Thai Marraige Visa

For the last 2 years I have traveled to Savannakhet for my one year multiple entry O visa based on marriage, my question is can I get it renewed in Thailand/Bangkok for another 1 year multiple entry or do I need to continue making this trip?

You could apply for a one year extension of stay during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries from your visa at your local immigration office if you can meet the financial requirements.

You cannot renew a visa within Thailand. If you want another one year multiple entry O visa based on marriage you must travel to obtain it.

You can, however, apply for an 'extension of stay' based on marriage if you can meet the requirements (400,000 Bht in a Thai bank or a certified income of 40,000 Bht/month) . The extension is valid for a year and is renewable, no travel outside Thailand is needed but 90 day reports have to be made to immigration.

You cannot renew a visa within Thailand. If you want another one year multiple entry O visa based on marriage you must travel to obtain it.

You can, however, apply for an 'extension of stay' based on marriage if you can meet the requirements (400,000 Bht in a Thai bank or a certified income of 40,000 Bht/month) . The extension is valid for a year and is renewable, no travel outside Thailand is needed but 90 day reports have to be made to immigration.

OK thank you for all the replies it appears I need to continue to do it outside as I also need to continue coming in and out of Thailand.

OK thank you for all the replies it appears I need to continue to do it outside as I also need to continue coming in and out of Thailand.

If you have a 1 year extension of stay based on marriage you can continue to come in and go out of the country as often as you want with a re-entry permit (3,800 baht).

If you have a 1 year extension of stay based on marriage you can continue to come in and go out of the country as often as you want with a re-entry permit (3,800 baht).

re-entry permit (3,800 baht). ???????

Why the "???????????" ?

Are you unaware of the costs associated with re-entry permits ?

• Like 1

Single re-entry 1,000 baht. Multiple re-entry (suitable for frequent travelers, or those that want to just have it done and not worry further) 3,800 baht.