Is Irish Aircon still alive?

tropo

I want to have my air conditioning units serviced/cleaned. Irish Aircon is not answering their landline or mobile number, or replying to online requests.

Have they gone out of business? Does anyone know?

If so, I would appreciate a good recommendation for another company to do the job.

Cheers!

I tried to contact them a few years ago. Never got a reply. Nuts to them.

Thai companies are bad enough at not replying. I dont see the need to also import companies from Ireland that dont reply.

The last time I called him was about 2 years ago - I must have been lucky on that day. smile.png

Thai companies are bad enough at not replying. I dont see the need to also import companies from Ireland that dont reply.

The last time I called him was about 2 years ago - I must have been lucky on that day. smile.png

Just the luck of the Irish. cheesy.gif

There is APS at Homeworks. Mr. Wi is the manager.

They have been to my place several times, good dependable service and my neighbors are using them too.

He might be too busy this time of year to take on a new client, especially if they are too lazy to go see him.

They have been to my place several times, good dependable service and my neighbors are using them too.

He might be too busy this time of year to take on a new client, especially if they are too lazy to go see him.

Is there a season for air con servicing ? clap2.gif

Tropo, I just had one air con serviced, and bought a new one for another area of my home. I used a local guy with a small shop on Nernplubwarn for both the cleaning and the puchase/installation. Excellent work.

He doesn't speak English, but his wife does. They can get just about any brand you choose. He serviced my Samsung; and the new unit is a Daikin.

The shop is located about 1 km west of the east end of Nernplubwarn. It's on the north side of the street, beside a small pub called the Queen Vic. That's a couple of hundred meters west of the Pussycat Bar. Phone number is 0830828268.

Yes. It's called the hot season.....The hot season is now so they are busy now because it's hot now and they are servicing air conditioners because people are hot....

Just like in the winter back home. The heater guy is busy when it's cold outside.....are you getting it?

Just like in the winter back home. The heater guy is busy when it's cold outside.....are you getting it?

No not cold outside here,too bloody hot to be honest whistling.gif

Yes. It's called the hot season.....The hot season is now so they are busy now because it's hot now and they are servicing air conditioners because people are hot....

Hate to inform you Thailand is hot all year round cheesy.gifgiggle.gifcheesy.gifgiggle.gifcheesy.gif

That is why people who are smart service the aircon before the hot season.

I find Numchai very good for servicing. 450 Baht per air conditioner and the last time they came to me they even understood that air conditioning systems are sealed units and don't need topping up with gas every time. I got fed up with the attitude from the small shops who offer a lower price then say they needed topping up with gas for an extra 1-200 baht per unit.

I find Numchai very good for servicing. 450 Baht per air conditioner and the last time they came to me they even understood that air conditioning systems are sealed units and don't need topping up with gas every time. I got fed up with the attitude from the small shops who offer a lower price then say they needed topping up with gas for an extra 1-200 baht per unit.

Nothing against Numchai. I've purchased (and repaired) my TVs from them for years, and never had a problem.

But I want to note that the small shop I recommended earlier did not present me with the problem noted by gmac. His cleaning charge was 400 baht.

Crock of poo. thumbsup.gif

Hot all year round, duh

I have a 50% success rate with Numchai for cleaning. The first time it was fine but the second time they barely did anything and managed to break a plastic lug off.

They did install the new air-con originally and I have no complaints about that job.

I'm not lazy, I just like to allocate my time more efficiently than making 10km round trips on congested roads to find someone.

OK, so I'm not smart then?... but I use aircon all year.

No no, you're smart. But when it comes to hiring services you just need a little coaching.

No no, you're smart. But when it comes to hiring services you just need a little coaching.

Coaching to call an air con service? LOL

Thank you for the Mr Wi recommendation.

I use aircon also all year and get them cleaned twice a year but knowing how busy it gets during the hot season I let them get serviced before that time. My experiences from the past taught me the aircon cleaners are super busy during the hot season. I had a chat with one of those guys who advised me to get them serviced before the hot season.

Your planning is a bit off, smart.. I know you personally so I would not say your not smart because I know otherwise.

I use aircon also all year and get them cleaned twice a year but knowing how busy it gets during the hot season I let them get serviced before that time. My experiences from the past taught me the aircon cleaners are super busy during the hot season. I had a chat with one of those guys who advised me to get them serviced before the hot season.

Your planning is a bit off, smart.. I know you personally so I would not say your not smart because I know otherwise.

I've only had my units serviced once in 5 years, and I'm not sure when the landlord had them done before that. It's not something on my planning calendar.

Regarding hot season, the room temperature is 30 C or over most of the year - there's only a few degrees variance from March to November. I don't really notice a hot season here because it's always hot.

>>'ve only had my units serviced once in 5 years, and I'm not sure when the landlord had them done before that.<<

​They usually get clogged after a year or so if not cleaned ,and start leaking the condensed water into the room .I am surprised if you did not have that problem ?. Also the izon gas will need topping up .

>>'ve only had my units serviced once in 5 years, and I'm not sure when the landlord had them done before that.<<

​They usually get clogged after a year or so if not cleaned ,and start leaking the condensed water into the room .I am surprised if you did not have that problem ?. Also the izon gas will need topping up .

Never had a problem like that, ever... The filters don't pick up a lot of dust as my place is closed up all day. I always keep an eye of the efficiency of the units too, with digital thermometer in all rooms. Last time they were serviced the level of gas was acceptable.

Same here, a few years ago they said they would call me back for an appointment.

Still waiting for that call.

Archived