Krabi man shot dead over debt, relatives claim

webfact

Krabi man shot dead over debt, relatives claim

KRABI:-- A man went to his friend's house after an argument over money escalated on the Line app - and shot him dead, it has been claimed.

Police in the Klong Tom area of Krabi in southern Thailand are searching for Somyot Duangai, 20, who relatives of the dead man have said is the shooter, reports Daily News.

Klong Tom police were called to a one storey cement house Wednesday where a shooting had taken place. Adisak Panchu, 25, had already been taken to hospital with a gunshot wound to his left ribs but was dead.

Police at the house found a pool of blood next to a fridge in an extension at the rear of the property next to a kitchen. They found seven bullet holes in a wall and seven spent cartridges outside.

Supawanchai Temthap, 35, a brother in law of the deceased said that Somyot, a close friend of Adisak, had ridden his motorbike to the house and parked outside. He had then gone out back and started shooting at the house but no one was hit. After reloading he shot some more and this time Adisak was hit as he cowered behind the fridge.

The shooter then got on his bike and disappeared.

Police said that further questioning of the relatives revealed that the two men had argued forcefully over money that the older friend apparently owed to the younger man and this had escalated in an exchange of messages on the Line app.

Then Somyot arrived at the house, they said.

Police are looking for Somyot, a resident of Huay Nam Khao, and want to talk to him about the incident.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-05

In Thailand, often you'll find people with a 20 baht in their wallet, and no money to by food,

but they own a 15-20,000 baht gun..... priorities all screwed up in this country.....

Ah, a return to normalcy. At last a murder that wasn't related to implied insult, loss of face, ex girlfriend getting life of her own, etc etc. Killing over money something those from all cultures can comprehend.

In Thailand, often you'll find people with a 20 baht in their wallet, and no money to by food,

but they own a 15-20,000 baht gun..... priorities all screwed up in this country.....

Nonsense.

Way more likely to have a 40,000 Baht motorcycle on credit and struggle to find the repayments.

Typically Thai. Shoot the one that owes you money. Now you know he's never ever going to pay it back !!!

It's like:

- Killing the goose laying golden eggs.

- Killing the chicken that lays eggs so you can eat eggs. Once you killed and eat the chicken, you won't have any eggs to eat. Very common in third world countries.

I believe the report states that the shooter owed money to the victim.

Strange post. Does it make a difference? Brings into question the validity of selecting twelve random people to become jurors.

But no, you have convicted the wrong man, however all the clues are in the article. thumbsup.gif

I could piece it together, but I hope it will take the TV bar-stool sleuths the rest of today to work it out. Might get some respite from the instant judgments and other nonsense posted.sad.png

But probably not, most of them are unable to follow a thread before making an instant post and offering an instant opinion. It is surely asking too much to extract and analyse information from the OP.wai2.gif

Strange post. Does it make a difference? Brings into question the validity of selecting twelve random people to become jurors.

But no, you have convicted the wrong man, however all the clues are in the article. thumbsup.gif

I could piece it together, but I hope it will take the TV bar-stool sleuths the rest of today to work it out. Might get some respite from the instant judgments and other nonsense posted.sad.png

But probably not, most of them are unable to follow a thread before making an instant post and offering an instant opinion. It is surely asking too much to extract and analyse information from the OP.wai2.gif

Ooh bit touchy today arnt we, sun getting to ur head?

Ooh bit touchy today arnt we, sun getting to ur head?

Being a grumpy old git is one of the few pleasures left.

Where is the incentive to live your life by the rules when no-one else does and there is no law enforcement

Last time I went out, about two hours ago, anarchy had not taken over.

I certainly looked to me like traffic was generally adhering to the rules, nobody was being murdered or raped, on the whole people were being polite and friendly with each other. I did not see any shops being ransacked. And in Tesco there were nice orderly queues at the check-outs.

Which dystopic part of Thailand do you live in?

Archived