Helping a Thai to start an e-commerce business

Everything is finally (almost) in place, but the incompetence and inefficiency from banks, lawyers, government and other instances in Thailand is just killing me.

What took me just 1 morning in Hong Kong has taken over 3 weeks and lots of wasted time in Thailand. Nobody knows anything, or they pretend they do to save face, bullshitting their way out of it. Especially the banks, their staff are so stupid.... major <deleted> and lots of wasted time.

Also can anyone tell me what the deal is with the limitation on international transfers from Thailand? For every payment one has to go to a bank branch with a freaking invoice.

Also a FCD account cannot be accessed through internet banking, LOL.

Has this always been the case or since the junta took over?

Another bummer, just confirmed by kasikorn that an international transfer made FROM a FCD euro-account is not possible.

So, no internetbanking and no international transfer from a FCD euro-account.

+ Having to show an invoice or something similar for every international transfer made form THB account + wait a few days for approval from the bank of Thailand.

This is getting ridiculous.

How do you guys do international business from Thailand? It's so entrepreneurial unfriendly.

Edited by PocoLoco

My friend wants to sell a few products from a certain Thai brand in his international e-commerce shop, nice opportunity for the brand to make themselves a bit more visible international i would say.... but ofcourse nothing goes easy in Thailand.

They have a resale/wholesale program.

Can you give a wholesale pricelist?

- "No have, too many SKU. Just go to shop and calculate 10% under store price."

rolleyes.gif (We are talking about 2000+ products)

ok...we also need product photo's, can you give some high quality product photo's?

- "No have"

ermm.gif

Ok..... we can take the photo's ourselves, can we bring some sample products back home, take photo's and then return the products to you?

- "No have sample products"

Ehm... can we take photo's in your shop then, or perhaps before or after closing time? We can schedule with the storemanager

- "No allow photo in shop"

Ehmm.. How can we catalog your products then?

- "You need to buy product and take photo yourself"

We are not going to buy hundreds of products without first measuring interest from clients.

- "................... No can help sir"

crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

I've noticed that a lot of sales staff is like that. From now on only the salesmanager or someone higher up the chain will be contacted. I've read a few other stories on Thaivisa about lazy and stupid salesstaff, but i didn't know it was this bad!

Edited by PocoLoco