2-year-old girl, one man killed after speeding car rams into their bicycles

webfact

It's the trouble here. Do a runner with the excuse if they hung around the victims family and an outraged mob may well beat you to death is quite a good chance of happening. 

Do a runner to beat drink driving charges using the above excuse and have time to sober up before handing yourself in.  

That guy was flying.  Hope he gets a deserved jail sentence.  

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Hawk said:

I have to do exactly the same, for some reason many Thai drivers lack the ability to judge what other drivers may do or even will do.  And how many idiots can't stop even when they can clearly see a vehicle or person crossing their path up ahead, they freeze for some reason and of course crash into the object.

Maybe their thinking (or what passes for it) goes something like this:

Automatic: Where is that "S" position? I don't see it! There's "P" and "R" ...

Manual: Let me see ... did they say the brake was the left or right pedal?

On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 1:54 PM, MaxYakov said:

It's not just advice. It is acually minimalistic rules for safe (aka survival) cycling in Thailand. The full rule set is too voluminous for this thread.

If your life is worth anything, ride wherever it is necessary to preserve it. A bicycle is not a motor vehicle and does not belong on roads used by motor vehicles.

As I stated: A cyclist is essentially a pedestrian.

As far as riding on sidewalks, Hello!

Thailand is not a Western country, but even in Western countries cycling on sidewalks it is common for it to be both legal and accepted.

The Bangkok Metropolitan Authority has spent much time and money making many of the sidewalks capable of being used by cyclists and in advertising that fact. In fact, in Bangkok sidewalks are used by cyclists of all sorts. If you don't believe me, go to Sukhumvit Road or just about anywhere and watch them.

You obviously do not cycle in Bangkok and do not know what you are talking about.

I don't know what I am talking about? 

You think bicycles do not belong on roads?

I have been cycling nearly ever single day here in Thailand for nearly 10 years... always on a road.  Many roads do not even have 'sidewalks'.

The problem is bad drivers in cars.  They are so bad its just as easy for people to get run over or killed on a sidewalk... and people are motorbikes / scooters as just as much at risk as a cyclist.  Are you going to say motorbikes and scooters also do not belong on the road?

Bangkok is just one place in Thailand... what about the rest of the country? 

You obviously do not cycle outside Bangkok and do not know what you are talking about.  Come to Chiang Mai and try cycling on the pavements. 

On 4/29/2016 at 11:06 PM, FredNL said:

Who caress? I don't any more. With a country loaded of retards, over 20,000 deads per year on the streets.... How about that other 100 lives lost today???

Not caring about a two year old with her whole life before her snuffed out in a second makes you a pretty callous individual.