Direct debit setup PEA / Bank / Pattaya

thaitero

What was again the step by step procedure to setup direct debit with bank and pattaya electric company?

I go first to bank to fill up some forms, or go first to electric company? Papers needed?

Thanks for any inputsmile.png

Edited by thaitero

I think that when I did it I went to the PEA with an old bill and my bank details, and they gave me a form which I took to my bank. I think the bank then completed it and kept it.

Was a few years ago though.

So actually one doesn't need the old bill or bank details...just go to their office on Klang and ask for the form.

I took an old bill because by showing that I dont need to explain who I am.

I took my bank details so that they would have all the information available to fill in the form for me.

I dont believe in doing jobs that other people are being paid to do for me.

So actually one doesn't need the old bill or bank details...just go to their office on Klang and ask for the form.

I took my bank details so that they would have all the information available to fill in the form for me.

I misunderstood you then, I thought that was all done at the bank.

Not surprised auto-debits are hard to stop in Thailand ? Considering how easy it is to pay the bills at Seven or CounterService outlets, ATM's, or online, I would just skip the autopsy.

And it's "Provincial Electric Authority."

The bank certainly organises it, but I seem to remember that the girl at the PEA filled in at least part of the form (probably the part with my meter number etc). I like to avoid all paperwork in Thai as I dont understand it and the writing is always too small. Most of these places are accustomed to their customers being unable to read or write anyway, so I'm just one more.

Not surprised auto-debits are hard to stop in Thailand ? Considering how easy it is to pay the bills at Seven or CounterService outlets, ATM's, or online, I would just skip the autopsy.

I see no advantage wasting my time on paying bills by hand or doing transfers myself when I can let the direct debit system do it for me for free and without me having to remember anything. Particularly so if I might be away for a few months and so unable to even know how much the bill is, let alone pay it.

I'll find out about how easy stopping them is when I no longer own my condo (though by then it will probably be my inheritors' problem).

PEA as well as PWA both require:

- form from them to fill out

- go to bank to check and sign / stamp (actually SCB completely filled the forms for me)

- bring forms back to PEA / PWA with copy of passport / ID, copy of first page of bank book and copy of latest invoice.

Did both just this week. Except for going back / forth, it is hassle free.

Provincial authorities do not have e-bill set up with banks, only the Metropolitan ones, which are useless in my case

Foru years ago teh procedure was this:

1. Go to the PEA or PWA office and ask for the forms to pay by direct debit.

2. Take the forms to your bank and get them to fill them in for you.

3. Take the completed forms back to the PEA/PWA offices and ask them to process them into the system.

PEA will do it within a month, PWA takes four months.

You'll know when it's been processed and you're in the system as your bill will no longer have a bar code to pay at the local 7-eleven or whatever.

PEA as well as PWA both require:

- form from them to fill out

- go to bank to check and sign / stamp (actually SCB completely filled the forms for me)

- bring forms back to PEA / PWA with copy of passport / ID, copy of first page of bank book and copy of latest invoice.

Did both just this week. Except for going back / forth, it is hassle free.

Provincial authorities do not have e-bill set up with banks, only the Metropolitan ones, which are useless in my case

Foru years ago teh procedure was this:

1. Go to the PEA or PWA office and ask for the forms to pay by direct debit.

2. Take the forms to your bank and get them to fill them in for you.

3. Take the completed forms back to the PEA/PWA offices and ask them to process them into the system.

PEA will do it within a month, PWA takes four months.

You'll know when it's been processed and you're in the system as your bill will no longer have a bar code to pay at the local 7-eleven or whatever.

I just set it up with PEA in February, and the above posts are consistent with what I did. Now I pray that they don't mis-read the meter and/or misplace a decimal point and wipe out my account.

Debit for electric set up a year ago. Necessary if you are away from home a lot. Not one problem to date and amounts are always in line with prior bills. Also had auto transfer set up to send money to GF's mother every month. GF was canceled and was not a problem to stop the auto transfer. Anyone know if you can set up water and TOT as well?

For TOT, I simply go to their office and give then a deposit ("loowang na") of 500-Bt against future bills.

