Cambodia living long-term on a boat (and in Thailand)

Hello,

Somebody asked about living on a boat in Thailand forum, so I now ask in Cambodia forum:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/901333-living-long-term-on-a-boat-in-thailand-or-cambodia

Do you have any experience in Cambodia ? It seems a lot easier than in Thailand as not respecting the stupid rules there is a lot cheaper than in Thailand.

Thanks for feedback.

There is no way in hell I'd live on a boat in Cambodia.

I've had a room with a steel door, and I would still see little hands trying to open my curtains at night to see what they could hook with a stick.

One morning my shorts were below my window, but the kind thief left my wallet and cards (it never had money in it).

You will be robbed.

I would happily consider living on a boat in Thailand because meeting those "expensive rules" brings a certain amount of safety. I'd rather have my body coated in honey and have it chewed off by an angry brown bear than live in a boat in Cambodia. Optimistically, you would be guaranteed to have it burgled while you slept. Pessimistically, you might wake up during that scenario and then there's plenty of sea around you to dump your body in.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived