Over 1,000 houses damaged by gusty winds on April 27-28

webfact

Over 1,000 houses damaged by gusty winds on April 27-28

584_gusty-winds-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- More than 1,000 houses in ten northern, northeastern and central provinces sustained complete or partial damages from gusty winds during thunderstorms on Wednesday and Thursday, said the Department of Public Disaster Prevention and Mitigation on Friday.

Hardest hit among the ten provinces were Si Sa Ket, Roi Et and Nakhon Sawan provinces on Thursday where the number of houses damaged by gusty winds were 367,170 and 150 respectively.

Officials from the department and relevant officials have inspected the damages and initial help has been provided to the victims.

Meanwhile, the Meteorological Department issued an announcement today warning of summer thunderstorms and gusty winds today and tomorrow in northern, northeastern, central and eastern regions as a consequence of the collision of high pressure system from China with hot spells covering the areas.

Provinces to be affected include Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Nan, Lamphun, Lampang, Phayao, Phrae, Uttradit, Phetchabun, Loei, Nong Khai, Bung Karn, Nong Bua Lamphu, Udon Thani, Khon Kaen, Sakhon Nakhon, Roi Et, Yasothon, Chaiyaphum, Nakhon Ratchasim, Buriram, Surin, Si Sa Ket, Ubon Ratchathani, Nakhon Sawan, Chai Nat, Lop Buri, Saraburi, Nakhon Nayok, Prachin Buri, Sa Kaeo, Chachoengsao, Trat and Chanthaburi.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/161615

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-04-29

I must admit that from around 7pm to 9pm we had some really heavy wind with great big drops of rain. Luckily our electric held out and there seems to be no damage, just lots of fallen leaves from our neighbours trees. This is in Uttaradit city, I did hear that it worse further out from the city. One good thing from it though is the temperature has dipped.

from OP:

Hardest hit among the ten provinces were Si Sa Ket, Roi Et and Nakhon Sawan provinces on Thursday where the number of houses damaged by gusty winds were 367,170 and 150 respectively.

What a difference a space makes. I mentally gasped when I read that over 350,000 houses were damaged. Then the light came on. Oh.

For the many Farang commenters, I would suggest that you take a drive around the

country of Thailand, when you are there for more than a couple of weeks. I have seen many poor

villages, and towns, as well as major cities where a lot of the population is very poor. They cannot afford

to build houses like the majority of you fellow commenters , live in. The Canadian equivalent to some of

those structures are our old mobile homes, or Modular units of 20 to 30 years ago. I even have

a few relatives that live in old houses on the farm that would get damaged if the storms were too

violent. I have friends that live in Chiang Mai, Roi Et, and Nong Khai, I hope they are all okay

and that their homes are not too damaged by these storms. I guess that even a nice tropical

country like Thailand can have storms that make everyone realize that the tropics are not

always the paradise that some of us think they are.

Geezer

Edited by Stargrazer9889