Sorry For The Same Questions!

Ok here goes. I'm planning on marrying my thai girlfriend of 3 years

at the end of the month (No I don't need my head read). We have all the requirements ready;

my passport (uk)

her id card

money in thai bank

letters and emails over the last 3 years

affirmation letter from uk embassy

I'm still confused on where to go in Bangkok, and whether this

will take a day 2 or a week?

After we are married I have to go back to the Uk for a couple of months to see family and friends who I hav'nt seen for over a year. While I'm there I want to apply for a marriage visa. This should be around mid june. I will send to the consulate;

my passport

copy of wifes id card

marriage certificate in thai and english

copy statment or copy thai bank book with 200k

Personal letter saying??? (do I need to do this)

Is this correct?

Is there anything else I should send? Does my age matter? (Age 28)

Your advice and knowledge will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the re-posts on these subjects but we want to get everything

straight so we don't have any hidden suprises.

Thanks again..

Noodles

I think from reading your post,You want to get married the end of the month.

if that is correct you will need the letter from your embassy[which I think you have] saying you are free to marry.

Her Thai ID card and she will need an address verification from the landlord or her house book or something.

Your passport with visa,,and then go to the AMPHUR where she lives,she will know where it is, and you go in,tell them you want to marry each other and that should be all there is to it,,when we got married it was about 15 minutes in the amphur and she got photographed for her new thai ID card and we left there married.

The other stuff you got should be fine for her UK marrage visa,I really don't know what is required but I have heard and you have all you need,but you will not need your bank acct. for any of what you are planning,,only thing you need it for is your Thai visa to stay here. GOOD LUCK

if that is correct you will need the letter from your embassy[which I think you have] saying you are free to marry.

Her Thai ID card and she will need an address verification from the landlord or her house book or something.

Your passport with visa,,and then go to the AMPHUR where she lives,she will know where it is, and you go in,tell them you want to marry each other and that should be all there is to it,,when we got married it was about 15 minutes in the amphur and she got photographed for her new thai ID card and we left there married.

Before you go to the Amphur, you have to take the documents, including a translation of the letter from your Embassy, to Ministry of Foreign Affairs to get them "legalized". This is the part that causes the confusion on how long it takes to get married. In our case, and we had a service do all this, it took 3 days, but we were not in a big hurry. You can use any Amphur, it does not have to be her home.

TH

Ok here goes. I'm planning on marrying my thai girlfriend of 3 years

at the end of the month (No I don't need my head read). We have all the requirements ready;

my passport (uk)

her id card

money in thai bank

letters and emails over the last 3 years

affirmation letter from uk embassy

I'm still confused on where to go in Bangkok, and whether this

will take a day 2 or a week?

After we are married I have to go back to the Uk for a couple of months to see family and friends who I hav'nt seen for over a year. While I'm there I want to apply for a marriage visa. This should be around mid june. I will send to the consulate;

my passport

copy of wifes id card

marriage certificate in thai and english

copy statment or copy thai bank book with 200k

Personal letter saying??? (do I need to do this)

Is this correct?

Is there anything else I should send? Does my age matter? (Age 28)

Your advice and knowledge will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the re-posts on these subjects but we want to get everything

straight so we don't have any hidden suprises.

Thanks again..

Noodles

What is your present visa status in Thailand ?

You can marry at any District Office in Thailand but if in Bangkok recommend Bang Rak as they marry most foreigners and are used to it. If done elsewhere you will probably need someone who can speak both English/Thai to translate paperwork for you (unless you read and understand Thai well). You need your passport and paper from your Embassy that you are fit to marry that has been translated and registered with MFA. That process usually takes one to three days depending on what you are willing to spend.

There is no such thing as a marriage visa. You can obtain a non immigrant visa class O based on marriage by showing marriage certificate/wifes id card and paying fee at an overseas Consulate to allow a visit of up to 90 days. After you use that visa to enter Thailand your stay can be extended if you qualify (age matters - you can not use bank deposit if under 50) but you might qualify for 9 month extension for job search.

Please download this PDF file for current rules as posted at Thaiimmigration.com

It was also said to someone else at Thai immigration that your degree will matter as well if you plan to stay in Thailand. To extend your visa for a job search you will need a university degree (legalized if possible). The point is that below 50 you need to work to support your thai wife and without a university degree it's not likely that you'll get a work permit there. If you plan to go back with her to your home country this is not necessary.

Thanks for all your comments. I am on a tourist visa at the moment (double entry).

I don't think it will be a problem getting a visa when I return to the uk,

but when I have to extend it here things may get difficult. I do not have

an income in the uk, but my girlfriend and I run a small bar/cafe here.

Maybe I have to set up a thai company to get a work permit?

Thanks again