Koh Chang

SamuiJens

Thinking of going to chang or other Islands close by. So if any have any info, I haven't seen a place for it's forum, so General Tropics will do. be thinking of a long stay-like rent small house for 2 prices, as well as scooter rental and over all thinks on these Islands, OR is it starting like Samui to be all Developers heaven and bad roads?

in one word: PAENG !!!!!!!

by far not to be compared with Samui.

Samui became a real big shiiiithole (imho)

maybe that's one of the reason u think about relocation....hehe

roads are much better on KC but it is quite looong distance between beaches.

main beach (white sands) is comparable to Chaweng (just smaller): so better forget that particular location.

opposite coastal is pretty much unexplored (but a wonderful NEWLY built road...something u would WISH ever to have anywhere Samui).

hmmm.got much more to tell u if u wish but it is dinner time 4me.

maybe more later and 4sure some input frm other members too

;-)

gonna be back KC in feb....personally prefer KaeBe ....not the best beach but a good share of both affordable (but quality) accomodation and some (but not really exciting) nightlife.

in one word: PAENG !!!!!!!

by far not to be compared with Samui.

Samui became a real big shiiiithole (imho)

maybe that's one of the reason u think about relocation....hehe

roads are much better on KC but it is quite looong distance between beaches.

main beach (white sands) is comparable to Chaweng (just smaller): so better forget that particular location.

opposite coastal is pretty much unexplored (but a wonderful NEWLY built road...something u would WISH ever to have anywhere Samui).

hmmm.got much more to tell u if u wish but it is dinner time 4me.

maybe more later and 4sure some input frm other members too

;-)

gonna be back KC in feb....personally prefer KaeBe ....not the best beach but a good share of both affordable (but quality) accomodation and some (but not really exciting) nightlife.

Thanks joinme2leave, would love to hear more,also from others, whats the moterbike rental price, for exp.?

Hope to hear from you soon when you got time, Thanks again.

KC is my favourite island..its nothing like samui..its not built up and very easy to get around.

For the complete rundown visit. www.iamkohchang.com you will find everything you need to know about the island on this site

ENJOY...I am dead jealous :o

The iamkohchang website has a lot of useful information and links.

I visited for the first time a couple of weeks a go and spent 3 days on Khlong Phrao Beach, found this beach very disappointing and White Sands was just as bad, no white sand to be seen, very narrow strip of beach and not at all like Chaweng - but it was 20 years ago I was there, but guess the sand is still the same.

Accommodation is generally expensive, but you can get beach bum type places still. The high light was a great 'fireshow' on the beach at Baracuda bar (on Khlong Phrao), unfortunately Panviman Resort, next along, has now bought the land it sits on, so another dull but adequate resort will replace an interesting restaurant :-(

Patrick

i was there aBOUT 6 MONTHS AGO JENS and development is really cranking up my friend.

new buildings and bungalows going up everywhere but still a notch down from samui.

they'll stop building when they run out of room i suppose. :D

the story's the same mate as tourists just flooding in everywhere AND WHITESANDS FULL OF package tourists.

when you get back in country go and have a gander mate and you'll see what im saying.

cheers granddad. :o

I've seen and visited most islands here in the Kingdom and must say that Chang is the nicest.

When you're single and looking for a good, free of charge, goodtime I would recommend Samet.

Chang is a lovely island and White Sand Beach is just great. Try to go during the off-season though! Half prices and great Kai Yang!

An alternative for Thailand, and please keep it to yourself, would be Pulau Perhentian. Paradise on earth! Fly to Kota Bahru (30 km from the Thai border) and follow your senses!

Excellent and a million times more beautiful than any island in Thailand.

Koh Chang was ther in august for the first time and am going back in december.hired a bike it was 200 baht per day all in.went to Kaibee and saw them for 150 baht.

stayed at koh chang resort and spa at phrao and found the beach as good as anywhere.