Dusit Poll reveals more crimes in Thailand

webfact

Dusit Poll reveals more crimes in the country

BANGKOK, 9 May 2016 (NNT)-A Dusit Poll has revealed most people believe crimes are more frequent in Thai society due to a slow economy and lenient laws.

According to the survey, the majority of respondents also believe drugs and other vices contribute to growing criminal activities, in addition to the sluggish economy.

They want the authorities to take serious action against all crimes. Legal punishments should be harsher in order to stop and prevent future crimes. Parents should also pay more attention to their children's development.

Half the respondents said they don’t feel safe in the street now following the attack on a disabled man by a group of teenagers on Soi Chokchai 4. They claimed the incident was a reflection of how Thai society has become more violent.

The survey revealed that they also hoped that police, the National Council for Peace and Order and the family unit would do more to keep criminal activity at bay.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-05-09 footer_n.gif

hear, hear...

... but please don't forget your own responsibility. In how to raise your kids, how you interact with others, what your values in life are and what those should be. And how you act when you see wrongdoings to yourself and to others...

Edited by EricBerg

hear, hear...

... but please don't forget your own responsibility. In how to raise your kids, how you interact with others, what your values in life are and what those should be. And how you act when you see wrongdoings to yourself and to others...

Please remember this is Thailand, no lala land. Wishful thinking on your part

My Thai wife and I just spent a month in Thailand. We are back in the Middle East now for my job.

Last night, having dinner and discussing our future. Unsolicited, my wife declares, "I don't want to go back Thailand. It is bad there now. Worse than before."

Her perception is that violent crime and the current government are ruining the country.

She is normally not outspoken about these types of things.

Big problems in Thailand....not just the opinion of "whining " expats on TVF.

My Thai wife and I just spent a month in Thailand. We are back in the Middle East now for my job.

Last night, having dinner and discussing our future. Unsolicited, my wife declares, "I don't want to go back Thailand. It is bad there now. Worse than before."

Her perception is that violent crime and the current government are ruining the country.

To put it in perspective, we all think that things were better when we were young.

It's part of becoming older: longing for the past.

To put it in perspective, we all think that things were better when we were young.

Of course. However, my wife's perspective is regarding the last 2 or 3 years, not about longing for her youth.

It is not just crimes which do personal harm to people in Thailand...but the everyday corruption, scams, and outright hostility by many Thais make Thailand a less than desirable place to live...

One can not live on beer and puzzy alone...

It is not just crimes which do personal harm to people in Thailand...but the everyday corruption, scams, and outright hostility by many Thais make Thailand a less than desirable place to live...

One can not live on beer and puzzy alone...

That's pussy ( I forgot the cheesy.gif

Edited by chainarong

They want the authorities to take serious action against all crimes. Probably the funniest shit I have ever read....... because we all know it will never happen.

If the authorities take serious action against all crimes, then the social media will complain the authorities are acting to harsh. The social and foreign news media will complain about the clampdown and want to take it to the UN and the ICJ. cowboy.gif

Of course. However, my wife's perspective is regarding the last 2 or 3 years, not about longing for her youth.

Wives? The only thing we can be certain of, is uncertainty.

My (Thai) wife has lived in the so-called 'most liveable city in the world', Melbourne, Australia for over 30 years. Today Melbourne & Sydney are experiencing similar problems with Alcohol, Youth, Gangs, Knives, Guns, Drugs, Violence. About 8 years ago we stood outside her Mothers House here in the Soi, and she gave Thailand the biggest payout I have ever heard. She hated the place and everything about it, with a passion, and vowed never to return!

Well she has been back a few times since then, for short visits.

Also. Let my 40 YO Thai Daughter, tell you about the racism she experienced when she first went to an all white school in Oz in the 80s, and then again from the Mothers and Kids at the Kindergarten my grandson attended.in recent times

Late last year my wife stayed with me for a couple of days and only half jokingly enquired if I wanted a 'housekeeper.'

You can take the girl out of thailand, but it is often hard to take the Thai out of the girl.

In all my time within the Thai Community, both here and in Oz, very few turned their backs completely on their country. Those who did had extreme very personal reasons for doing so.

Would I ever give up on my country - No way. Would you?

hear, hear...

As mentioned many times before. Thailand needs to instill into its education system. The ability to interact and voice opinions out. This is important in the development of any human being. This will then help the institutions to counteract and educate responsive public behaviour and how to handle it. At the moment they are forced to shut up, accept norms without questioning and there is no outlet for them to question or even voice opinions...this is frowned upon and ssshed. soon the results to resolving any conflict or accidental contact is then voiced physically...they do not know how to interact..let alone talk!..they only learn to shout back and not listen. Habits adopted at home is another area that politicians and society should encourgage.... to stand up and take responsibility for their own actions. or for the home to take action for injustice... Not condone it or run away from it and then blame it on booze and Yaba.... a few excuses and a religious hype. It is mandatory that no one is higher than the law! and those who break it.... no matter who...in the ranks of society, has a consequence to pay. This will curb the increase in unruly behaviour, increased violence and public behaviour. If Thailand is so rich in its culture as it claims then it should show it in its behaviour or else it would end up proving the contrary. Smiles are not enough... Pragmatic action and responsible justice is whats required. Having police who show up after violence has occured on its street is a sign that the force is not pro active. Violence and law breaking are known to everyone after 8;00pm, the times the cops sign off and in local bars that are not regulated by the police. The police seem to have an eye on the foreign bars to pronounce judgement and find a reason to book them, while the local boy bars in the back streets are the festing pots of violence after hours....that the police themselves know but do little to curb. Want to make a change?..... do it properly!

Edited by alanferdi

I think this is some sort of anti-social evolution that is taking place around the world.

Looking at the daily media reports there is no doubt that the world is generally a more violent place.

What I find interesting is that while Thailand's neighbors, Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia are countries with strictly enforced laws, especially regarding capital punishment for drug offenses, while Thailand seem to be stuck in it's Mai Pen Rai mentality from 100 years ago.

It occurs to me that the response to more crime is stricter enforcement/penalties.

Drug traffickers in Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia know its the death penalty if they are caught.

People in Saudi Arabia do not kill because they know they will loose their heads within the week.

They want the authorities to take serious action against all crimes. Probably the funniest shit I have ever read....... because we all know it will never happen.

If the authorities take serious action against all crimes, then the social media will complain the authorities are acting to harsh. The social and foreign news media will complain about the clampdown and want to take it to the UN and the ICJ. cowboy.gif

If the authorities were to take serious action against all crimes, the first thing they would have to do is arrest themselves.

It's true. The crime is pretty bad recently. Just in the previous year I personally know people whose families were murdered in cold blood for land dispute. Another case happened in my neighborhood when a person was shot dead at the intersection waiting at the traffic lights. Thailand might seem safe, but it is not! Severe crimes happen near you a lot recently, but you don't always hear about them because most of them are not reported in the news. I see many angry people nowadays, I see many angry drivers. I used to feel safe 10 years ago, but not now, I don't feel safe as I used to. Especially if you are on the road, it's like playing a lottery. So many dickheads behind the wheel that is scary if you have a family and children!

hear, hear...

Please remember this is Thailand, no lala land. Wishful thinking on your part

Exactly ....

People want change while they want law enforcement and they want law and order...but then, when they are called upon to conform with the laws or regulations and caught doing something illegal they want to by pass the laws and system and pay someone off to make the problem go away.

In other words they never want to accept the responsibilities or liabilities or accountability concerning their own conduct rather have others punished for their conduct.

But that is no surprise and the way it is in every country.

Cheers