My dolls saved me and my wife says lucky Thai driver

My dolls saved me and my wife says lucky Thai driver

post-137452-0-03268700-1462802370_thumb.

Image: Thairath

CHONBURI:-- A man who had ten 'luuk thep' dolls in the back of his pick-up said that the dolls had saved the lives of himself and his wife in a four car collision on the Chonburi motorway on Monday morning.

Highway police called to the accident at 3am found a Honda Civic and a pick-up that had collided and hit the central barrier. Following this two taxis had gone into the cars blocking the road. A total of five people were injured and taken to hospital, reports Thairath.

Driver of the Toyota pick-up Jamnian Sukcharoen said that the Civic had hit him on the right side causing him to lose control. The driver of the Civic said that he had fallen asleep at the wheel.

Police saw that there were several luuk thep dolls in the back of the pick-up. Jamnian said that he was on his way to Rayong and from time to time the ten dolls had sat on his wife's lap. He said it was because of the dolls that they were not more seriously injured and the dolls caused them to leave their vehicle before the taxis smashed into them afterwards.

The accident happened at km 51 on the side going towards Chonburi.

Some Thai people look after luuk thep dolls as if they were their own children.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-09

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid man-child will have a shock when he gets a new vehicle and finds out it was actually the lucky right rear outer door handle that saved him. If only he'd kept the lucky right rear outer door handle. Instead, there he goes in his new pick-up with all his silly dolls into that tree.

Anyone wanna buy a lucky right rear outer door handle?

Jesus, and this moron has a driving licence?

"Jesus".......and you question this chaps sanity?
jjjJjj

I was telling some Thai friends about Jesus and his mother. They didn't believe the Virgin Mary bit. They said she probably had a gik or that even her husband Joe might have been the father. I told them I thought they were probably right, but in the First World millions of farangs believe it to be true.

They didn't really buy the Easter story either.

Jesus, and this moron has a driving licence?

"Jesus".......and you question this chaps sanity?
jjjJjj

I was telling some Thai friends about Jesus and his mother. They didn't believe the Virgin Mary bit. They said she probably had a gik or that even her husband Joe might have been the father. I told them I thought they were probably right, but in the First World millions of farangs believe it to be true.

They didn't really buy the Easter story either.

What did their luuk thep dolls think?

Think the guy is not so smart.

If he had bought the correct, Amulet from somchai,

He would not have had the accident in the first place.

Dolls are just not up to the job.

Silly billy wai2.gif

Edited by onemorechang

Was there really enough traffic at 3am on that road to cause a multi-vehicle pile-up?

Was it not just that all four drivers were asleep (or playing with their mobile phones)?

Oh for goodness sake, why do you have to bring logic into this ?

People will now start posting all other sorts of logical reasons.

The driver of the Civic said that he had fallen asleep at the wheel.

So admitting this makes it acceptable ?

And is there any "Science" behind these dolls preventing serious injury ?

He said they did isn't that scientific enough for you?

At least one eatery in Bangkok has cashed in on the trend. Neta Grill said earlier this week it is offering meals for "luk theps" at child rates, adding that the restaurant is "open to all worshippers".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-35416537

“How have we arrived at this point?” one local police chief asked to the Straits Times.

He’s not the only one confused by the trend. In the Post editorial, author Veera Prateepchaikul declared that the Luk Thep doll “makes Thai people appear like they have only half their brain functioning.” The trend was started last year by celebrities who, as Veera put it, “may be rich and look great physically but, mentally, they are more often like infants themselves.” Those posted pictures of themselves with their special companions, and the rest is history.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2740987/dolls-possessed-by-dead-children-called-luk-thep-are-good-luck-angels-in-thailand/

When my friends who have not been to Thailand ask me what they should know about the place, I tell them always remember Thailand is NOT a foreign country. It is a distant planet. If you think there is any chance of developing a true understanding of their culture, you are wrong! In my humble opinion, the Luk Thep phenomenon, is just another example of how a percentage of the population is unable or unwilling to think for themselves. A celebrity has one, so I should have one too. The celebrity is rich, has great fortune and is handsome or beautiful. If I get one of these dolls, maybe I can become just like them.

Edited by spidermike007

Just a "passing fad", I suspect in a few years all these dolls will be going for 20 baht on the local sidewalk second hand markets.

Though incidents like these may very well "bring them back".

Time for a lookthep revival!