Direct debit setup PEA / Bank / Pattaya

thaitero

Royal Garden plaza has PEA - office. Check the shopping mall map when you enter.. Location is easy to miss.

Thanks for your reply. I went to Big C Extra as on my agenda but will keep your information in mind in the future.

The next big question is about the water....I haven't got a clue. Do you?

Royal Garden plaza has PEA - office. Check the shopping mall map when you enter.. Location is easy to miss.

Thanks for your reply. I went to Big C Extra as on my agenda but will keep your information in mind in the future.

The next big question is about the water....I haven't got a clue. Do you?

PWA is far out of city , i think it is Naklua, between Sukhumvit and railroad road. No offices in Pattaya.

I misunderstood you then, I thought that was all done at the bank.

The bank certainly organises it, but I seem to remember that the girl at the PEA filled in at least part of the form (probably the part with my meter number etc). I like to avoid all paperwork in Thai as I dont understand it and the writing is always too small. Most of these places are accustomed to their customers being unable to read or write anyway, so I'm just one more.

Not surprised auto-debits are hard to stop in Thailand ? Considering how easy it is to pay the bills at Seven or CounterService outlets, ATM's, or online, I would just skip the autopsy.

I see no advantage wasting my time on paying bills by hand or doing transfers myself when I can let the direct debit system do it for me for free and without me having to remember anything. Particularly so if I might be away for a few months and so unable to even know how much the bill is, let alone pay it.

I'll find out about how easy stopping them is when I no longer own my condo (though by then it will probably be my inheritors' problem).

i see an advantage in being able to control who accesses my bank account. i obviously have a lot less money to burn than you. coffee1.gif

I maby found a way to pay PEA-bills when not in country without direct debit.

I downloaded app called mpay ( http://www.ais.co.th/mpay/Default.html ) to my phone, uploaded some test money via ATM to it and paid succesfully one PEA - bill today.. You do not need to have an actual bill. Only you have know is your contract ( Ref No 1 in your bill ) number and the app tells if you have any due bill or no. Service fee is 10 baht.

Only thing i do not know yet if this app works outside of Thailand..I quess yes if roaming is allowedsmile.png

That sounds ideal. The system with PWA is pretty archaic I think. Only 7 days to pay at the 7 after you get the bill, only some banks supported for online banking payment, can't top up the account to pay in advance. Complete joke! What's the company motto? "Difficult by design"?

I'm reluctant to use direct debit since I've heard of people having problems cancelling DDs plus I'll only be at this place another 7 months. Not worth it if they take 4 to set it up. I might download that app and give it a spin next time. I got back from a trip away 2 days too late for the 7 payment and had to traipse my a55 across town on a 30 minute bike ride to pay them their 87 baht!!!! If the outfit is going to be so backward you'd think they could give a month to pay, or maybe bring their systems into the 21st Century even!!!

I'm told the True Money wallet app works too but AFAIK you have to top that up with a WeCard that you can buy from a 7, think it's a pre pay credit card. Be even more useful if you can upload to it via a banking app, Kasikorn in my case.

Posted via Tapatalk

Edited by SooKee

PEA will do it within a month, PWA takes four months.

They are faster now.. "applied" for DD for both on 8th last month, PEA on 22nd last month already went to bank, PWA arrived on 5th this month, also going to bank.

You can also pay PWA via the Wallet for True Money app. Only problem with that is it's all in Thai and signing up is a pain as it asks for a Thai ID number which you can't input a passport number instead, plus of course the app and website, like so many here, has a real back-dated 1990s feel to it, like it was designed by a college kid as a project for 3rd grade. The whole True website I find pretty crap compared to even AIS to be honest.

I maby found a way to pay PEA-bills when not in country without direct debit.

I downloaded app called mpay ( http://www.ais.co.th/mpay/Default.html ) to my phone, uploaded some test money via ATM to it and paid succesfully one PEA - bill today.. You do not need to have an actual bill. Only you have know is your contract ( Ref No 1 in your bill ) number and the app tells if you have any due bill or no. Service fee is 10 baht.

Only thing i do not know yet if this app works outside of Thailand..I quess yes if roaming is allowedsmile.png

I downloaded the app. Was all looking pretty good. Until I went to a Kasikorn atm to upload cash and found that from Kasikorn you can't now. Honestly, sometimes living here is like wading uphill through treacle!

Posted via Tapatalk