Ex-Democrat MP wants OAG to take action against two deputy Bangkok governors

webfact

Ex-Democrat MP wants OAG to take action against two deputy Bangkok governors

0505003-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A former Democrat MP will demand the Office of the Auditor-General to take legal action against two more deputy Bangkok governors in connection with the light tunnel controversy.

Mr Vilas Chanpitak said Thursday that he would call a press conference on Sunday to announce his plan to petition the OAG to take legal action against two other deputy governors over their alleged involvement in the controversial project which was earlier ruled by the OAG as illegal and overpriced.

Regarding Bangkok Governor Sukhumbhand Paribatra’s threat to sue the OAG on defamation charge, Mr Vilas suggested the former to reconsider his threat and to review whether the procurement of the project was lawful or not.

The ex-Democrat MP said the governor should be held accountable for the project in his capacity as the head of the City Hall even though he did not affix his signature to endorse the project.

Another former Democrat MP, Mr Boonyod Sukthinthai, said the governor did not clarify the point about suspected collusion in the auction of the light tunnel project.

Nevertheless, he said it would now depend on whether the National Anti-Corruption Commission would accept the case for consideration or not. He disclosed that the Democrat party had followed up the case from the beginning and asked for an explanation from the governor but it went unheeded.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/162218

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-05-06

Oh ma I hope this bloke doesn't jump on a train to see this so-called light tunnel and asking for an independent investigation over this project, cause the junta has already set a president on such requests now hasn't it, Oh bugga my bad the AA and detention is only for the other side, not those "good people."

Now I hope there is a fully INDEPENDAT investigation this time and not blocked by the junta so as there can be a fair dinkum result instead of controversy.

Edited by aussieinthailand

your upset he wasted money on this? why so petty guy? so, the over priced wall clocks, ipads, tablet for children.... all wasted more with nothing to show..... and your mad at this? its pretty at least. its FINALLY A TOURISM PHOTO... i will assume someones paying you to voice your outrage. like this. .... i dont get most your posts. like quoting Thomas Jefferson into thai politics. your all over the place.

your upset he wasted money on this? why so petty guy? so, the over priced wall clocks, ipads, tablet for children.... all wasted more with nothing to show..... and your mad at this? its pretty at least. its FINALLY A TOURISM PHOTO... i will assume someones paying you to voice your outrage. like this. .... i dont get most your posts. like quoting Thomas Jefferson into thai politics. your all over the place.

Yeah cause 2 wrongs make one right?

Let me translate your post : "but but but Thaksin...."

I know that you don't give a sh.t about the taxes you pay and how they are spent, but maybe some of the thai living in Bangkok, let say Rangsit for exemple, would rather have a flood proof sewer system instead of a tunnel of lights for the tourism. Especially when the money used is not for the tourism and overcharged tunnel of light.

Did you even go there watch this tunnel? It looked crappy and very poorly setup for the price paid

Edited by GeorgesAbitbol

If you can't get something as simple as 'You're' correct, how can anyone take anything you say seriously.

I know that you don't give a sh.t about the taxes you pay and how they are spent, but maybe some of the thai living in Bangkok, let say Rangsit for exemple, would rather have a flood proof sewer system instead of a tunnel of lights for the tourism. Especially when the money used is not for the tourism and overcharged tunnel of light.

Did you even go there watch this tunnel? It looked crappy and very poorly setup for the price paid

I care how my tax is spend.. people should get voting rights based on how much tax they pay. Otherwise the poor can always divert the money others pay to their needs. Also when voting is based on tax payment this kind of spending would be far harder for the corrupt because those paying for it would make sure they won't get voted in next time. Also governments would have a hard time buying votes this way.. Yea I know does not sound very democratic but I feel its unfair that those who don't pay into a system have a more votes over it then those who do.

I care how my tax is spend.. people should get voting rights based on how much tax they pay. Otherwise the poor can always divert the money others pay to their needs. Also when voting is based on tax payment this kind of spending would be far harder for the corrupt because those paying for it would make sure they won't get voted in next time. Also governments would have a hard time buying votes this way.. Yea I know does not sound very democratic but I feel its unfair that those who don't pay into a system have a more votes over it then those who do.

