multiple entry non-imm 0 from Laos based on marriage

I'm British, married to a Thai for seven years. I live in Chiang Mai.

My work permit and nom-imm B visa extension expire on June 2 since i'm stopping work.

My problem: I have only two clear pages left in my passport.

One solution I'm interested in may be to exit the country and my visa then expires. I then apply for a non-imm O visa three month multiple entry valid for one year based on my marriage. I know i don't need funds for this option, but what i don't know is what embassies i can go to in the region. I believe Suvannaket, but not sure how i get there from Chiang Mai. If Penang there may be a direct flight from Chiang Mai.

Can anyone tell me the best flight option for a Thai embassy that will issue such a visa to me? I'm continuing to do my research, but this post is part of that research!

Will the visa into that country plus the visa issued by the Thai embassy be possible in two pages of my passport?

I could go back to England for a sudden holiday, and get the visa from the London Thai embassy... any problems with this option? While there i could of course get a new passport quickly.

Many thanks.

Do you have any partial pages for entry and entry stamps. Only 2 pages would make tight to get a Lao visa and Thai visa.

I think your best option is to apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife at CM immigration. That would give you plenty of time to get a new passport. Recent reports I have seen lately is that it is only taking 2 or 3 weeks at the most to get a new one now after your apply in Bangkok.

• Like 1

Just only the two pages ubonjoe. Maybe a third somewhere too. That 60 day extension is one option for sure. But i'm currently waiting to find out if that can be done on a non-imm B visa.

Right now i've thought of going to Penang Thai embassy. Leave Thailand and my age-old visa with 12 years of extensions is finally brought to an end. Then get either a three month non-imm O single entry or multiple entry if i can, by using my marraige certificate. Then i can get my new passport once i get back home to CM.

I could also fly back to UK to get my new passport there, and then go to the London Thai embassy to get the same visa.

Question: is it easy to get these three month multiple entry non-imm O visas with all the appropriate marriage documents in Penand and/or London, or anywhere? I'm completely new to having to get my own visas after 24 years in the kingdom!!!

Just only the two pages ubonjoe. Maybe a third somewhere too. That 60 day extension is one option for sure. But i'm currently waiting to find out if that can be done on a non-imm B visa.

Right now i've thought of going to Penang Thai embassy. Leave Thailand and my age-old visa with 12 years of extensions is finally brought to an end. Then get either a three month non-imm O single entry or multiple entry if i can, by using my marraige certificate. Then i can get my new passport once i get back home to CM.

I could also fly back to UK to get my new passport there, and then go to the London Thai embassy to get the same visa.

Question: is it easy to get these three month multiple entry non-imm O visas with all the appropriate marriage documents in Penand and/or London, or anywhere? I'm completely new to having to get my own visas after 24 years in the kingdom!!!

The 60 day extension can be applied for any type of entry or extension. You can certainly apply for it to extend your current extension.

It is easy to get non-o visas based upon marriage.

To apply for a multiple entry non-o in Penang you would need to show 100k baht in the bank or have proof of income. No financial proof would be needed for a single entry.

You can get multiple entry non-o with no financial proof in Savannakhet or at the embassy in London.

You also have the option to appy for a one year extension based upon marriage. You would need 400k baht in the bank for 2 months on the date you apply or have proof of 40k baht income.

Many thanks for your time ubonjoe!

I've had 400k in my bank all year in anticipation of going for the 12 month extension, but just two pages in my passport is causing me ructions.

I then thought that getting a multiple entry non-O would be a good option. So if 100k is needed i can do this in Penang, and that's much easier than going to Suvannaket from CM! How much space would that visa take up in my passport do you know?

One other thing if i may trouble you with... if i just leave the country before June 2 which is when my current (non-imm B) extension and work permit will expire, do i need to bother with the termination letter that my workplace will write? I guess that's only needed if i want to extend on the existing visa? It seems to me that i if go to Malaysia or UK, they will just give me an exit stamp and then i get a new visa to start again. Is my logic flawed?!

Many thanks for your time ubonjoe!

I've had 400k in my bank all year in anticipation of going for the 12 month extension, but just two pages in my passport is causing me ructions.

I then thought that getting a multiple entry non-O would be a good option. So if 100k is needed i can do this in Penang, and that's much easier than going to Suvannaket from CM! How much space would that visa take up in my passport do you know?

One other thing if i may trouble you with... if i just leave the country before June 2 which is when my current (non-imm B) extension and work permit will expire, do i need to bother with the termination letter that my workplace will write? I guess that's only needed if i want to extend on the existing visa? It seems to me that i if go to Malaysia or UK, they will just give me an exit stamp and then i get a new visa to start again. Is my logic flawed?!

Two pages is enough to apply for the one year extension. You could apply when your job ends. You just change the reason for your extension.

You would need a letter stating your job ends on on the date you apply for it.