Warning about the Thai consulate in Ho Chi Minh city

wai.gif Last month i went to the Thai consulate in Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam.

According to the schedule the consulate was to be open on the 10th of April.....and i planned to get a 60 day Single Entry tourist Visa there.

however, it turned out that alfough the 1oth of april was NOT a thai holiday, it was in fact a Vietnemese holiday and the Thai consulate was also closed on that day.

M,y fault, as i was not paying attention, and came back to tThiland on the 19th of April (after Songkran was finished0 on a 30 day visa exempt entry on my U.S. passport.

But i just want to warn people using the Thai consulate in Ho Chi minh city to VERIFY that they will be open on the day you plan to apply for a visa from them as they will take not on;y take thai holidays but Vienemse holidays off.

it happened to me, so be careful.

• Like 1

Standard for embassies and consulates world wide. It's a good job, nice salary and bennies plus double holidays.

That is not really correct. If you look at most embassy and consulate holiday schedules they do not always observe all the Thai holidays. They balance it out between local and Thai holidays.

Standard for embassies and consulates world wide. It's a good job, nice salary and bennies plus double holidays.

That is not really correct. If you look at most embassy and consulate holiday schedules they do not always observe all the Thai holidays. They balance it out between local and Thai holidays.

I would certainly concur with the OP that on either nations' holidays checking whether open would be advisable.

I've been caught.

I only learn things the hard way.

It's a good job, nice salary and bennies plus 1.5 times the holidays.

It is definitely not standard for Canadian Embassies. The Embassy/High Commissioner can decide what days to allocate to the statutory holidays and he/she could choose either local holidays or Canadian statutory holidays - but the total may not exceed the standard for the Canadian civil service in total days.

Edited by bkkcanuck8

Hello everybody!

Could anyone say we location of Thai Embassy in Ho Shi minh, please?

Googlemaps shows a location and there is a sing that it is closed

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Royal+Thai+Consulate-General+In+HCM+City/@10.7816905,106.68789,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x6f723ba77a44f43c!8m2!3d10.7817907!4d106.6877104

On thai embassy web site I cannot find information that it is closed or moved, but address which is mentioned on their web site is different

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/125%2F77+Tr%E1%BA%A7n+Qu%E1%BB%91c+Th%E1%BA%A3o,+ph%C6%B0%E1%BB%9Dng+14,+Qu%E1%BA%ADn+3,+H%E1%BB%93+Ch%C3%AD+Minh,+Vietnam/@10.7838759,106.6843181,18z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x31752f2c139b97f5:0xfb8a32d3046dec26!8m2!3d10.7858009!4d106.6832331

Thank you.

i am in HCMC now...i wonder if i will have trouble getting a 2nd visa there.

I have no idea. It depends on

1. What visa you are wanting

2. If you qualify for what you are seeking

3. How many visas you have already had from HCMC.