Military

Goat Roper

Just curious, I am not selling anything, reporting anything outside this forum or writing a book so please save any cute remarks.

What about a poll? Maybe something like:

On active duty

Did some time

Retired Military

Never been in military

Just curious, I am not selling anything, reporting anything outside this forum or writing a book so please save any cute remarks.

On active duty

Did some time

Retired Military

Never been in military

Good idea thanks, I'm new here so please bear with me.

On active duty

Did some time

Retired Military

Never been in military

yes lets have another poll :o

yes lets have another poll yes lets have another poll yes lets have another poll

yes lets have another poll yes lets have another poll yes lets have another poll

"How now brown cow works too" if you're doing what I think you are doing. :o

what?...what? 'go ask tutsiwarrior' what?

the tutsiwarrior 'military story'

tutsi is 18 and in last year of high school in 1969 and gets busted for dope (2 reefers) in Orange County USA. Lookin' at 1-5 in the joint for possession in those days.

tutsi is smart and a good student, if somewhat rebellious and the liberal high school teachers stand behind him with good references for the judge.

the judge says 'if it is true that you are a good student, the disposition of this court is that you shall remain in higher education until you reach 21 years of age.' I also did 8 days in OC County during my Easter break as a slap on the hand.

got classified 1A and simply sent the draft board a copy of the court's disposition...result - reclassified 1Y, only called up in the event of an invasion. When I reached 21 Nixon started the lottery and I got a good number.

Piece of cake. Spent my formative years throwing rocks at cops in Berkeley and SF during the riots.

I do not put down those that choose to serve in the US armed forces. These days they are professional soldiers that are not expected to exercise political judgements regarding the circumstances of their service. Unfortunately for many that come from uneducated and impoverished backgrounds military service is the only available option. We had different ideas in the Vietnam days. Thankfully now I am older and wiser.

boon mee...I am not a nosy curmudgeon as you appear to suggest and...shamefully, I have laid bare personal experience to scrutiny on a mistaken premise...one that suggested that I participate in an incipid discussion regarding military service...

however...tutsi forgives...and loves any excuse to blither away to anyone that chooses to read...