Harbor Mall Is Buzzing!

patsfangr

Every time I pass that new Hawaiian restaurant there's been 0 customers inside. The staff looks bored. They offer 40% discount off dishes in the weekends. Sorry but I'll give this place maximum 3 months before they have to close down. Unless someone inform Hawaiian /US expats that such a place exists. The Thais are clearly not interested.

Maybe Hawaiian food isn't very spicy ?

I applaud the owner for trying a new food concept but maybe it's just too "foreign" for the locals. Even I have no concept of Hawaiian food and have not bothered to stop in.

• Like 1

Even with the limited amount of people using this place in the future.

Think there will be some serious vehicle congestion caused with people coming from Sukhumvet side attempting to turn

into this place, think the tunnel will have an impact on this place as well, possible barriers stopping the right turns down this main road in the future.

Just a thought on the location of this Mall wai2.gif

They've been doing this on weekends. However, I don't think it helps in the long run. People just pass it, and turn in to Foodland, make a loop onto their exit road, turn left onto Suk, and into Harbor right next door. Just creates TWO turn snags (right into FL, and left out of FL) instead of just one right turn into Harbor. unsure.png

Bizarre behaviour. As if making 2 extra turns and trying to break across/into 2 extra lines of traffic makes for faster access to Harbor. I think it's more like impatient w^nkers coming down from Sukhumvit and seeing a line trying to turn right into HM, go past and turn into FL instead to make their 'u-turn' and then totally bugger up the access to both venues.

They haven't found a solution to the similar traffic snarls on Beach and Second when 2 or 3 lanes of Central-bound traffic try and turn left into the single-lane parking access. There's a sign on Beach that indicates the left-hand lane is for Central customers once they pass the Klang t-junction and sometimes the cops put a line of cones out but nothing consistent or ENFORCED, even with the gridlock right outside their front door on Beach.

Solution? Visit during the week ONLY like most sensible sorts have been doing for at least 3 years already, even before the tunnel disruption.

Back again today, this time to Kidzoona, the play area for smaller kids on 5th floor. My fears about the prices going back up to normal after special offer for April were unfounded (normal price Bt.320/child with special offer of Bt.100/child in April). Current weekday special price for May Bt.150/child and Bt.40/adult for unlimited time so still a good deal.

Don't know if it has been mentioned already but just went to connect the wife's new phone to my mobile hotspot and noticed a Harbourfree option which seems to work perfectly.

Note to self: call into Au Bon Pain and suffer another 55baht pecan cake. Yummy!!!

On the motorbike not the car.

I have to say the coffee shops are in a great location there, at the front of the mall. Au Bon, Starbucks (don't like them really) & Coffee Club.

I'm debating myself now whether to pop up there for a coffee or not....

• Like 1

Every time I pass that new Hawaiian restaurant there's been 0 customers inside. The staff looks bored. They offer 40% discount off dishes in the weekends. Sorry but I'll give this place maximum 3 months before they have to close down. Unless someone inform Hawaiian /US expats that such a place exists. The Thais are clearly not interested.

Maybe Hawaiian food isn't very spicy

I applaud the owner for trying a new food concept but maybe it's just too "foreign" for the locals. Even I have no concept of Hawaiian food and have not bothered to stop in.

Spam and Gravy over rice with an egg, yawn

Note to self: call into Au Bon Pain and suffer another 55baht pecan cake. Yummy!!!

Try the one at Index, it's never busy.

Agreed. If you are a darksider, come into Index the back way off Klang through Welcome Town (newish moribund strip mall), have a very peaceful and uncrowded coffee moment before a simple left turn onto Sukhumvit and on home via the Highway 7 spur.

Try the one at Index, it's never busy.

Agreed. If you are a darksider, come into Index the back way off Klang through Welcome Town (newish moribund strip mall), have a very peaceful and uncrowded coffee moment before a simple left turn onto Sukhumvit and on home via the Highway 7 spur.

At least in the morning, it's just as easy to go to Harbor and the ABP there is larger and much more comfortable. (The Index branch faces East and often gets bright sunlight and very warm due to inadequate air conditioning. I've also been attacked by mossies there on several occasions) In addition, the Harbor branch provides free daily Bangkok Post and The Nation newspapers (and Thai paper if you have a Thai partner with you. One can also do some grocery shopping at either Max Value or FL afterwards.

• 1 year later...

hard to describe it as buzzing when you have the windows of the closed down coffee shop outside covered in brown paper and now immediately next door as of this morning (6 of March) SCB   bank vacating the premises ?:sad:let's see who ends up going in that space

Edited by Asiantravel

Maybe Hawaiian food isn't very spicy ?

The Hawaiian restaurant is long gone.

Don’t mind going there too much now they have Khao Soi in the food court area - the offerings were getting pretty sparse prior to that.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I went several weeks ago looking at photography equipment on the IT floors, but left very disappointed.  I thought traffic would pick up when the tunnel construction was completed but that is not the case. At 12:00, using the word quiet would be a a misnomer, even the air conditioning was turned off. I was always interested in the proposed gym but that looks like it will never happen. Future looks bleak. 

The only reason to go there for Thai families seem to be the upper floors , and children activities like ice skating , winter park etc..    But how can the mall survive on that alone .   

Edited by balo