Multi Non-b, no work permit. Denied exit.

I have a multi entry non B valid until 18 May 2016. I am now at Andaman club and have been refused exit as I don't have a work permit. I finished working a 2 months ago, but didn't know I had to get a stamp in my passport by the labour department stating this as told by immigration official. She said that I am now overstayed. I had the choice to pay 20000 baht fine and exit, go and get the stamp from the labour department, or fly out. Everything I read told me the non-b is still valid without work permit?

I guess I will fly out of Bangkok on Friday or Saturday....

Fist I was going to go to Victoria point and exit there, but was told its closed??? Is this true?

Any help or suggestions?

Thank you.

A visa does not run out, however if you had an extension it would run out the day you left work.

Just to clear everything up, you say you have a visa, did you ever visit Immigration in your home town?

I know the difference between an extension of stay and a visa. I have a valid multi entry non-B.

Immigration official asked for my work permit, I said that I am no longer working. She asked how long. I said around two months. She said I need letter from employer and go to labour depatmemt to get a sticker in my passport. I asked if I could go out and come back in just on a visa exempt 30 day stamp, she said no I have to go to labour department. I said I can't do that as I'm going to Bangkok tonight with my wife on the train. She suggested I fly out.

I then asked my minivan driver if he could drive me to Victoria point, but he talked to officials and then said it is closed. I asked the driver if I could "fix" it with tea money. No, only pay overstay 20000THB.

Sorry for lack of proper sentences and grammar. On the phone, and a little angry... :)

• Like 1

All sounds very strange.

I appreciate you have a valid multiple entry non 'B' visa, but it is still possible to overstay. When does the current permission to stay, stamped in your passport, end?

The mistake you made was telling them you had stopped working. If you had said you forgot it they might of let you cross.

Not the first time somebody has been asked for a work permit at the Ranong crossings with a multiple entry non-b.

visa.

• Like 1

So your current permission of stay is a 90 day one expiring today and your multi non B expires on the 18th of May.

If so, fly out and come back or try another border and get another 90 days as long as you come back before the 18th.

Today

Then you haven't overstayed and they cant charge you 20K.

That border have been known to get funny over work permits. You should have no problem leaving and re-entering at another border. But if your permission to stay expires today you will overstay between now and leaving. A one day overstay will not be charged at the major airports.

If you are married then get a non 'O' when this visa has expired. You can still work with that visa/entry and your permission to stay will not be linked to any future work/job.

• Like 1

Is anyone asked to show work permit at Don Muang Airport. When I come back, should I try to use this valid visa?

Here's the visa and last entry stamp.

They will not ask for it at an airport or at most other border crossings. But unless you leave today you will be on an overstay. From either airport in Bangkok you will not pay the fine of 500 baht for one day of overstay. After tomorrow it will be 500 baht for everyday.

You will get a 90 day entry when you return.

• Like 1

Thank you. Yes I am going to get non o in the UK in August.

Planning to fly to HCM city on Saturday morning, and returning on same day. To double check, this is all good, correct?

Yes, you should have no problem doing that, but you will have a two day overstay (1,000 baht).

In case you're unaware you can get a multiple entry non 'O' based on marriage from Savannakhet or Penang.

• Like 2

I also have a non B but never got a work permit. I was supposed to work but before I applied for the permit the situation with the company changed and I didn't start the job. I will try and apply for an extension of stay based on retirement tomorrow in Phang Nga but my visa runs out on May 22 and I suspect that might not be enough time left. I had planned to go on Thursday not realizing it was a long holiday weekend. I have done the visa run to Ranong twice. Once without incident and once was asked to pay 500 baht to someone standing on the dock. None of these was via Andaman Club. If Phang Nga denies my extension what are my options? If I go to Ranong is it best to say I forgot my WP or just tell them I never had one? If I get another 90 days can I then apply for an extension of stay or is it not possible because the original visa has run out? Thanks for any help.

I also have a non B but never got a work permit. I was supposed to work but before I applied for the permit the situation with the company changed and I didn't start the job. I will try and apply for an extension of stay based on retirement tomorrow in Phang Nga but my visa runs out on May 22 and I suspect that might not be enough time left. I had planned to go on Thursday not realizing it was a long holiday weekend. I have done the visa run to Ranong twice. Once without incident and once was asked to pay 500 baht to someone standing on the dock. None of these was via Andaman Club. If Phang Nga denies my extension what are my options? If I go to Ranong is it best to say I forgot my WP or just tell them I never had one? If I get another 90 days can I then apply for an extension of stay or is it not possible because the original visa has run out? Thanks for any help.

I would avoid Ranong. Kanchanaburi (Ban Phu Nam Ron) would be a better choice for a border hop.

If you go tomorrow to apply you will have plenty of time left to get it done unless there is problem with the money being in the bank for the required 60 days.

• Like 1

I think you would be fine to go Victoria point and pay 500 thb to the fixer. Andaman club i would stay clear of.

I had no problem flying out and back in. Just a note to others, as I nearly got caught out, make sure you have an hour or more at HCMC before the return flight. Although I had checked in online with Airasia I was not allowed through the transfer desk. After exiting immigration its a 5 minute walk around to departures to check in to your next flight and back through immigration again. I flew with Nok air and returned with Airasia and the timing was good, time for a beer at the departure gate before boarding the return flight. I would have not made it if i had booked the return with Nok air.