Rented Wife

tk47

fair enough.

It is along the lines I thought of but wasn't certain.

Helps explain a few things.

Apologies for being ambiguous.

No Thx Nawtilus.... I think I have enough on my plate at the moment..... but it was nice of you to offer :o

I love the English language.

v., rent (r?nt) or rend·ed, rend·ing, rends.

v.tr.

To tear or split apart or into pieces violently. See synonyms at tear1.

To tear (one's garments or hair) in anguish or rage.

To tear away forcibly; wrest.

To pull, split, or divide as if by tearing: “Chip was rent between the impulse to laugh wildly and a bitterness that threatened hot tears” (Louis Auchincloss).

To pierce or disturb with sound: a scream rent the silence.

To cause pain or distress to: tales that rend the heart.

v.intr.

To become torn or split; come apart.

[Middle English renden, from Old English rendan.]

So, a rented wife is usually just for Christmas :o:D

I heard this term years ago to describe the temporary wife, เมียเช่า, of expats here on a contract. She would live with and take care of the expat for as long as the contract lasted, so she wasn't a one night stand or a gig, she was, or is, a full time wife- but temporary.

Both parties know that, hence the term.

I suppose now that people in the West signed pre-nuptials agreements it's a similar sort of thing. I bet Paul McCartney regrets not having taken on a 'rented' wife.

Yes, there are many terms that Farangs use for Thai women, I specify Thai women as opposed to women in their own countries.

In their own countries they can rarely get close enough to them, so most terms are derogatory, like fat , ugly, mouthy, bitchy, scruffy etc etc....

Then all of a sudden, they are transformed into some kind of sex gods when hitting the shores of 3rd world South East Asian countries, the fact that they are paying goes over their heads.

Oh , nearly forgot, Thai Visa forum members don't pay for women, they all met their partners at the gates of the University or at the local library, and the local women where just bowled over by the fat guts and spindly white legs, grey hair and bad breath.

Must be great to be so desirable. :o

Oh , nearly forgot, Thai Visa forum members don't pay for women, they all met their partners at the gates of the University or at the local library, and the local women where just bowled over by the fat guts and spindly white legs, grey hair and bad breath.

Don't forget the racoon on top of your head .... that's a must have, sexy feature :o