Thai teenager in lucky escape after harpooning his eyelid

Jonathan Fairfield

Thai teenager in lucky escape after harpooning his eyelid

post-137452-0-02096600-1461998812_thumb.

Image: Daily News

NAN:-- A Thai youth had a very lucky escape when he harpooned himself going fishing.

The gruesome picture of Jitrapanu Khantasima,16, was posted on social media, reports Daily News.

He was going to a local river Thursday with the two metre long implement when he tripped and fell. It pierced his eyelid going through to the forehead but just missed blinding him.

Neighbours who saw the accident in the Chiang Klang area of Nan in the north of the country rushed him to the local hospital. He was later transferred for surgery to the main hospital in Nan.

Dr Phongthep Wongwatcharapaibun of Nan Hospital said the young man was lucky the harpoon had not entered his eyeball. He warned everyone going fishing with such things to be very careful especially when walking.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-30

"Neighbours who saw the accident in the Chiang Klang area of Nan in the north of the country rushed him to the local hospital. He was later transferred for surgery to the main hospital in Nan."

but not before he took some selfies and posted them on NoFacebook.

sorry. my bad. feel better soon kid.

There are very rarely any true "accidents", to the extent that the UK police forces never use the words "road accident" any more but refer to "collisions".

Bad things that happen are usually due to carelessness, poor judgment or ignorance. I know, I've just slammed my foot in the fridge door!

The hell's wrong with some of you? A young lad has an accident that could have happened in any country on Earth (it sure as hell could have happened to a young me when harpooning in Sweden as a kid), and you jump at the opportunity to proclaim how stupid Thai people are. Are people falling down while bicycling equally stupid and trying to achieve the Darwin Award? Accidents happen, and they sure as hell happen in the U.S. Netherlands, UK, Australia or wherever the hell you're from.

No wonder some Thai people turn into farang haters with people like you around.

only a runner up for the Darwin awards.

No, this one takes the Cake - Happened in Brazil:

http://gawker.com/harpoon-pierces-mans-skull-in-cleaning-accident-doesn-476840431

The 34-year-old fisherman was reportedly cleaning his fishing gear when the weapon discharged, causing a spear to enter his skull through the left eye socket.

Who cleans a loaded speargun?? Only Idiots.clap2.gif clap2.gifclap2.gif

Well...the fish are probably glad he had the accident and did not make it to the fishing hole while the fish lived for another day...lol

Meantime, you would think the kid will have learned a lesson and from now on when walking and carrying the fishing instrument it is well advised to have the sharp end pointed down at all times ....that or install a rubber or plastic blunt end tip on the dangerously sharp end to avoid such events as seen in the photo.

I surmise he will not do any such thing but still it is considered good advice anyhow....lol

Cheers

well he got it half right, just missed by a centimeter, next time maybe.

Ur not funny. Would u Hav said such a stupid comment if it woz ur son.

Get well soon kid.

huh ? lighten up brick for brains , if it was my kid i would not admit it , would say it was wife's "brother" .

The hell's wrong with some of you? A young lad has an accident that could have happened in any country on Earth (it sure as hell could have happened to a young me when harpooning in Sweden as a kid), and you jump at the opportunity to proclaim how stupid Thai people are. Are people falling down while bicycling equally stupid and trying to achieve the Darwin Award? Accidents happen, and they sure as hell happen in the U.S. Netherlands, UK, Australia or wherever the hell you're from.

No wonder some Thai people turn into farang haters with people like you around.

Hear, hear! It seems like any excuse will do. Although at times it is deserved, in this case I agree with Myran 100% - an accident, pure and simple.

only a runner up for the Darwin awards.

No, this one takes the Cake - Happened in Brazil:

http://gawker.com/harpoon-pierces-mans-skull-in-cleaning-accident-doesn-476840431

The 34-year-old fisherman was reportedly cleaning his fishing gear when the weapon discharged, causing a spear to enter his skull through the left eye socket.

Who cleans a loaded speargun?? Only Idiots.clap2.gif clap2.gifclap2.gif

A real lucky Idiot, had luck in bad luck.