Who's driving a Chevy Trailblazer ?

Hello,

I would like to have reports from Trailblazer owners, please tell me if you are satisfied or not with this vehicule.

Thanks to give details about technical problems or other strange things that might happen and also of course good things you enjoy with this Chevy SUV.

I wanted to buy one 2years ago but didn't sold my other car yet. This year I looked and test many other cars.. I still got much interrest in this one, so please share your experience.

And is a second hand one a good option here ?

I don't own one, but I do have a question and some advice smile.png

You say you've also tested many other cars - what is it about the Trailblazer that attracts you to it, or it does better than Everest, Pajero Sport, Fortuner and MU-X?

And the advice: There is a heavily updated version of the Trailblazer coming soon - most probably within the next 3 months, but for sure this year.

Edited by IMHO

You say you've also tested many other cars - what is it about the Trailblazer that attracts you to it, or it does better than Everest, Pajero Sport, Fortuner and MU-X?

And the advice: There is a heavily updated version of the Trailblazer coming soon - most probably within the next 3 months, but for sure this year.

What attracts me to it is the look of it, the power of the engine, the space for last range seats and the total price of it, also there is a manual gear box version that might be a good option : total price 1M thb.

I don't like fortuner at all... but yes, I am also looking at the Pajero and MU-X, didn't test them yet, but they are more expensive and don't have manual gear box available.

Thanks for the tip on the New trailblazer version coming soon !

One thing to bear in mind is that the new version will likely come with a price bump, and given the overall slow sales of the model, could also come with some paring down of the variants offered as well.

post-81192-0-36338500-1462676978_thumb.j

Edited by seedy
large foto

I think the Everest is a significantly better option - but there's a waiting list.

.. and no way to get in with MT.

Not sure why the OP wants MT, he doesn't appear to be looking at 4x4 models, so he must just be nostalgic ;)

The answer to your question in the title: Nobody.

About buying second hand cars here - they are just not good value. Better to buy new if you can.

I think the Everest is a significantly better option - but there's a waiting list.

Nice.. so it might ghosts driving them all around CM.. I guess !

Everest is just too expensive and I don't like the look of it neither.

.. and no way to get in with MT.

Not sure why the OP wants MT, he doesn't appear to be looking at 4x4 models, so he must just be nostalgic wink.png

You're right, I am maybe nostalgic and don't want to change for now. I am just used to drive manual since 25 years now and each time I have to use auto, it's painfull for me.

I don't need 4*4 at all, I am just riding on the roads !

Article in today's Australian media regarding new Trailblazer. Sounds like a pretty superficial update?

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/holden-confirms-trailblazer-suv-20160506-googry.html

Article in today's Australian media regarding new Trailblazer. Sounds like a relatively superficial update?

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/holden-confirms-trailblazer-suv-20160506-googry.html

According to the article, they have gone for the tacky North American design language, so should sell OK here and in Aus.

Key among the changes is a completely re-designed exterior that employs a familiar style used among General Motors' American-centric SUVs with more chrome trim and LED driving lights and with what Holden calls a "sophisticated colour palette".
"more chrome", for sure that will work good here !
And more luxurious interior, will bring the price up ... olders versions might have a discount then..? that could be interesting, because having a 100k+ thb LCD Multimedia screen installed by manufacturer is something I don't want, just give me a basic setup, I'll purchase Android Blupunkt or Pionneer one for 15k thb which will be much more efficient, including rear camera and sensors.

Article in today's Australian media regarding new Trailblazer. Sounds like a relatively superficial update?

According to the article, they have gone for the tacky North American design language, so should sell OK here and in Aus.

You never know, the Australian interpretation of US design language worked out OK for the Ranger/Everest.

You never know, the Australian interpretation of US design language worked out OK for the Ranger/Everest.

Luckily the WT does without the Drongo Chic plastic chrome adornments.

About buying second hand cars here - they are just not good value. Better to buy new if you can.

