Ashes On Tv In Thailand

PeterH

Does anyone know whether it is possible to receive coverage of the upcoming Ashes series on TV in Thailand? I have UBC's standard package but know that none of these channels will be showing live coverage. Does anyone know how one would go about getting an additional channel that will be showing live coverage?

As there were no replies, I contacted UBC myself. For those people interested, this is the reply that I got -

Thank you very much for your e-mail below. Regarding to your inquiry, we are deeply sorry to inform you that we are unable to inform all the information of PPV at the moment. However; if there is anything updates, we will advise through our media. Therefore; we would like to inform you that we have already checked the schedule of the ashes as follows;

23-27 November 2006 - 1st Ashes Test Match – BRISBANE

1-5 December 2006 - 2nd Ashes Test Match – ADDAY LAKE

14-18 December 2006 -3rd Ashes Test Match – PERTH (WACA)

26-30 December 2006 -4th Ashes Test Match (Boxing Day Test) –MELBOURN (MCG)

2-6 January 2007 -5th Ashes Test Match - SYDNEY (SCG)

**ONLY ON UBC PPV 72**

I then sent another email as I did not understand what they meant and they answered -

Thank you very much for your e-mail below. Regarding to your inquiry, we would like to inform you that currently the price is not yet been set up. You’ll be informed via UBC media when there’s any update.

Should you have any further queries, please contact our customer service at tel.: 0-2271-7171 or email; [email protected]

I think that this means that they will be showing the ashes on pay per view channel 72 but they have not fixed the price yet.

As there were no replies, I contacted UBC myself. For those people interested, this is the reply that I got -

Thank you very much for your e-mail below. Regarding to your inquiry, we are deeply sorry to inform you that we are unable to inform all the information of PPV at the moment. However; if there is anything updates, we will advise through our media. Therefore; we would like to inform you that we have already checked the schedule of the ashes as follows;

23-27 November 2006 - 1st Ashes Test Match – BRISBANE

1-5 December 2006 - 2nd Ashes Test Match – ADDAY LAKE

14-18 December 2006 -3rd Ashes Test Match – PERTH (WACA)

26-30 December 2006 -4th Ashes Test Match (Boxing Day Test) –MELBOURN (MCG)

2-6 January 2007 -5th Ashes Test Match - SYDNEY (SCG)

**ONLY ON UBC PPV 72**

I then sent another email as I did not understand what they meant and they answered -

Thank you very much for your e-mail below. Regarding to your inquiry, we would like to inform you that currently the price is not yet been set up. You’ll be informed via UBC media when there’s any update.

Should you have any further queries, please contact our customer service at tel.: 0-2271-7171 or email; [email protected]

I think that this means that they will be showing the ashes on pay per view channel 72 but they have not fixed the price yet.

you'll find it on a tv somewhere. If not just wait to hear it from the aussie cheers in the streets when we win them back. :o

Thanks for doing the research peterH: I posted a similar question a few days before you did and got no response.

They are leaving it quite late, for the 23rd Nov. start date. I expect if it is PPV it will only be about 20 quid (1400 baht). Well worth it, and ideal viewing time this time; about a 3.00pm start for us in Thailand?

Thanks for doing the research peterH: I posted a similar question a few days before you did and got no response.

They are leaving it quite late, for the 23rd Nov. start date. I expect if it is PPV it will only be about 20 quid (1400 baht). Well worth it, and ideal viewing time this time; about a 3.00pm start for us in Thailand?

I think you've got your times a bit mixed up there Libya. Tests played in the eastern states will be finished by 2.00 pm and for this reason i doubt UBC will offer it as ppv. They wouldn't get enough subscribers to make it profitable. So it looks like we will need to find a bar that shows the South African super sports channels to watch it.

I think you've got your times a bit mixed up there Libya. Tests played in the eastern states will be finished by 2.00 pm and for this reason i doubt UBC will offer it as ppv. They wouldn't get enough subscribers to make it profitable. So it looks like we will need to find a bar that shows the South African super sports channels to watch it.

Yes: Good point: I was mistaken. It seems early starts will be the norm. I will have to set my alarm clock and watch the ashes for breakfast. I suppose there must be a site with the start times and the relation to GMT: I will start looking..................

HOPE THIS HELPS.BEEN ON TO UBC TONIGHT AND THIS VERY NICE LADY TOLD ME THAT THE CRICKET WILL BE ON CHANNEL 71 PPV.COST PER TEST MATCH 400 BHT.IF YOU HAVE ALL 5 TESTS 1600BHT .A SAVING OF 400BHT.SHE SAID MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW BUT THATS WE REALLY NEED TO KNOW.COME ON YOU POMS :o