for themselves if they want a better life. That's the reason why people in the States and other parts of the world have better lives. It's like the quote "The squeaky wheel gets the oil."

A mismash of misplaced cause and effect.

You are jumping to conclusions and you also have a fairly poor opinion of the locals.

Many people stay just like you are now but the more enlightened souls are able to distinguish the difference between bad and different.

Understanding a different culture takes time, effort and an open mind. Judging people takes very little effort.

Sure is scary that you are here teaching young, impressionable people.

I saw a Thai man throw a bottle at a dog last night because the dog was growling at another person 20m away. The guy being barked at didnt seen bothered so i was perplexed to as why it bothered him so much.

Dogs behavior escalated over time. This weeks growler is next months chaser and next years biter.