Brutal Hua Hin attack: Bashed British couple fly home on Tuesday

webfact

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hope the media and social media will continue to track such stories - just like they did with the Koh Tao Case. We need to know what punishment these people eventually receive. Anything less than substantial jail sentences would just serve to make a double travesty. If the media spotlight continues to focus on such cases, then we might actually contribute to making a difference here. This country cannot hide away all of its' inadequacies any more because social media helps to bring these stories out. When the Courts start to issue punishments that bear some correlation to the crimes committed - on a consistent basis, then maybe we will some some improvements. However, no progress can ever be expected to be made whilst ever the Police / Courts accept apologies and remorse on the grounds of being intoxicated with some sort of substance and issuing 500 Bht Fines as some sort of closure. Accepting apologies with 10 year prison sentences would be a reasonable starting position for most of these particular perps, - with an attempted murder charge for the piece of trash that delivered the knock out kick to the old lady whilst she was already on the floor. This hard line approach should be led from the top for Thailand - and applicable to anyone and everyone who commits crime here - all treated equally, natives or foreigners !!

Has anyone pickedup on her comment,"a lei-selling boy who launched a campaign to raise fund to pay for the medical bills for the couple by selling his leis. But so far the boy has not been located, she added". Clearly another scam sadly!wai2.gif

On such an disturbing topic.... I laughed my ass off, when I saw that line... "But so far the boy has not been located"

i sincerely hope that the Owens have a full recovery, both physically and mentally, and that the bully boys get their just deserves (which I doubt)... But... You gotta laugh when you read such things.

The court date will be set so far in the future that this whole incident will be water under the bridge when it finally comes to past, and no local news agency will follow-up on the court case anyway. This will be buried, and none too soon for the likes of Thai officialdom.

Many suggest insurance company should pay for the medical bills. I beg to differ. The perps should pay. If I willfully and maliciously destroy another persons property, should my insurance cover that? I don't think so. The property in this case was the bodies of victims. Insurance should be there to pay the bills and get them out of hospital, but those who cause the damage should be forced to pay that sum back to insurance company.

I'm thinking the government will pay the hospital bills out of the TAT budget in order to bury this issue as deeply and quickly as possible. Now, will we hear anything from the British tabloids? That will be the litmus test of exactly how deep of a hole was dug on this side of the hemisphere. We'll know in a couple of days.......

If they are having to pick up there medical bills that's a crime on its own... The authorities should have picked the bill up if only as a goodwill gesture... Regardless of who did what and when there is no justification for the level of violence shown in this attack.. And once again the big issue being the damage to Thai tourism and the country...The General could have done himself some big favours by coming out and deploring this incident! and insisting the perps are punished correctly.

I agree that TAT or = should pay the medical bills if no insurance cover was effected. Bangkok hospital have also missed out on some goodwill advertising by waiving or at least reducing their (usually outrageously high) fees.

Case Closed... under the carpet it goes.... SOS

hardly been brushed under the carpet has it, its been on the news and media around the world, they looked for the guys, they arrested them and went to court... I'm pretty sure thats how things go with this type of thing anywhere.

what more do you think should happen?

only thing thats been brushed under the carpet is that they were the ones that escalated the whole thing.

i expect they well sell their story to the uk tabloids and it will be front page of the trusted and truthful SUN.

Frank asks, "what more do you think should happen?"

If you ask me (I've had a third of a century experience with Thailand), the suspects should not have been granted bail. The British victims should be able to give evidence by video, instead of having to travel all the way back for the trial - a bummer of a trip. Additionally, if found guilty, the attackers should be given maximum sentences with no possible lessening. And yes, hospital expenses should have been paid by perps, even if it meant confiscating/selling their motorbikes and cell phones (they all have them).

why did you feel the need to increase the font?.. to make it look more aggressive?( I've seen your koh tao posts) you are forgetting that the tourists threw the first slaps/punches..or are you completely denying that? so the reasonable outcome is...police got the guys, they publicly apologised, they will go to court and will be dealt with in accordance to thai laws...if you don't like it..well tough..its thaialnd and thai laws....go back to your home country if thailand is that bad...or do you accept the lax laws when it suits you?

