Who's driving a Chevy Trailblazer ?

The new model will not require you to fix it with aftermarket accessories that might impact your warranty though wink.png

Warranty for audio system ? impacted by upgrade ? well I doubt much of the effects by doing so, specially on a model that is not under warranty anymore ! lol

Used Cars in TH are of course a alternative. Prices erodes dramatically,but don't buy from private Owner, choose brand Representations. Almost all car makers in Thailand offer used vehicles at reasonable terms which warranty. . (Toyota: Sure / Honda: Certified used cars etc) These vehicles come back from leasing; many Thais can no longer meet their monthly payments and the Thai auto industry has decided to buy these cars from lessee.Now the garages are flooded with vehicles .... good for the price

The answer to your question in the title: Nobody.

About buying second hand cars here - they are just not good value. Better to buy new if you can.

I think the Everest is a significantly better option - but there's a waiting list.

Buying secondhand has worked fine for me, and saved me a lot of money.

I used to buy new cars,until I realised as soon as I drove them away from the dealership, they were losing 20% of their value.

Thais buy new because it's part of their culture. No need for falangs to do so.

The main challenge here is to find a good mechanic who won't rip you off for servicing.

Most thais (like us) buy new because the loan has lower interest. Nothing to do with "culture"

I thought it was because they know that none of them bother with proper/any servicing so want to get the maximum mileage out of the vehicle before the engine seizes.

I think red plate is something you BUY for good amount of money, and you can keep it for the next vehicule.

How could anybody drive a car here without a red plate.. pff ^^ LOOSERS ! => joke :)

I think red plate is something you BUY for good amount of money, and you can keep it for the next vehicule.

How could anybody drive a car here without a red plate.. pff ^^ LOOSERS ! => joke smile.png

This guy near my house has a honda freed, i left thailand for a few years a little while ago and came back, he still has those damn redplates lol.

he's about 5'1

Yes.. first I was told that that this red plate is given when you buy the car without credit, full cash one payment... but in fact it seems that it's not the case.. you buy it once, separatly from the car and use it as long as you want, you can even use it to your new cars.. has to be confirmed.. SO COOOL for dummies ^^

Honda Freed is already so HI-SO, with a Red plate, it's the top of the "kitsch" !

Zendo, I purchased a new fully loaded 2014 LTZ-1 with all the bells and whistles... Absolutely love it, we have over 40K KM on it and haven't had any issues at all... Just did the 2nd full service and was very pleased with the service and price... I also had a new battery installed as it was getting weak... I tank this car on many long trips, the GPS is a heaven sent must have in my opinion... I upgraded the body trim with after market kit from "Conception", they did a great job on it.. Added burl walnut trim to the interior and it really is an awesome ride and looks great... I am a very pro Ford driver... I own a 2015 Explorer in the states and it is very nice too... The Everest is very much like the Explorer... What I really disliked about the everest is it is a large chunk of Baht more and there isn't a factory GPS option... The command center looks exactly the same as my Explorer but no Nav and none available... For that premium price I would expect everything in the price... One a side note the 1st year of the Trailblazer the Nav was not an factory option, but they did some major retooling in 1 year and improved the engine, the transmission and the electronics to give you what they have today, a very well rounded car...The leg room for the rear seats in much better on the Chevy too... I would skip the manual tranny the automatic is smooth and very nice to drive!!!!

I bought a top of the line Trailblazer in the middle of 2015. LTZ1 2.8L 4WD.

In most all respects, I couldn't be more pleased with it. I love having the rear camera for backing up. I like the stereo, DVD player, electronics, etc.

Lots of room in back. Seats 7 comfortably.

Chevy service has been wonderful. Early on, I requested an English language manual via their website. A nice lad called me the next day and explained that she will order one for me. he had it delivered to my work address, and then called me to ensure that I received it and asked if there was anything else she could do for me. She then called me a couple of months later and asked me how I was doing with teh car and if there was anything else she could help me with. Incredible service!

The car rides well, handles well, has good pick-up, with 200hp. I get about 960kms range on a tank of fuel, and the electronic gauge accurately displays how many kms I can travel based on the fuel I still have.

The only thing I don't like is the GPS software and map. The map is from Q1 2013 and there's no update available. The routing is sometimes very strange. Even if the routing is good, it overestimates by about a factor of 2 the time it will take to get to your destination. For example, a four hour trip is estimated to be 8 hours. It seems to assume that you will only go about 50kms per hour on highways outside of Bangkok. Chevy said that there's no map update available nor software update, so it's something I have to live with.

Overall, I'm very pleased with it and have no regrets.

The only thing I don't like is the GPS software and map. The map is from Q1 2013 and there's no update available. The routing is sometimes very strange. Even if the routing is good, it overestimates by about a factor of 2 the time it will take to get to your destination. For example, a four hour trip is estimated to be 8 hours. It seems to assume that you will only go about 50kms per hour on highways outside of Bangkok. Chevy said that there's no map update available nor software update, so it's something I have to live with.

Nice to ear that.. So now if you want top notch system for GPS and much much more, like live torque viewer for example => upgrade it to an android branded system and you'll be dilighted I think ! that doesn't cost much, let's say 15.000 thb included installation for premium one, for that price you also have rear and front sensors installed, because camera is not always enough on my opinion.

something like this => http://autopc.eu/chevrolet-trailblazer/141-smarty-classic-chevrolet-trailblazer-s10-android-car-stereo-dvd-gps-oem-fit-in-dash-head-unit.html

This looks really great, but I don't know if it would fit a Thailand Trailblazer. Doesn't Chevy use the same names for different vehicles in different countries?

Hello FarangRimPing, this was just an exemple it might not fit for your model, that's right, but just go to any car tuning / upgrader shop and they will tell you that within a minute and change what is necessary to fit any Audio/GPS system in it, you can also do it yourself and buy it online on aliexpress .. but I won't recommand it as they work good here, fast and cheap for this kind of work. In Chiang Mai there are so many shops like this, just ask them : they can do anything !

look at this, for example, available for thailand : http://www.alpine-asia.com/AlpineStyle/11-CHEVROLET-TRAILBLAZER

top notch sound and gps system isn't it ?! But it's not an android device, I recommand Android one, that's the best for now with this kind of applications inside :

http://www.techradar.com/news/car-tech/satnav/these-are-the-10-best-apps-to-use-in-your-car-1305776

Also, I loooked at this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NryBwk3MQDw

And it seems that you can pair your phone with the mylink system installed : so you can use all the android / iphones App that you want and no need to change your system then.

Edited by Zendo

Ive { thefamily} have had an old early Spivo,8/9 years ago. now worth 500 K, and Blazer, aint much difference, a trucks a truck. Nice bits on both. i liked the Chevy more cause Tuna Folk drive like prats, and have big heads generally, but not all.!!....Got a good price for the Blazer, and got the lad a Honda HRV. All nice lest you want to argue about F/A.

I used to own one. Wouldn't recommend it. Buy a Toyota instead.

Thank you for your report, can you explain a bit more about your deception and your recommandation, are you talking about the Fortuner ?

Ive { thefamily} have had an old early Spivo,8/9 years ago. now worth 500 K, and Blazer, aint much difference, a trucks a truck. Nice bits on both. i liked the Chevy more cause Tuna Folk drive like prats, and have big heads generally, but not all.!!....Got a good price for the Blazer, and got the lad a Honda HRV. All nice lest you want to argue about F/A.

Sorry, I am not native english speaker so I need some precisions :

Tuna Folk... I guess it's Fortuner Toyota ? I am right ?

What lad means ? and What is F/A ?

I had a Trailblazer about 3 years ago, full options. I was attracted by the space it has, although I was wrong, the trunk is not flat and the rear seats don't fold down totally. Other brands do that better.

But after 1 year I sold it happily, it was just too agricultural for me; very loud and uncultivated engine, impossible handling and irresponsive steering.

Not sure I did the right thing when I bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee instead. Horrible service and lousy build quality. Sold it again after one year.

Now a Range Rover is in my car park - I know, I know: different league - and couldn't be happier. Totally reliable (surprise!) and excellent handling and great engine (V8, 4.4 L Diesel)

In Jock land a lad is also a laddie.

If you ask a laddie a question, he may reply its got F/A to do with you.

Your partner Kano will be along soon to perform the technical editing

thank you.. but I am even more lost with theses explanations : Google told me about "laddie", that is a kid isn't it ?

but for F/A I found that :

F/A Acronym Definition F/A Fighter/Attack F/A Flight Attendant F/A Free Agent F/A Fuel Assembly F/A Full Arc F/A

Fluorescein Angiogramic Angiography

so.. really I don't understand what you guys are saying.. Sorry ^^

I had a Trailblazer about 3 years ago, full options. I was attracted by the space it has, although I was wrong, the trunk is not flat and the rear seats don't fold down totally. Other brands do that better.

But after 1 year I sold it happily, it was just too agricultural for me; very loud and uncultivated engine, impossible handling and irresponsive steering.

Not sure I did the right thing when I bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee instead. Horrible service and lousy build quality. Sold it again after one year.

Now a Range Rover is in my car park - I know, I know: different league - and couldn't be happier. Totally reliable (surprise!) and excellent handling and great engine (V8, 4.4 L Diesel)

Thank you for theses informations,

You are right that a Range Rover V8 4.4L is not exactly the same type of engine than the Chevy Trailblazer, the budget is also not the same at all.. If I had enough money I'll buy something like a hummer here to feel real safe.

. Lad is Son ,FA is Sweet Fanny Adams, so polite Brits say,but I'm not Brit eather

thank you.. So it seems to be a british Joke. But I don't understand it at all.. still with theses explanations.. nevermind it's not an english course here, thank you for your patience

The lad in this case is his 'son'.

F/A means 'nothing'.

thank you so much Jase the Bass.. NOW I GOT IT smile.png

No worries me ole mucker.

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

I will make a lot of progress in Slang here.. thanks again, for this one google knew it, so I guess I got it by myself.