Harbor Mall Is Buzzing!

patsfangr

All business have a flurry of activity when they first start

Lets see how well its doing in 1 or 2 years time.

its in the wrong location. wai2.gif

How do you mean? What would be the 'right' location?

if you like the location, up to you. facepalm.gif

it will be MT in 2 years

Bigger better will come in better location. wai2.gif

Edited by onemorechang

How do you mean? What would be the 'right' location?

if you like the location, up to you. facepalm.gif

it will be MT in 2 years

Bigger better will come in better location. wai2.gif

I have no opinion on the location but you have.

You claim it is in the 'wrong' location but you can't tell us what you think is the 'right' location, so what is your idea of the 'better' location?

Never mind, I see your subsequent post suggesting Beach Road. I guess the weekend gridlock that has resulted since Central Festival opened and the double-parked tour buses for the island tourists on Beach Road hasn't come up on your radar yet.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 2

CENTRAL ROAD, you know, the main road that goes thru the middle of town? Intersects with Sukhumvit, 3rd. Rd., 2nd Rd. & Beach Rd. is a bad location? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Tell me more.

i would call beach road a good location for a small mall.

and you think central road. .up near sukhumvet good for a small mall cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

RIGHT ON MATE whistling.gifcheesy.gifwhistling.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by onemorechang

CENTRAL ROAD, you know, the main road that goes thru the middle of town? Intersects with Sukhumvit, 3rd. Rd., 2nd Rd. & Beach Rd. is a bad location? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Tell me more.

and you think central road. .up near sukhumvet good for a small mall cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

They named the Road, "CENTRAL ROAD" because it is CENTRALLY located in the CENTER of town....Are you getting it?blink.pngclap2.gif

Some people, very dumb people, might consider the CENTER OF TOWN a bad location.

Edited by LarryLindsey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tell me more.

They named the Road, "CENTRAL ROAD" because it is CENTRALLY located in the CENTER of town....Are you getting it?blink.pngclap2.gif

Was that it, cheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.giffacepalm.gif

'Change', I think you're dead wrong on this. I don't know where you live; but for people living on the east side of Suk, this location is MUCH easier to get to, and return from, than anything further west. Are you a downtown guy? That's the only explanation I can think of for believing that Beach Road (REALLY?) is a better location for a small mall than where Harbor is located.

Think about the fact that it IS a "small mall". What reason would anyone have to deal with the downtown traffic to go to a small mall that's located close to the massive Central Festival?

If I owned a business, I can guarantee you that you would not be on my list of interviews for a marketing position!

• Like 1

Tell me more.

We been waitin' 15 years for the Central Road location to kill off Big C Extra--esp after the unthinkable happened in 2011 when Big C took over from Carrefour, which was supposed to be THE END. ;)

Tell me more.

We been waitin' 15 years for the Central Road location to kill off Big C Extra--esp after the unthinkable happened in 2011 when Big C took over from Carrefour, which was supposed to be THE END. wink.png

Exactly! I think that many of the folks who live on the west side of Suk are truly unaware of the population explosion that has taken place on the east side over the past 10 years. I moved here 10 years ago, and I can tell you that it has at least tripled. There are dozens of new villages; several big condo/apartment buildings; and hundreds of smaller shop house type strips.

As I've complained about before, there is NO large supermarket on this side. So, when people need to do some major food shopping, it's necessary to cross Suk to either Big C Suk, Lotus Suk, Big C Extra, or Foodland. All of those markets are much more accessible for us than anything further west, even with the disruption from the pork barrel tunnel.

Now the folks going to Big C extra or Foodland can make a 2 for 1 trip, and hit the Harbor Mall in one, relatively easy trip. ... But yeah, it's a terrible location. rolleyes.gifwai2.gif

The parking garage is located at the back, and is, I think, 5 levels. Plenty of covered parking. We had to go up 3 levels to find a spot today. Parking and security people were visible on every level. The parking spaces are wide enough for a full sized sedan to fit easily; and the traffic lanes are wide enough to navigate with ease.

I would disagree with you that the traffic lanes are wide enough, if you compare them to Central they are rather narrow.

When I parked my full sized sedan on level 3 at Harbor Mall reversing the car into an space with no other cars either side felt "cramped"

when leaving there where cars on either side and it took 3 bites to get out of the space without hitting the rather low retaining wall on the outside of the building or scraping other cars...maybe I was having a bad parking day ?

