Nong Kai Rules?

I am a 45yo USA citizen on a passport that has 5.5 years of various tourist visas and border crossing exempt stamps.

So far in 2016 I have a 30-day visa exempt stamp in January. Extended it 30 days. March got Tourist Visa and it expires this Sunday (8 May). Yes, I know it can be extended.

I am waiting on the MOE to approve my ED Visa. I also need to see my neurologist in Laos ASAP. There was a miscommunication - everyone thought I would have the visa papers today, but that is 1+ weeks.

If I go to Vientianne, what are the odds Nong Kai (at train from Thanalang, not friendship bridge) will give me 30-day stamp again? IE is there a ruling yet on how many TV and how many border crossings per calendar year? Per passport? Per etc.???

Thanks!

With the history of visa exempt entries you should have a problem. Tourist visa entries are not counted and in fact makes your history look better.

SHOULD have a problem?

What about another SETV? Aren't those based purely on number per calendar year?

With the history of visa exempt entries you should not have a problem. Tourist visa entries are not counted and in fact makes your history look better.

SHOULD have a problem?

What about another SETV? Aren't those based purely on number per calendar year?

Not enough coffee error fixed. Sorry about that.