As my phone bull is usually just the basic rate of 100-Bt/month, as I use it only for the internet, the

deposit of 500-Bt is good for just about 5-months.

Water...I don't know if you can either set up an automatic payment via your bank or possibly pre-pay

via a deposit. In my case, the water bill (at actual cost) comes to the Condo company and I pay that

(usually about 172-Bt) along with the monthly maintenance fee. If I'd be gone for a while I'd just make a

pre-paid deposit.as I do with TOT.

Anyone know if you can set up water and TOT as well?

I just set it up with PEA in February, and the above posts are consistent with what I did. Now I pray that they don't mis-read the meter and/or misplace a decimal point and wipe out my account.

I get my meter bill on the 20th of the month and the DD is taken on 11th of the following month so plenty of time to see any problem, not that there has been in the last 8 years.

Debit for electric set up a year ago. Necessary if you are away from home a lot. Not one problem to date and amounts are always in line with prior bills. Also had auto transfer set up to send money to GF's mother every month. GF was canceled and was not a problem to stop the auto transfer. Anyone know if you can set up water and TOT as well?

I had a DD with TOT for about 5 years, no problem with DD just the internet service. When 3BB came to the area we switched to them, but they would not allow me to have the account, had to be my wife.

We don't have mains water so wouldn't know about them.

I had a DD with TOT for about 5 years, no problem with DD just the internet service. When 3BB came to the area we switched to them, but they would not allow me to have the account, had to be my wife.

We don't have mains water so wouldn't know about them.

With 3bb last time i asked about year ago, it is o.k to have 3bb in farangs name but you must prepay one year in advance..

And it's "Provincial Electric Authority."

When you have to go overseas for lengthy periods direct debits come to their own LOL.

Does anyone know if a bill in another person's name can be direct debited? (My electric bill is in my landlord's name)

Does anyone know if a bill in another person's name can be direct debited? (My electric bill is in my landlord's name)

When I set my direct debit up I was a tenant.

+1

Earlier this year I set up PEA bill to direct debit from my bank account, and bill is still in landlord's name.

Anyone knows if it is possible go to PEA-office and prepay 3-6 months bills with some money that is more than enough,, ?

How long and what is the procedure to reopen electricity if it is closed because of unpaid bills?

• 3 weeks later...

I maby found a way to pay PEA-bills when not in country without direct debit.

I downloaded app called mpay ( http://www.ais.co.th/mpay/Default.html ) to my phone, uploaded some test money via ATM to it and paid succesfully one PEA - bill today.. You do not need to have an actual bill. Only you have know is your contract ( Ref No 1 in your bill ) number and the app tells if you have any due bill or no. Service fee is 10 baht.

Only thing i do not know yet if this app works outside of Thailand..I quess yes if roaming is allowedsmile.png

I had an automatic Direct Debit with BKK bank. Took me 5 minutes to cancel it in person. I took my PP & bankbook.

Cancelled a DD with BKK bank last week but we had to go to the PEA office on what we refer to as the "Water office road" in Naklua to do the job.

Cancelling it with the bank maybe doesn't mean that your name has been taken off the bill with the Pattaya PEA which in our case was what we needed

Is there any place in Central Pattaya where you can pay a past due electric bill(from Joemtien Beach)? I was told 7/11's don't accept payment past due and told "you go Nakula" some place? What about the Electric Company office/depot on Pattaya Klang?

Royal Garden plaza has PEA - office. Check the shopping mall map when you enter.. Location is easy to miss.

Is there any place in Central Pattaya where you can pay a past due electric bill(from Joemtien Beach)? I was told 7/11's don't accept payment past due and told "you go Nakula" some place? What about the Electric Company office/depot on Pattaya Klang?

Big C Pattaya Klang, ground floor in the food court area

Big C Pattaya Klang, ground floor in the food court area

Nice new office in the food court as you posted. Many thanks for same. The real purpose of this web site. Open seven days a week, daytime until 630PM.

You can't top up your account. Only direct debits with a bank. Seems crazy, but that's the "rule" so they said. No idea how much or how long past due triggers a cut off of service.