I see plenty of one year old vehicles such as wildtrak that are advertised 300k less than new. Seems 2nd hand is not what it was a few years ago.

Article in today's Australian media regarding new Trailblazer. Sounds like a pretty superficial update?

It's more then just a restyling job, changes include: uprated engines, new body mounts to improve NVH, updated dash design and modern infotainment system, improved ride quality, a full set of airbags (top spec only though I expect), and new active safety aids bringing up to Everest and PJS tech levels there.

Maybe Zendo likes the idea of a Chevy Bow Tie on the grill to give him a hardon whistling.gif

I am sorry that my english isn't as good as yours.. so I didn't get the joke.. can you try to explain it please, I am sure that I am loosing something really interresting here.

BUT : coming back to the TOPIC please, If someone has a trailblazer and drive it, I'll be delighted to have premium infos from users.. chatting without having one is not what I asked for, thanks in advance.

My Trail Blazer is over 3 years old. I am satisfied with it. The speed-o-meter has 62,000 Km. Service from dealer here in Rayong is very good. Recommended oil changes is 20,000 Km. I change oil and filter approx every 10,000 Km. My warranty has expired so I have the local Shell Station do my oil changes. I am very happy with my trail blazer. I do not have the factory installed GPS and premium sound package. Or The Back up camera. Price was 1,2 to 1.3 million. The diesel engine is 2.8 Lt. Good power. I get approx 10 to 12 Km per Ltr of diesel fuel. Prices at the dealer are fair that is for labor and parts. The engine is built to last approx 250,000 miles That will give me many years to operation. I actually think with good maintenance practices it will exceed all my expectations. I have been a Chevy since my first car that was a 61 chevy impala with a 283 Ci engine. I had a 67 Chevy impala custio coupe with the SS package the engine was 427 Ci 400 Horse Power. I have also owned Chevy Pickup trucks. Every Chevrolet I have ever owned had very little problems. I recommend Chevy but the final choice is yours. I am very happy with every Chevy I have ever owned.

Ace of Pop used to have one - maybe he can give some input.

The furthest I got was a test drive - the noisy-as-a-kubota engine, awful D-Max dash, interior color scheme, and general lack of refinement all over turned me off pretty quickly. The updated version promises to improve on those areas though.

The new version styling is a major improvement in my eyes. Can the ride quality, noise and interior finishes make it a contender though?

Buying secondhand has worked fine for me, and saved me a lot of money.

I used to buy new cars,until I realised as soon as I drove them away from the dealership, they were losing 20% of their value.

Thais buy new because it's part of their culture. No need for falangs to do so.

The main challenge here is to find a good mechanic who won't rip you off for servicing.

Thanks for your report, I also test drive it 2 years ago, and I didn't notice the sound.. it's a diesel "truck" after all^^ but yes, I found that plastics were a bit cheap, but seems to be strong and durable. Better finition are available in the Compact SUV one : Captiva and New Captiva, But it's way more smaller and way more expensive than the TrailBlazer

And I really like the look, exterior design of this car (old version) and the space inside, specially for 6th-7th seater.

I used to buy new cars,until I realised as soon as I drove them away from the dealership, they were losing 20% of their value.

The main challenge here is to find a good mechanic who won't rip you off for servicing.

I cried few month ago when I sold my car in EU that had around 38.000km (diesel) and less than 4 years old, in brand new quality with still 1 +1/2 years insurance.

Price droped 35%... and the guy was really happy yo buy it.. so now i really think I am going to be this guy instead of having brand new, I don't really care in fact.. I just want a good ride and save money if possible.

When I bought my car here in LOS, 5 years ago Second hand were so expensive, i coulnd't believe it, and also I got the first car government discount of 100K.THB that helps to buy brand new.

But now, like you said, it's easy to find almost new ones for a decent price mostly coming from people who can't afford their credit bills anymore, so I start to really look for this option seriously and enjoy premium options for free !

