British grandad locked up in Thailand claims he was beaten, robbed and sexually abused in jail

webfact

I think this account holds some truth to it. In prison, inmates run what happens inside and guards only watch and, as in this case, the guards perhaps are as evil as the inmates.. What bother me so about this is that this guy is probably in jail just because he is a foreigner. I have read so many instances where death has occurred due to negligent driving yet, the Thai never seems to go to prison for it. A good example is this recent case where the guy drove 200 kph and crashed into the back of a car killing to students. I don't see him even looking at a charge for their deaths, only his bad driving. Pathetic to see double standards across the board with foreigners and Thai.

Foreigners who live here should integrate more then they would know the way to avoid jail.

Complain about double standards. Do you speak fluent Thai? Do you know the way the system works? I do but to be fair, I've been here most my life.

Coming to live in a country, associating only with other foreigners, not giving a **** about learning the language etc and you deserve to be treated like 2nd class citizens as that is what you are.

Sorry, but that just ain"t so.

Nothing difficult about not ending up in trouble. Just don't get into strife with Thais, don't buy property, don't "stand up" to Thai troublemakers- just walk away, don't say anything about the monarchy, pay your bills etc etc.

Unfortunately, the unexpected can end up in tears and no amount of experience or language skills will fix it. Had the other guy that drove his m'bike into me been injured or dead, I wouldn't be writing this, even though it wasn't my fault. It's for that reason I won't drive the car intertcity without the beloved with me- too much chance of injuring or killing someone on the road, no matter how cautiously I drive. If one doesn't know that, they either don't drive in LOS or they've never left the expressway.

BTW I don't associate only with farangs- there aren't any where I live smile.png .

PS. Some of us aren't capable of learning more than bar Thai- just started too late in life.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's for that reason I won't drive the car intertcity without the beloved with me- too much chance of injuring or killing someone on the road, no matter how cautiously I drive. If one doesn't know that, they either don't drive in LOS or they've never left the expressway.

What does your beloved do for you that makes you immune from crashing or killing someone while driving in the intercity?

Or will she jump in the driver's seat when you do crash and maybe kill someone?

Edited by D3030

It's for that reason I won't drive the car intertcity without the beloved with me- too much chance of injuring or killing someone on the road, no matter how cautiously I drive. If one doesn't know that, they either don't drive in LOS or they've never left the expressway.

What does your beloved do for you that makes you immune from crashing or killing someone while driving in the intercity?

You have attributed my reply to someone else.

She doesn't make me immune, but she can explain that it wasn't my fault the 6 kids on a m'bike pulled out without looking when I was doing 80kph on a narrow rural road.

If I was on my own they might beat me to death with sticks, but perhaps not if she spoke with them.

What do others do if they can't speak Thai fluently?

You have attributed my reply to someone else.

She doesn't make me immune, but she can explain that it wasn't my fault the 6 kids on a m'bike pulled out without looking when I was doing 80kph on a narrow rural road.

If I was on my own they might beat me to death with sticks, but perhaps not if she spoke with them.

What do others do if they can't speak Thai fluently?

Not drive?

I would think the kids that pulled out in front of you, if they thought it was your fault, they'd just beat both of you up..

But I do understand... I prefer my significant other with me when I drive..

In the truck or motorbike, the times I had to stop and speak to the police, she does her flirting crap..

When her very attractive sister comes, even better, it's like I'm not even there..

Ends the same with the cops smiling and I drive away..

Have yet to have an accident, with or without TGF..

But I'm sure it will eventually happen..

If driving alone, will just see what happens..

• 1 year later...
On 02/05/2016 at 6:22 AM, colinneil said:

I do not believe 1 word of this.

I have been in a Thai prison, and i was treated with the greatest of respect.

Staff and prisoners went out of their way to help me.

He did wrong and is trying to disguise what he did with lies.

Dave's biggest crime was being stupid enough to voluntarily report to the police after he was discharged from hospital. Something that, with a little bit better knowledge of this country's legal vagaries, one would definitely not do! Can't imagine even the pigs in uniform wanting to sexually abuse a bloke this age. Otherwise some definite arse covering required!!

On 5/2/2016 at 1:52 AM, berybert said:

If he was 18 I might believe he was sexually abused, but 68 really ?

Strip searched and he explains it as sexual assault. 
I don't know what you were thinking of but that was the first thing that came to mind.

What actual is the situation on this guy?

Edited by Bastos60

On 5/10/2016 at 5:20 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Sorry, but that just ain"t so.

Nothing difficult about not ending up in trouble. Just don't get into strife with Thais, don't buy property, don't "stand up" to Thai troublemakers- just walk away, don't say anything about the monarchy, pay your bills etc etc.

Unfortunately, the unexpected can end up in tears and no amount of experience or language skills will fix it. Had the other guy that drove his m'bike into me been injured or dead, I wouldn't be writing this, even though it wasn't my fault. It's for that reason I won't drive the car intertcity without the beloved with me- too much chance of injuring or killing someone on the road, no matter how cautiously I drive. If one doesn't know that, they either don't drive in LOS or they've never left the expressway.

BTW I don't associate only with farangs- there aren't any where I live smile.png .

PS. Some of us aren't capable of learning more than bar Thai- just started too late in life.

Here here. exactly right.

1 hour ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Here here. exactly right.

Which bit is right? Thats the reason I do drive inter city with out the beloved....I'd be in all sorts of trouble with the mia noi if I took the Mrs along..

On 5/2/2016 at 0:22 AM, colinneil said:

I do not believe 1 word of this.

I have been in a Thai prison, and i was treated with the greatest of respect.

Staff and prisoners went out of their way to help me.

He did wrong and is trying to disguise what he did with lies.

In a wheelchair colin?  I'm not saying what you're saying is wrong, but most people in the world including Thais will respect/leave alone a disabled guy more than they would your average guy.

On 2016-05-02 at 1:07 AM, uthaithanirules said:

I'd expect that's the kind of thing that happens in thai jail.

There has to be a deterrent do most of the population other than just the term of the sentence.

I suspect the suicide/ murder rate especially somewhere like Bang Kwang a lot higher than will ever be publically known.

When people scream foul of a light sentence given to some crimes, I think the Thais know even a 5 year sentence can actually be a death sentence

That kind of thing happens in all jails in all countries. Why try to make Thailand so special in that case?

Inflammatory posts and replies have been removed.  

As this is a resurrection of a 13 month old topic, replies to old posts are not likely to be answered due to posters being inactive since then, this is now closed.