Anyone Got Zyxel 630 Working With Mac?

scratt

Hello...

I am trying to get my Zyxel modem, suppied by True and listed as compatible to work with my Macintosh.

I am currently using OS X 10.3.3 and have tried installing the latest drivers from Zyxel.. but the modem just does not show up anywhere other then System Diagnositcs..

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Scratt :o

Yo!

Looks like a lot of people have looked at this but no one has replied...

So maybe loads of people have the same problem...

I have ditched my Zyxel and went to Pantip today...

You can pick up single port routers for about 1800 Baht.

I got a 4 port router for 2900 Baht...

Totally platform independant, as I am sure you all know.

Configured the whole thing in five minutes through the browser...

Fantastic... online surfing now at silly speeds!

Whee... :o

Anyone want to buy a 4 day old Zyxel ADSL 630-11 Modem.

In the True box... work great with PCs but not with Macs!!

Cost 2000 new... will sell for 1200... Not bad eh!!

scratt, I' fixing to upgrade my computer to an AMD with XP and want to also go with the least expensive (750 baht) fast connection from TA and need to know if I could or would need your modem. I'm on dialup with TA and my modem is working fine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I am trying to get my Zyxel modem, suppied by True and listed as compatible to work with my Macintosh.

Listed where as usable on Mac? Not on my box it isn't. Not in my manual it isn't. And from your experience it seems it isn't. Glad to hear that you found a solution. :o

Kringle; you can buy and use it. You will need a modem to use ADSL as the dial up is just for dial up.

Will add this for any future TRUE customers as the basic info is not too complete:

The server to use for email is: classic.asianet.co.th

The user is your email name only (will not work with "@asianet.co.th" included) and password is the one assigned for 'trueadsl'

Hi Kringle,

Yes it will work fine for you... If it doesn't your money back!! Now there's something you don't hear in Thailand EVER!!!

You will need to call TA and get them to check your line is ok for ADSL and to have them turn it on. It takes about 4 days. Well it did for me, anyway!

As for you lopburi!!! Thhhhrrr!! :D Check out the Zyxel site... up until recently it was fully supported on Mac... I have three generations of drivers on my machine downloaded from their site.. I checked very carefully before I bought it... It is just a quirk / bug in OS X 10.3 on the Mac that means it will not work... and I have not got the time to worry about what happens when us Mac users get 10.4 etc. etc..

All the best,

scratt :o

• 9 months later...

Dude, have you try google search? is this work with you?

http://www.network-drivers.com/drivers/207/207022.htm there is more, search it there

Hello...

I am currently using OS X 10.3.3 and have tried installing the latest drivers from Zyxel.. but the modem just does not show up anywhere other then System Diagnositcs..

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Scratt :o

There's a similar post on another thread. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=26696

Look at the Bangkok Post links on that, especially the bottom of the one about the IPOD which basically suggests that if you're using a Mac and MUST go USB, get the Billion modem, not the Zyxel one. (but if you have a spare network port, you're better off with a router.)