Suspected Killers of Disabled Man Related to Police

webfact

Suspected Killers of Disabled Man Related to Police
By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee
Staff Reporter

14622589621462258985l.jpg
Somkiat Srichan being attacked by six men Sunday morning at Chokchai Soi 4 in Ladprao district

BANGKOK — Four of the six men accused of attacking and killing a disabled man on Sunday morning outside a bakery at Chokchai Soi 4 are related to police officers.

Brothers Arin and Theerapol Yodponganan, 2o and 21 respectively, Monmanat Sangpho, 22, and 19-year-old Mek Polkraisorn were said at a press conference Monday afternoon to be sons of police officers. The four were among six arrested for stabbing and beating to death Somkiat Srichan, a 36-year-old bakery worker, around 8:30am Sunday.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1462258962

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-05-03

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very disconcerting when officials talk about giving "fair treatment" for people who are unequivocally implicated in the brutal murder of a disabled man.

I smell another fix up / cover up in the making. Disgraceful

Said they were drunk so I guess a "Sorry" an Wei and Bht 1000 they will be out. They need to get the death penalty each of them. There is no reason to take being drunk as an excuse, they had lethal weapons on their person. You do not have such items with you unless you intend to do real harm to a person or persons. Charges should be Murder and for the woman inciting murder and accomplice to murder. Again for her life in prison no parole

Sad to say, but we know the thai justice system. These boys will never see a cell. This country has no rule of law. It's lawless unless your rich or connected.

I love Thailand it's like living living in a movie. and I'm part of the movie...

Edited by joeyg

They should arrest the girlfriend of one of the suspects as she was heard to be inciting the violence and urging them to kill this poor chap. Such wickedness must not go unpunished.

...always an excuse....

...or deflect the blame....

...or outright sidestep the law.....

...which is it going to be......???

...as for the victim's family....

...I just went through the legal system.....really...if you are a nobody.....or don't have money to pave the way....expect nothing in the end....

...and the half-dozen savages that killed him....

...not enough to taunt and bully and insult and ridicule and torment a handicapped individual....to show what real men they are....

....gang up and butcher him....

...and now they are only 'suspected'......???

...it seems too obvious where this is going......

Ah, so that's why they fired into the air...

when they arrived at the scene and this assault was in progress the victim may still have been alive, the police should have made every attempt to stop the assault including using deadly force

Ah, so that's why they fired into the air...

when they arrived at the scene and this assault was in progress the victim may still have been alive, the police should have made every attempt to stop the assault including using deadly force

Agreed.

Makes you wonder what else they have done - this was unlikely not their first rodeo ....... just the first time they have been caught.

And where is the murder charge? I suspect the below is a lesser charge?

The six suspects were charged with assault resulting in death and possession of knives in public without permission. The unidentified woman was charged with instigating violence.

Said they were drunk so I guess a "Sorry" an Wei and Bht 1000 they will be out. They need to get the death penalty each of them. There is no reason to take being drunk as an excuse, they had lethal weapons on their person. You do not have such items with you unless you intend to do real harm to a person or persons. Charges should be Murder and for the woman inciting murder and accomplice to murder. Again for her life in prison no parole

Like in the old days, public hanging.

As much as i hate to say it....... we all know how this is going to end

it started out as killers now its only suspected killers Gives you a clue already

nothing!!!!!! gradually disappearing into the mists ..... sorry, wais, i was drunk, i heard voices,..... lets go and become monks, bail , good boys, etc etc etc

They will walk free!

RIP to the guy

Sons of police officers..... I see a defense tactic here: we were raised by law enforcement officers and witnessed first hand all our lives that laws don't matter here, that those in power and/or police are a law unto themselves. We are the victims!

"What do you say, Somchai? The part of the CCTV that shows the killing has been deleted by accident? And we have 2 Burmese migrant- workers, who confessed everything? Thank Buddha for that! Now we don't need the CCTV- tape..."

Sons of police officers..... I see a defense tactic here: we were raised by law enforcement officers and witnessed first hand all our lives that laws don't matter here, that those in power and/or police are a law unto themselves. We are the victims!

Or in the alternative: 4 related to the police, 2 not. See some potential evidence about culpability/roles in that equation?