Thai private sector says clear minimum wage policy will boost investors’ confidence

webfact

Lesser then 300 baht per day? This is not a minimum wage this a minimum to survive....

Everyone who works more then 10 hours per day and get lesser then 300 baht is a slave in my eyes...

Go tell that to the Vietnamese, Cambodians and Filipinos. Maybe it has got something to do with work ethic and value for wages.

All too late now for business to be crying out. There has been an exodus of factories out of Thailand and companies have gone to countries where they get better productivity and value for their money.

Here is a happy and contented workforce in Vietnam. They even look like they are efficient.

Maybe if Thai employers didn't have to employ two workers to do the job of one then the best and remaining workers would most likely be paid more.

post-235172-0-76411500-1462688288_thumb.

The survey also showed that most businesses want the minimum wage to be increased from 300 baht day as this rate has been in use for 3 years already and an adjustment is long overdue.

Stop BSing businesses!!!!...just pay your employees more than Bt300/day...You don't need the govt to make that happen.

May I ask why they should be paid mopre per day?

To sit and look at facebook? To post pics of the food they eat?

Stupid face pics saying look how beautiful I am?

Do you know how other countries fare to Thai workers? I do. I operate in 4 countries.

Thai workers are the WORST and take the most training and have absolutely no skills. they need to be taught everything which is a HUGE cost.

Philippine workers have good education, get less money and TURN UP and work

1 Filipino is equivalent to 3 Thai staff.

YES I am all for improving their lives.

BUT it must start with Education and THAT my dear friend is what we in business complain about

Have you ever thought why Thailand only has tourism and DUMB ASS industry work? Fishing, manufacturing? And the workers press buttons. NOTHING skilled. The machines have the sills.

THIS IS SO SAD and why? GOVERNMENT POLICY over decades.

Cambodians seem to earn 50% of what Thais do and have a much better attitude and work ethic.

Sadly not enough english. And corruption is too much unless you PAY a minister.

Lesser then 300 baht per day? This is not a minimum wage this a minimum to survive....

Everyone who works more then 10 hours per day and get lesser then 300 baht is a slave in my eyes...

Go tell that to the Vietnamese, Cambodians and Filipinos. Maybe it has got something to do with work ethic and value for wages.

All too late now for business to be crying out. There has been an exodus of factories out of Thailand and companies have gone to countries where they get better productivity and value for their money.

Here is a happy and contented workforce in Vietnam. They even look like they are efficient.

Maybe if Thai employers didn't have to employ two workers to do the job of one then the best and remaining workers would most likely be paid more.

I agree with what you say except for one point

Thai 2 workers to 1 other?

I think more like 4 to 1!

that's why they have archaic rules on 1 Foreigner to 4 Thais when in fact is more like 1 foreigner to the collective work and thinking of 10 Thais on average. NOT ALL but average.

And this is also part of the reason Thailand is failing its people. No new skills - copy and paste and do as I say. Does not help anyone.

Is there any increased interest of foreign investors in Thailand??? Is that a Fata Morgana or something I can't see???

I dont know about INCREASED investmnet but there is sure as hell interest in DECREASED investment. Japs are down 81% on last year. Said so in the TV news and press in Thailand...