PM Prayut invites public to travel in Thailand during 5-day holiday

webfact

It is a long holiday? We (private comapny) are open Friday as normal. I guess it is just for government officials.

Same here, although in our office it is quiet and the office complex also.

The General was not forceful enough in announcing it a holiday, so most private companies dealing with their own money chose to work.

The SET announced it as a holiday so the banks are shut, other than that it is the civil service and Government, who unlike private companies use other peoples money and hence are far more relaxed about wastage, performance and operating hours.

3 days of Public holidays in one week, which means that there have only been 2 working days for banks this week! Consequently, as my UK work pension money, (paid into my UK account on the last day of the month), takes 4 working days to arrive, I shall be without income until Monday 9th May! I just hope that the car finance company, and those others who expect regular payment on the 6th of the month realise that it is the Government preventing payment, and don't try to charge me interest!

Is the PM joking? Mr PM, you have to get out of your ivory tower and see what really happens around your own country.

A good thought but why would anyone want to be among the average 50+ dead per day?

Make your country safer for tourists (and locals) and the tourists will come in their droves!

What holidays are these exactly... my company is open as usual. It is confising to understand Thai public holidays I think.

It's a complete mess here with holidays except Songkran maybe.

They have Buddhist days, Bank holidays, replacement if one falls on a weekend, additional holiday announced shortly by the government.

As an example, my gf works in private foreign owned company, I'm at University. Except Songkran we almost have no common public holidays together.

Shouldn't he be trying to get business travels to come to Thailand to come stay in its four and five star hotels ? Oh wait, they would need work permits and some sort of compelling reason to invest their time and money.

Thais never need encouragement to take a holiday.

Shouldn't he be trying to get business travels to come to Thailand to come stay in its four and five star hotels ? Oh wait, they would need work permits and some sort of compelling reason to invest their time and money.

Thais never need encouragement to take a holiday.

I am not entirely sure about exactly what you mean by holiday though. Take a day or 2 off work, sure I agree with you. Take an actual annual vacation style holiday somewhere for a week or two... almost unheard of in my experience. I wonder how many Thais own timeshare or holiday homes?

Yes. Stock exchange and banks too!

I'm lost with the holiday dates.

My neighbor says the long holiday is 5 days:

- Fri 6th

- Sat 7th

- Sun 8th

- Mon 9th

- Tue 10th

Is this correct?

No. I just finished playing golf and my caddy told me Monday was a holiday (prices go up). Rang the course. Monday is not a holiday!

It just goes to show though, with all these holidays whizzing around, even the Thai's don't know.

- Fri 6th

- Sat 7th

- Sun 8th

- Mon 9th

- Tue 10th

Is this correct?

As far as I know Tuesday is NOT a holiday

Yes, come to Pattaya to experience the worst traffic congestion in your life. Songkran BKK-Isaan got nothing, 150m/h is true living. Pack pampers as you ain't getting out of the car.

No disrespect, but have you ever been to Bangkok ? I've flipped between the 2 on a weekly basis for a number of years now, the jams you see at times over the weekends in Pattaya are an everyday occurrence in Bangkok. I'd take Pattaya for traffic anytime.

Just came from there, I drive in BKK downtown traffic every weekday. The current jams in Pattaya are far, far worse.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/912660-why-the-incredible-traffic-congestion-in-pattaya/

Edited by DrTuner

YES, make all the private households more into defezit as they are already, follow the government household!

Stimulate your brain and you will get sucessful but not force your people to spend more as they haven't much money beside at all!

Junta should not deal with money, they have no idea where it is generated: just know how to spend!

- Fri 6th

- Sat 7th

- Sun 8th

- Mon 9th

- Tue 10th

Is this correct?

I think the 5 days start from 5th (coronation day), 6 (extra holiday) followed by the weekends. Monday is Royal Ploughing Day and is not a national holiday but Government offices are closed. Practiced every year. Most private companies remained open. All back to work on Tuesday. So actually the civil servants will enjoy the 5 days break but private companies optional.

What holidays are these exactly... my company is open as usual. It is confising to understand Thai public holidays I think.

Many private companies (inc British-Thai company I work for) follow the banks for public hols,

We were off work today also. Nice to have hols but so soon after Songkran it's terrible for business...no decision making, everything delayed. "Mai pen rai" the masses only live for today

- Fri 6th

- Sat 7th

- Sun 8th

- Mon 9th

- Tue 10th

Is this correct?

No. I just finished playing golf and my caddy told me Monday was a holiday (prices go up). Rang the course. Monday is not a holiday!

It just goes to show though, with all these holidays whizzing around, even the Thai's don't know.

I think it is a top down approach. The leadership does not appear to know much about anything either. whistling.gif Added this Edit: The leadership does know how to go forward - by patting itself on the back!

To selectively quote Winston Churchill: "The truth is incontrovertible....." coffee1.gif

Edited by lvr181