If they are having to pick up there medical bills that's a crime on its own... The authorities should have picked the bill up if only as a goodwill gesture... Regardless of who did what and when there is no justification for the level of violence shown in this attack.. And once again the big issue being the damage to Thai tourism and the country...The General could have done himself some big favours by coming out and deploring this incident! and insisting the perps are punished correctly.

I agree that TAT or = should pay the medical bills if no insurance cover was effected. Bangkok hospital have also missed out on some goodwill advertising by waiving or at least reducing their (usually outrageously high) fees.

This may have been the lei seller.

i wonder how many thousands pounds, the british couple have to fork out at the hospitals?

and how many they wouldn't have if they had just walked away..if the son didnt FIRST push they guy, she didnt slap the guy FIRST, son didnt grab the guy in a head lock FIRST, dad didnt punch the guy FIRST.....but forget about all that!!, yeah, OTT what happened after..but lets just forget the first part aye.....

Thais pay bills from foreigners, have never happened in this century and it's not gone happen in the next. They got a bucket of flower instead, worth 50 bath.

Edited by bander

i wonder how many thousands pounds, the british couple have to fork out at the hospitals?

and how many they wouldn't have if they had just walked away..if the son didnt FIRST push they guy, she didnt slap the guy FIRST, son didnt grab the guy in a head lock FIRST, dad didnt punch the guy FIRST.....but forget about all that!!, yeah, OTT what happened after..but lets just forget the first part aye.....

Yes, blame the victims, Thais never start a fight or kills foreigners. It's always tourists who throw the first punch.

(...)

If any of you folks is truly are concerned, please contact

Rights and Liberties Protection Department, Ministry of Justice

(...)

"Ministry" and "Rights and Liberties" really sound like an oxymoron in the current political context...

Edited by Lannig

The incredible vanishing lei seller boy....gimme a frikkin break

These guys just cant suck it up and say an unconditional sorry....still trying to put in a plug that distracts from the disgraceful behaviour of their countrymen.

The incredible vanishing lei seller boy....gimme a frikkin break

These guys just cant suck it up and say an unconditional sorry....still trying to put in a plug that distracts from the disgraceful behaviour of their countrymen.

The little Somchai probably pissed off with the money as well.

I do hope the media and social media will continue to track such stories - just like they did with the Koh Tao Case. We need to know what punishment these people eventually receive. Anything less than substantial jail sentences would just serve to make a double travesty. If the media spotlight continues to focus on such cases, then we might actually contribute to making a difference here. This country cannot hide away all of its' inadequacies any more because social media helps to bring these stories out. When the Courts start to issue punishments that bear some correlation to the crimes committed - on a consistent basis, then maybe we will some some improvements. However, no progress can ever be expected to be made whilst ever the Police / Courts accept apologies and remorse on the grounds of being intoxicated with some sort of substance and issuing 500 Bht Fines as some sort of closure. Accepting apologies with 10 year prison sentences would be a reasonable starting position for most of these particular perps, - with an attempted murder charge for the piece of trash that delivered the knock out kick to the old lady whilst she was already on the floor. This hard line approach should be led from the top for Thailand - and applicable to anyone and everyone who commits crime here - all treated equally, natives or foreigners !!

Well said. The sad thing is that what you call a hard line approach is just basic rule of law back home.

I often criticize prosecutorial overcharging, but attempted murder wouldn't be overcharging in this case.

The trouble making Brits are on their way home....

I am telling you .......All those elderly British couples on holiday are the worst ever trouble makers....lol

Just kidding folks.

Why are we not hearing from the media about who exactly paid the hospital bills.

I hope they had travel insurance or medical insurance but then again the insurance company would probably flatly refuse to pay because of the nature of the incident that resulted in their hospitalization and administered medical care.

Geez...in near every other country someone or some entity would have quickly stepped up to pay the medical expenses including the hospital and show good will.

Yes sir ....Yes sir indeed....Thailand disappoints us again.

Somebody please..... renew our faith in Thailand and Thai people.