Edited by Zendo

It's more then just a restyling job, changes include: uprated engines, new body mounts to improve NVH, updated dash design and modern infotainment system, improved ride quality, a full set of airbags (top spec only though I expect), and new active safety aids bringing up to Everest and PJS tech levels there.

Can you start a thread on it? I only like the everest but i cant justify that kind of money on a car. I like the styling of chevy so if they had an actual decent car i would probably trade in my hrv and switch over eventually.

Most thais (like us) buy new because the loan has lower interest. Nothing to do with "culture"

I bought a top of the line Trailblazer in the middle of 2015. LTZ1 2.8L 4WD.

In most all respects, I couldn't be more pleased with it. I love having the rear camera for backing up. I like the stereo, DVD player, electronics, etc.

Lots of room in back. Seats 7 comfortably.

Chevy service has been wonderful. Early on, I requested an English language manual via their website. A nice lad called me the next day and explained that she will order one for me. he had it delivered to my work address, and then called me to ensure that I received it and asked if there was anything else she could do for me. She then called me a couple of months later and asked me how I was doing with teh car and if there was anything else she could help me with. Incredible service!

The car rides well, handles well, has good pick-up, with 200hp. I get about 960kms range on a tank of fuel, and the electronic gauge accurately displays how many kms I can travel based on the fuel I still have.

The only thing I don't like is the GPS software and map. The map is from Q1 2013 and there's no update available. The routing is sometimes very strange. Even if the routing is good, it overestimates by about a factor of 2 the time it will take to get to your destination. For example, a four hour trip is estimated to be 8 hours. It seems to assume that you will only go about 50kms per hour on highways outside of Bangkok. Chevy said that there's no map update available nor software update, so it's something I have to live with.

Overall, I'm very pleased with it and have no regrets.

Zendo - you expect us to only comment on things we know something about? You must be new to Thai Visa. biggrin.png

Not really new, but an irreducible dreamer.. sometimes I can feel really stupid, you are right to say that !

And I have a bunch of Garlic . its works for vampires... so, why not for Trolls !

Edited by Zendo

I bought a top of the line Trailblazer in the middle of 2015. LTZ1 2.8L 4WD.

In most all respects, I couldn't be more pleased with it. I love having the rear camera for backing up. I like the stereo, DVD player, electronics, etc.

Lots of room in back. Seats 7 comfortably.

Chevy service has been wonderful. Early on, I requested an English language manual via their website. A nice lad called me the next day and explained that she will order one for me. he had it delivered to my work address, and then called me to ensure that I received it and asked if there was anything else she could do for me. She then called me a couple of months later and asked me how I was doing with teh car and if there was anything else she could help me with. Incredible service!

The car rides well, handles well, has good pick-up, with 200hp. I get about 960kms range on a tank of fuel, and the electronic gauge accurately displays how many kms I can travel based on the fuel I still have.

The only thing I don't like is the GPS software and map. The map is from Q1 2013 and there's no update available. The routing is sometimes very strange. Even if the routing is good, it overestimates by about a factor of 2 the time it will take to get to your destination. For example, a four hour trip is estimated to be 8 hours. It seems to assume that you will only go about 50kms per hour on highways outside of Bangkok. Chevy said that there's no map update available nor software update, so it's something I have to live with.

Overall, I'm very pleased with it and have no regrets.

Nice to ear that.. So now if you want top notch system for GPS and much much more, like live torque viewer for example => upgrade it to an android branded system and you'll be dilighted I think ! that doesn't cost much, let's say 15.000 thb included installation for premium one, for that price you also have rear and front sensors installed, because camera is not always enough on my opinion.

something like this => http://autopc.eu/chevrolet-trailblazer/141-smarty-classic-chevrolet-trailblazer-s10-android-car-stereo-dvd-gps-oem-fit-in-dash-head-unit.html

Edited by Zendo