Grass seeds in Bangkok?

FireMedic

Anyone know where I can get some seeds to re-do my little front yard? Maybe 4 or 5 square meters? No one around me seems to know and I checked at the local plant seller and he doesn't have any. I'm in Pak Kret/Nonthaburi.

They don't seem to do the seeding method over here (though I may be wrong); it's all turfing by the square metre. Yaa Malay is the hardiest. I'd be tempted to rip it all up and plant mondo grass... uses less water, pretty and very easy to maintain (doesn't need cutting).

My wife purchased a bag of supposed grass seed at Chatuchak weekend market a couple years ago when we were building. Not a single blade of grass grew from this seed. Just adding this information to let people know that some of these weekend sellers are unethical and they offer no warranty or guarantee.

Tried for years to find grass seed. Relay my lawn at least once a year with two tone grass: one for sun; one for shade - not pretty. As soon as price for plastic grass comes down I'll be at the front of the queue.

You go from rattanatibet left onto kanchana phisek. After about 2 km on the left hand side is a bigger shop along the road who has loads of big plastic pots and next to it is a small shop with tools.

It's a wholesale shop for plastic pots but has many more products, they also have the grassseed in cans. The owner speaks english.

Sorry i can't tell you exactly where it is, you have to drive slow and search for this shop after about 2km or so.

You can find it at Ortakor market across the road from Chatuchak, look for the garden section at the end and theres a row of shops that sell it expensive though around 800 a tin if I remember rightly and it didn't grow at all. Imported from USA.

Thanks everyone......it's ridiculous hard to find.

Firemedic I live in Nonthaburi and we go towards Bang Bua Tong to get our grass sods. There are many shop located near the big "Spaghetti Junction"that leads down Sam Phran and Kanchanaburi way.You need to cross Rama 5 bridge. Its about 5 kms or so down. Once you put the sods down and start adding water you can literally see the grass growing! If you need more info PM me.