What an incredibly disrespectful and snobbish comment to make.

So in your opinion, those poor people who don't pay tax because they might not even work for government organisations or work cash in hand, or don't actually earn enough to pay tax, should not be considered worthy of casting a vote?

So you as a foreign taxpayer believe you should have more rights to vote over someone who is Thai by birth, but doesn't pay taxes?

Do you really detest those Thai's who are not so financially well off that much?

So in your opinion, those poor people who don't pay tax because they might not even work for government organisations or work cash in hand, or don't actually earn enough to pay tax, should not be considered worthy of casting a vote?

So you as a foreign taxpayer believe you should have more rights to vote over someone who is Thai by birth, but doesn't pay taxes?

Do you really detest those Thai's who are not so financially well off that much?

You can call it whatever you want, I was not even commenting on the Thai situation alone but in general. Why should people who pay a lot of tax be at the mercy of those who don't pay at all. If I am financing something and someone else is not why should I not have more to say about how things are being spend as those who don't pay into it ?

Suppose I pay 100.000 tax and you and 2 others pay nothing but you 2 decide that all the money should go to benefits that you and that other collect. Does that sound fair to you ? (assuming its just 3 ppl in this imaginary country)

I just feel that those who pay the most should have the most votes in how that money is being spend.. be it in Thailand or anywhere else.

I was not even thinking about myself and taxes I pay here, I was talking in general that I find it totally unfair that people who are not contributing to a system in taxes can decide how it is being spend. I have nothing against poor people at all I just feel that if your not paying taxes why should you have a say in how those taxes are being spend ? Sure they can have a say in foreign policy .. laws .. whatever (everyone should have a saying in that).

Sorry if it sounds snobbish but in general I feel those that pay should be the ones that have the most to say about how money is spend. If we are buying a car together and I pay 3 times as much as you.. i feel I should have more to say about what kind of car ect as you.

This way those that avoid taxes could also loose voting rights (goes for rich too that avoid paying taxes).

This is actually the way it works in companies.. those that invest the most.. have the most to say how the money is being spend.

Edited by robblok

You can call it whatever you want, I was not even commenting on the Thai situation alone but in general. Why should people who pay a lot of tax be at the mercy of those who don't pay at all. If I am financing something and someone else is not why should I not have more to say about how things are being spend as those who don't pay into it ?

Suppose I pay 100.000 tax and you and 2 others pay nothing but you 2 decide that all the money should go to benefits that you and that other collect. Does that sound fair to you ? (assuming its just 3 ppl in this imaginary country)

I just feel that those who pay the most should have the most votes in how that money is being spend.. be it in Thailand or anywhere else.

I was not even thinking about myself and taxes I pay here, I was talking in general that I find it totally unfair that people who are not contributing to a system in taxes can decide how it is being spend. I have nothing against poor people at all I just feel that if your not paying taxes why should you have a say in how those taxes are being spend ? Sure they can have a say in foreign policy .. laws .. whatever (everyone should have a saying in that).

Sorry if it sounds snobbish but in general I feel those that pay should be the ones that have the most to say about how money is spend. If we are buying a car together and I pay 3 times as much as you.. i feel I should have more to say about what kind of car ect as you.

This way those that avoid taxes could also loose voting rights (goes for rich too that avoid paying taxes).

OK, in which country do you believe poor people do not pay taxes?

Because while this may be true for income taxes in some places, it is not true for a wide variety of other taxes (direct and indirect) and government fees, which are definitely paid by poor people. As a notable example of indirect taxes, landlords of apartments and shops definitely pay taxes and fees to stay in business; they pass these costs on to their tenants as a portion of the rent/lease payments.

That is just one of the obvious things wrong with your argument.

This is actually the way it works in companies.. those that invest the most.. have the most to say how the money is being spend.

Everything you have posted here is something a Hi-So would say.

If it wasn't in relation to Thailand, then it's actually an off topic post. ;)

OK, in which country do you believe poor people do not pay taxes?