Cheers

Yes and they will probably tell the truth in the pub how they started all the trouble. I can't believe everyone has not studded the video and seen all the tourist strike the thais first. Son pushed thai man out of the way. Mom then slapped thai man in the face.Dad then sucker punched thai man while he was being held. I have no sympathy for these people there a dicrase to the UK.

I have heard some nasty language out of

The mouths of some old drunk women that

Would embarrass a sailor on leave, I wish

I knew what she said

If you study the video carefully and lip read well it looks something like this: adael fy mab feddw ​​ei ben ei hun i chi bastardiaid .

A lei-selling boy with most likely barely two satang coins to rub together was allegedly the only one in Thailand about to pick up the medical bill tab? Aside from what should be acting upon the higher values of compassion and goodwill, have the authorities considered that failing to provide compensation in this internationally media covered crime will be untold times more costly in terms of additional lost tourism revenue and reputation?

Yes and they will probably tell the truth in the pub how they started all the trouble. I can't believe everyone has not studded the video and seen all the tourist strike the thais first. Son pushed thai man out of the way. Mom then slapped thai man in the face.Dad then sucker punched thai man while he was being held. I have no sympathy for these people there a dicrase to the UK.

Actually Catman.....If you study the video very carefully and repeatedly, concerning that particular initial contact segment of the CCTV video, you will clearly see the Thai man was more or less stumbling after another Thai man that he had just previously been arguing with or looks to be arguing with and seen in the CCTV video

The Drunken Thai man is more or less following after his friend and slightly stumbling about with a large size bottle of alcohol in hand and clearly drunk and seen moving away from the camera and travelling slightly off to the right as if to cross the narrow Soi "diagonally" while the British man is walking straight head and forward towards the camera and walking steady..... and then they cross paths....while no one really bumped into anyone rather the British man is seen shifting his body slightly to his left and changing his direction slightly to the right and actually extending his hand and arm out in a manner to steady the drunk Thai man stumbling across his path.

The British mans forearm and finally his hand brushes across the drunk Thai mans lower chest and upper abdomen and trails off the drunken mans body in a manner that you can more or less see the British man was about to catch or steady the stumbling drunk Thai man as if he was saying : "Whoa ..steady there mate".......but realized the man was OK and they both slipped by one another.

There was no body to body collision of any significance at all.

If you look closely you see the drunk Thai man suddenly stop and look as though someone was trying to rob him or steal his bottle of booze as the British mans hand trails off his body while touching the Thai man very lightly, as in brushing past him finally.

The Thai man looks confused for about 1 /2 a second to 1 second and then reacts.

Watch the video closely, while there are a few videos showing that 2 second segment over and over again and you can see there was no body to body hard collision or impact while the British man did not shove or bump into the drunk Thai guy rather the drunk Thai man stumbled across the British mans path.

They almost collided but the British guy was aware while the Thai guy was unaware of a body to body collision about to happen.

However the Thai man definitely and deliberately did shove the British man and from behind.

Besides the whole Idea of CCTV camera recording is based on being able to clearly see what actually happened, rather than any given persons interpretation as the video does not interpret ...only shows exactly what happened, split second by split second, if need be, and can not be denied while used as proof to expose people giving false testimony in court or explaining their interpretation of the events that unfolded....and proven wrong by the video.

It is history now...but forever on CCTV and posted a million times, clearly showing what transpired from beginning to end.

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

What a load of <deleted> posted on here. This was a 60 yo couple who got mercilessly beaten, the kick to the head of the elderly lady was the nearest thing I have seen to an "act of murder" and the thug, brain dead assailant should be put away for years..... Won't happen.

There is a small issue, and that is should an elderly couple from a foreign country be trolling the dirty nightlife of Hua Hin so late at night ?

What a load of <deleted> posted on here. This was a 60 yo couple who got mercilessly beaten, the kick to the head of the elderly lady was the nearest thing I have seen to an "act of murder" and the thug, brain dead assailant should be put away for years..... Won't happen.

There is a small issue, and that is should an elderly couple from a foreign country be trolling the dirty nightlife of Hua Hin so late at night ?