New Quote Function

bkkmadness

It cant be just me whos p1ssed off with this new quote function can it? Or am I using it wrong?

I used to be able to highlight something in my replies and click quote and it was done. Now I have to cut and paste the text into a box to quote it, and it only allows for a short bit of text in there, so I end up doing it numerous times on long pieces of text.

What's going on? :o

I have never really got to grips with the quote function but, instead of cutting and pasting into boxes and I am presuming you only mean from one post and not several, one way of doing it is to highlight part of the text you are quoting from.

This will then copy all of the text into your reply.

Then just delete all of the text you do not require in your reply.

Certainly not ideal, but it works for me, sort of!

Moss

It cant be just me whos p1ssed off with this new quote function can it? Or am I using it wrong?

I used to be able to highlight something in my replies and click quote and it was done. Now I have to cut and paste the text into a box to quote it, and it only allows for a short bit of text in there, so I end up doing it numerous times on long pieces of text.

What's going on? :o

Bkkmadness..

At the bottom right of the reply box, make sure it says "guided mode off". From what you are describing it sounds like you have "guided mode enabled"

totster :D