any kind hearted person wanna do a bloke a favour ?

moose7117

help, i have to find out if this address is legitimate, i am looking at purchasing a parrot or two from a breeder in chiang mai.

if anybody could check tis place out it would be greatly appreciated and there is a possibility of repayment in various liquid beverages.

if you are up for some amateur sleuthing , p.m. me and we can chat.

Rob

You need to be a clearer on what it is exactly you expect. You want a stranger on a forum to try and find a house for you and then knock on the door pretending to be a parrot buyer. Would that be right ?

Your topic reads like emotional blackmail to me, implying anyone who doesn’t want to help you is somehow not kind hearted. Surely if the sale of parrots is indeed legal you would be better off dealing with a certified pet supplier in Bangkok instead of some backyard operation of questionable legitimacy.

well actually all i would like is somebody to see if there is a breeder located at the address, i found a parrot breeder online and i just want to know if there is a shop to match the address.

there are to many scams here and am a bit dubious thats all.

the breeder has been recommended but i just am worried.

rob

yep this is it, i was in negotiations with them and we have hit a major snag.

spoke to a lawyer and he has advised me , after the fact, it is a scam.

i am just wanting somebody to see if this place actually exists before i start legal proceedings.

i would fly up myself and check it out except i am in Australia for the next few months tied up with work, and my lawyer has told me to act quickly.

Rob

I'm not sure why he would tell you that, if they're genuine then they will still be there in a few months.

Why would you buy birds sight unseen from anyone anyway?

Is this normal in that field of interest?

I've just re-read your original post, your story has gone from "looking at purchasing" to "starting legal proceedings".

Hmmm.... rolleyes.gif

If it is a con they have chosen their address well, there are two Phahon Yothin Roads, one stretches the length of the city and the other nearly as far. Finding street numbers is also extremely difficult in older areas which probably explains why no one volunteered to go and look for it.

thanks for the advice, but i am just acting on advice.

as for cost my lawyer will be helping me deal with the police as apparently internet fraud is punishable in Thailand and he is working pro bono, he is a friend, and i would like to see it shut down if it is a scam so that nobody else is a victim.

if anybody could help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

as for cost my lawyer will be helping me deal with the police as apparently internet fraud is punishable in Thailand and he is working pro bono, he is a friend, and i would like to see it shut down if it is a scam so that nobody else is a victim.

Rob

Help get it shut down and you'll get more than a parrot and you won't even see it coming!

Interesting that the OP was willing to put some poor unsuspecting soul in the middle of such a potential mess.bah.gif

Agreed. He wasn't up front about it and was quite happy to send an unsuspecting "kind hearted bloke" to meet up with a con man in whats apparently a scam. Thats pretty disgusting!!

I was not asking anybody to "meet a conman" I was hoping somebody could simply drive by and tell me what is at that address, if it a vacant plot or a factory I can be reasonably assured that it is a scam.

Thank you guys for the useless replies and I hope I get a chance to return the favour one day.

Your starting legal proceedings against a con man ? what do you hope to achieve apart from throwing money at 2 lawyers in different countries?

You'll never prevail in court. the scammer will claim it was the parrot on the phone negotiating the deals.

Your starting legal proceedings against a con man ? what do you hope to achieve apart from throwing money at 2 lawyers in different countries?

You'll never prevail in court. the scammer will claim it was the parrot on the phone negotiating the deals.

cheesy.gifclap2.gif

it no wonder that this forum is dying !

This forum is not dying. It is populated by knowledgable, discerning individuals who are not desperate or pandering.

i am neither desperate or pandering, i am simply asking somebody to do a favour.

and it seems this forum is overpopulated with keyboard warriors that have nothing good to offer except their own self important comments.

thanks for nothing <deleted> !

Rob

Tell you lawyer to politely go away. You are being anally rumped. Forget the birds

If you want someone to investigate for you OP, hire a private investigator instead of trying to embroil an innocent bystander in your potential legal proceedings. How are we the bad guys? We were sitting here minding our own business when you came along trying to get us involved in something without being forthcoming about your intent. We didn't do anything to you, it is the other way around.

I'm not sure why he would tell you that, if they're genuine then they will still be there in a few months.

Why would you buy birds sight unseen from anyone anyway?

Is this normal in that field of interest?

I've just re-read your original post, your story has gone from "looking at purchasing" to "starting legal proceedings".

Hmmm.... rolleyes.gif

OP read the quote above and then read this

"well actually all i would like is somebody to see if there is a breeder located at the address, i found a parrot breeder online and i just want to know if there is a shop to match the address.

there are to many scams here and am a bit dubious thats all.

the breeder has been recommended but i just am worried."

You lied you already knew it was a scam and further more your blaming the forum because you got caught out (tv is dying..). You need to take ownership of that....right? I think you should apologies or move on

• 2 weeks later...

This forum is a joke, or many of you old grumpy guys that married a Thai girl just to stay in Thailand. Sad <deleted>*Ker's that has an opinion about everything and think they know it all...

Archived