Because while this may be true for income taxes in some places, it is not true for a wide variety of other taxes (direct and indirect) and government fees, which are definitely paid by poor people. As a notable example of indirect taxes, landlords of apartments and shops definitely pay taxes and fees to stay in business; they pass these costs on to their tenants as a portion of the rent/lease payments.

That is just one of the obvious things wrong with your argument.

Sure there are things wrong in my argument, not to mention its hard to put into a working system. But my argument is basically those that pay the most int he system should have the most to say. (practical or not). I feel that those that don't pay into a system should not have a say in that system.

Everything you have posted here is something a Hi-So would say.

If it wasn't in relation to Thailand, then it's actually an off topic post. wink.png

Glad to be HI So then, but my post came about people not caring how their taxes are being spend (in the post i reply to). I just feel that people who spend money that is not theirs are far less careful with it. Its always easy spending other people's money.

I have no wish to ever vote in Thailand nor do I want that right for taxes I pay here. Point was just my feeling about how taxes are spend and rights from tax payment.

I know my idea's are not practical, I was talking about a feeling here. Anyway Its not as if the system of how taxes are spend works wel. So much wastage in spending (in whatever country in the world).

First what you aah clearly show something some thais wanted as well : vote based on taxes spent by individual, so the poor won t vote. Guess who feeds you : the poors, guess who build your condo : the poor, guess who drives the taxi, the bus, the train, guess who clean your streets...the poor... so yeah they have the right to vote, and the corrupted ones are the rich, not the poors.. last time i heard such stupid comment it was by a old thai aristocrate... oh the problem is : they are more than the riches and if not happy will simply take the streets. And we are not far from this...

First what you aah clearly show something some thais wanted as well : vote based on taxes spent by individual, so the poor won t vote. Guess who feeds you : the poors, guess who build your condo : the poor, guess who drives the taxi, the bus, the train, guess who clean your streets...the poor... so yeah they have the right to vote, and the corrupted ones are the rich, not the poors.. last time i heard such stupid comment it was by a old thai aristocrate... oh the problem is : they are more than the riches and if not happy will simply take the streets. And we are not far from this...

I was out of line, this was not really meant to apply in Thailand. I just feel that if you pay into a system you have something to say about it and if you don't pay for something you don't. But practically it will never work on the scale of a country.

I was also more thinking along the lines of how money was spend, not on important issues like laws and such where everyone should have a say in. Anyway its a real impractical idea I had.

But just think about a village fund like in my village where people pay for the security guard.. the upkeep of the village and other things. I would say that those who don''t pay into it (and unfortunately there are quite a few) should not have a say in things only those who do pay up.

Also way back in the days of hunter gatherers.. the best hunters had of course the most to say about how their game was divided in the tribe.

If I pay for diner for a group of people.. I decide where we eat, not those that don't pay.

Its more a basic feeling that I had not really an idea that can be applied and certainly not one that I wanted to apply to Thailand.

It was in response to you and that you cared how tax money is being spend.. so do I I just feel that its too easy to spend other peoples money.

But again practically it would not work.

You are right that some people in Thailand think like that, i have a thai friend who pays loads of income tax far more as most foreigners and she felt at some point similar as she saw her money being wasted by governments in stupid programs to buy votes. I feel for people like that because here in Thailand the taxbase is real small and income tax is only paid by those in registered employment (and you got 200.000 allowance). However many make a lot more and never pay a dime.

Money raised by taxation belongs equally to all citizens of a country, no matter what level of taxes they pay. OTOH those that do pay taxes feel justifiable anger at seeing their common wealth being used in ridiculously uneconomic schemes whose sole purpose is an electoral bribe, or being stolen by criminals appointed to office by a fugitive.

Money raised by taxation belongs equally to all citizens of a country, no matter what level of taxes they pay. OTOH those that do pay taxes feel justifiable anger at seeing their common wealth being used in ridiculously uneconomic schemes whose sole purpose is an electoral bribe, or being stolen by criminals appointed to office by a fugitive.

1/10, must try harder.