Robbers steal 10 million baht from Bangkok Bank’s office in Cha-am

Robbers steal 10 million baht from Bangkok Bank’s office in Cha-am

090509-wpcf_728x409.jpg

CHA-AM: -- Robbers made off with over 10 million baht in cash from a Bangkok Bank’s small branch office in Cha-am district of Petchaburi early Monday morning.

Cha-am district police were rushed to the bank at about 3 am when they were alerted by an alarm. They checked the bank from the outside and its surroundings but did not find anything unusual.

However, bank employees later found out that the vault inside the bank was cut open probably with an electric welding machine.

A police team, led by Pol Col Charoonsak Tohthom, the superintendent of Cha-am district police, was dispatched to the bank for another inspection. This time, the police found out that a door key on the rooftop of the third floor was cut off and the CCTV system as well as the alarming system were damaged.

Later on at about 9.30 am, a police forensic team led by Pol Maj-Gen Surapong Chaichan, the commander of Petchaburi provincial police, arrived at the bank to investigate the break-in.

Police said that the robbers descended on the rooftop of the bank’s building from an adjoining building, broke their way into the third floor where the vault was kept and used an electric welding machine to cut the vault open.

An examination of the CCTV outside the bank showed a suspected pickup truck parking in front of a store beside the bank since 9 pm Saturday night. The truck left about 3 am with its headlights switched off.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/162550

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-05-09

It's appears the robbers had a good five hours until the bank opened to loot the place due to Sgt. Somchai and his inept gang of Clouseaus,

who arrived shortly after 3:00 AM... wai2.gif

Edited by iReason

Ok, these guys knew what the hell they were doing, and how to do it. No rank amateurs here.

I'm not so sure if professionals would park their truck in front of the CCTV.

If it was stolen they would.

It's appears the robbers had a good five hours until the bank opened to loot the place due to Sgt. Somchai and his inept gang of Clouseaus,

Pretty quick compared to the Hatton Garden heist in England, who had enough time to take a day's rest and come back the following night. biggrin.png

To be honest, if no one is injured in any way whatsoever, no one personally loses their money, I say good luck to them. clap2.gif

Edited by Happy Grumpy

Pretty quick compared to the Hatton Garden heist in England, who had enough time to take a day's rest and come back the following night. biggrin.png

To be honest, if no one is injured in any way whatsoever, no one personally loses their money, I say good luck to them. clap2.gif

Condoning robbery, really nice morals you have.

So they are burglars but no robbers, and how can you OPEN something by the use of an electric welding machine?

Their translation is likely off. A Plasma Cutter looks very similar to a welding machine and is used by shops that weld but is actually a very quick and efficient cutting device.

Morals?

Like banks have morals?

Banks, sir, are legalised criminal organisations.

In general, that is.

Ok, these guys knew what the hell they were doing, and how to do it. No rank amateurs here.

And if it had nothing to do with the robbery? Driving off with lights off is not unusual in Thailand. Could just be coincidental that the vehicle was there.

I think banks are far bigger criminals than petty thieves will ever be.

An analogy would be Robin Hood.....he was a hero, wasn't he?

Morals?

Like banks have morals?

In general, that is.

The Central Banks of the world are almost certainly partaking in some form of criminal activity at the expense of the rest of us,

Nothing we can do to stop it but you cannot blame people for having a wry smile - particularly those who understand who banking works and have suffered personally.

Sounds like the perfect crime to me. Over the long holiday weekend they had all the time they needed.

Probably an inside job and maybe one of the tellers or a sec.guard is arrested soon.

Exactly ! And a bank opposite a police box as well as right next door to a motorbike taxi and mini van stop which is occupied/open 24/7 as well and 500 m. from main police station !! A strange case this..

Morals?

Like banks have morals?

In general, that is.

So you greet bank robbery as something positive? What a ridiculous legal understanding. Your clumsy reasoning does not help. Shame on you.....

Now they've sussed out how to do it,there's going to be a lot more copy cat crimes.(Thai style) just like the ATM robberies where the guards just hand over the cash because it isn't their money and don't want to die for it.thai bank security is a joke.i know one of the Hatton garden geezers(very nice bloke) and he would of had the time of his life in Thailand.i can imagine him saying it's harder to take candy from a baby because you've got the mother to deal with.

About 100 years ago when Moby Dick was a goldfish and I worked in a bank, the vaults had sensors on the doors for SHOCK or movement to catch this type of thing.

Maybe Thailand has not become that modern yet?