Recommendations for Bangkok architect+builder

KhunAhoj

So we decided to build a house in Bangkok and we are now looking for the best architect and builders to put this together at the best price.

We have searched all corners of the internet including coolthaihouse, this forum and so on and we're also going to the architect expo this weekend to see what it has to offer. So far we're not satisfied with what we've found so I would like to ask you guys if you have any recommendations, preferably from your own experiences.

We're not building anything complicated, apart from the floor plan not being the typical box shape we're just building a concrete house with some glass and wood and we're not looking for "European standard" or anything like that, just a good quality build with straight floors and walls, no cracks or crooked doors and windows etc etc.

If you built your house in Bangkok with a satisfying result please let me know who you employed.

Thanks!

Have built a few houses in Thailand. In Bangkok (and in general) the MOST important aspect of building a house is the foundation! Even more so in Bangkok as it is built on marsh land. So whatever the plans call for ....add some more ...over engineer it.

Good Luck finding a builder ....a few friends have had the builder take off with monies after starting the project ...no where to be found

Have not used this builder, but seen a couple of their projects in varioius stages of completion, their build quality is above average based on what I've seen, won't say its the best as you just never know until you live in the house for a while. Tagged along with a relative who is building a house as well, but haven't decided on a builder.

http://www.ayb.co.th/

They build on average 20 hourses per year and has been around 10+ years.

• 3 months later...

We used our daughter's friend although young he was great at all that we needed PM me I will get the number, on the builder we split it between 2 since we did the foundations, base and pillows with one company and another for the remainder, we used proper piles we are based in Pathum Thani it depends how many Columns you are planning and the size of your land, we have 8 for my small extension 12m x 6m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived