Thailand elite visa and work permit

Is it possible to apply for a work permit, holding a thailand elite visa (PE) ?

In the case it would not be possible, is there a workaround to applly for a work permit (like with a non-B visa), but WITHOUT loose the PE visa ?

Thank you very much

Mickael

Edited by Mickael182

It is not possible the get a work permit with a PE visa. You would need to get a non-b visa and then an extension based upon working.

Your membership in Thai Elite would still be valid and if you stopped working you could go back to the PE for the remainder of your membership.

Thanks Ubonjoe
Does the extension is really necessary ? As I understand things, the WP gives you the right to work, and the extension give you the right to stay in the country, is that correct ?
Is the following scheme possible : Get a non-B, get a WP, then at the expiration of the non-B ... do something with the immigration to keep going with the PE visa ?

Thanks Ubonjoe

Does the extension is really necessary ? As I understand things, the WP gives you the right to work, and the extension give you the right to stay in the country, is that correct ?

Is the following scheme possible : Get a non-B, get a WP, then at the expiration of the non-B ... do something with the immigration to keep going with the PE visa ?

I very much doubt it (read post 2 ) again.

You could of course address your question to the Thai Elite people and/or immigration

Thanks Ubonjoe

A work permit requires a non immigrant visa entry or an extension of it for the duration of its validity as soon as that entry ends it is no longer valid. The PE visa is not a non immigrant visa.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Ubonjoe

You will not be able to use the PE visa if working.

Why don't you go directly to the source for correct information about this? Thailand Elite has a 24-hour information phone line you can call. You're paying for this service so why not use it.

Also, the info you seek is available on Thailand Elite's website. According to what I've read, not only can you get a work permit, Thailand Elite will assist you in the process.

Why don't you go directly to the source for correct information about this? Thailand Elite has a 24-hour information phone line you can call. You're paying for this service so why not use it.

Also, the info you seek is available on Thailand Elite's website. According to what I've read, not only can you get a work permit, Thailand Elite will assist you in the process.

The TE website is misleading. The OP could apply for a work permit with the PE visa, but it wouldn't be issued until he had an appropriate non immigrant visa. TE would be of little practical help.

• Thanks 1