New 90-day reporting proposed

The German-Thai Chamber of Commerce sent this to their members:

A new 90 days reporting format has been proposed by the Bureau of Immigration with effect May 1, 2016. According to this new format information is to be given about personal information like clubs, restaurants, shops frequented, social media used, cars used, bank accounts.

The EABC and JFCCT have send letters to the Commissioner of the Immigration Bureau, the Minister of Labour, Deputy Prime Minister Somkid and the Minister for ICT in which they urged a review of the planned use of this format and called on the Thai government to consider some urgent measures.

Please download a copy of the EABC letter, a copy of the reporting form, EABC and JFCCT recommendations on work permit and visa issues through the following links:

UNQUOTE

Might be interesting for those who have to do the 90-day reports.

The topic about this strange new three page form has already been discussed intensively in other threads.

That this madness would become mandatory nationwide from May 1 would be new.

That would be a funny Monday 2nd at Chaeng Wattana and others whistling.gif

I entered my online 90 day report (due date May 4th) 8 days ago.

Still pending, not approved.

Your thread makes me nervous blink.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

I looked through the last couple of pages but didn't see anything related, otherwise I would have posted there. Incidentally, was it posted that the Foreign Chambers are lobbying not only against the new proposal, but against the 90-day reporting in general? I found the Recommendations rather good.

Let's see; the Chambers may have more clout than even ThaiVisa, so let's see what will happen.