"Central Festival is a roaring success.

Location , Location, Location. that.s why, coffee1.gif

Pattaya does not revolve around people from the dark side, whistling.gif"

Yes, and Big C Extra and Foodland are ghost towns, right? wink.png

I am pretty sure you'll find that most people on the east side (really shouldn't be called the "darkside" anymore) are more than happy to leave the lifestyle of downtown Pattaya who enjoy being surrounded by the ladyboys, criminals, ripoff tourist traps, rude and ignorant tourists, and violent drunken farangs to those who enjoy that lifestyle; and the constant massive traffic cluster <deleted> that goes with it. There is, of course, an element of all of that here; but it is truly a significantly smaller percentage on all counts.

If the day ever comes when a large supermarket, and, perhaps even a Harbor sized mall, open on this side, most east side residents will rarely cross Suk. I know I wouldn't. My only trip over there would be the necessary trek to Immigration every 90 days. wai.gif

• Like 1

We been waitin' 15 years for the Central Road location to kill off Big C Extra--esp after the unthinkable happened in 2011 when Big C took over from Carrefour, which was supposed to be THE END. wink.png

Would you not agree BigC is a very different animal than the Harbor Mall.

Or are they the same ? smile.png

Is there anything at Harbor the others don't have or is it just the same old shops?

I didn't see anything exceptionally "new" on the 3 floors that I visited, other than a couple of food places that I haven't seen before. But I'll caveat even that by noting that I haven't done a lot of exploring of Central Festival, so many or all of these may exist there, as well.

As I've said, it's just a smaller, less extravagant, and (for SOME) more convenient alternative to mushing through the Pattaya traffic mess. If you're looking for a special "high end" clothing store, or some specific unusual shop, you probably won't find it at Harbor. At least not yet. As with any mall, it will evolve over time, depending upon the customer volume and demands.

Are we invoking the TV Forum Poster Only One axiom?

And is Harbor Mall a very different animal than Welcome Town?

While a number of good reasons can be given for the desirability of that location for the mall, you haven't given any good logical reasons for the opposite.

While a number of good reasons can be given for the desirability of that location for the mall, you haven't given any good logical reasons for the opposite.

How about the dearth of hotels that you can walk to Harbour Mall, unlike Central which is surrounded by hotels.

Try getting a Baht bus up Pattaya Klang, lot easier to get one down Beach Rd, or Second Rd.

I've been today. Packed with kids on lower floors, loads of animals on display including a couple of large beautiful owls just outside Starbucks. Goats, snakes & things in the basement.

It's a great place to eat with good choice of coffee shops too, wth plenty of seating and free wifi throughout.

Plenty of people will fill this place all year round, not necessarily tourists, in fact seems to be more locals than tourists that frequent this place at the moment.

Edited by DMC1
  • Like 1

I've been today. Packed with kids on lower floors, loads of animals on display including a couple of large beautiful owls just outside Starbucks. Goats, snakes & things in the basement.

It's a great place to eat with good choice of coffee shops too, wth plenty of seating and free wifi throughout.

Plenty of people will fill this place all year round, not necessarily tourists, in fact seems to be more locals than tourists that frequent this place at the moment.

Yep, two beautiful nok huas.

post-167660-0-51953400-1462869742_thumb.

Sorry, the uploaded twisted my pic again...turn head or phone 90 degrees ?

• Like 2

How about the dearth of hotels that you can walk to Harbour Mall, unlike Central which is surrounded by hotels.

Try getting a Baht bus up Pattaya Klang, lot easier to get one down Beach Rd, or Second Rd.

No problem as customers will mostly drive to the mall as they're doing right now. Besides, if there's a real need, more baht buses can run on Pattaya Klang. It's not like there's a shortage. Once there were few baht buses traveling on Soi Buakhao, BTW.

You'll need to get over the idea that Pattaya is somehow as static as Pyongyang.

Central was once surrounded mostly by monger fleabag hotels. :) It preceded The Hilton, for example.

But now we've got less than 5 months to go before we can verify your doom prophecy. tongue.png Shorter time limit than onemorechang's year or two. Our senior doomsayers, now, know better than to put time limits. That way they can live forever in anticipation of that delicious "I told you so" post and continue citing eyeball "evidence" year after year after year . . . .