PM Prayut urges Thais to innovate

webfact

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there was still a lot of room for Thai economic growth

Thanks to the junta bungling of the economy, there's unfortunately vast room for Thai economic growth that won't be realized anytime soon.

Meanwhile the other ASEAN countries will see 4-6% growth rates for 2016 compared to Thailand's 3% or less.

Gen. Prayut wanted to see Thais innovate

​To bad the light bulb, telephone, TV, and refrigerator etc. are on the market already.

​The most needed innovation here is the discovery and demystification of MAINTENANCE !

Nobody really understands the wellspring of "innovation", whatever that might be. Nobody can explain why most of the things and processes that have formed the agricultural, industrial, technological and biological revolutions came from garden sheds in the UK and were then developed in France, Germany and the US.There seems to be some confluence of imagination and necessity. Neither of these are present in Thailand. In the case of northern Europe there were necessities to increase initially agricultural production. In Thailand you drop a seed in the soil and with the heat and water anything grows. Why innovate. No necessity. As for imagination plenty of people have pointed out that the mix of the patronage system and rote learning put an end to that possibility.

What I think is clear is that you can't instruct people to innovate. Perhaps he could hire Mr Dyson to move from Malaysia to Thailand?

As other posters pointed out - it will not happen here. Why not the dear leader would ask? Well, innovation comes from questioning things and old ways, crtiical thinking, seeing things in new perspectives, wondering if things could be used or done better and without the support and encouragement from government and learning institutions such as schools and universities chance of succes is very slim.

Innovators (both individuals and companies) need support in terms competency building, financial support, R&D and business processes. Those submarine and tank money could be used on supporting e.g. startups, public-private partnerships, incubation offices, scholarships for poor high potential kids, etc.

But as this is Thailand and all free thinking and creatvitity was taken out of the schools a long time ago, there is a long way to go. The postitive side of it is, that in spite of all this, talented Thais do pop up here and there. No matter how much you try to dumb down the people, some kids will always refuse to be made ignorant.

Yea , like its hip to embrace Orwellian control over a citizenry .

Fertile grounds for being innovative.

I hope though people considering voicing their views without arrest can be innovative.

Maybe use overseas platforms not tapped into by the military.

This guy thinks innovation is telling Thai farmers on the bread line in drought to try growing magic beans .

Innovation rigging polls , and constitutions ?

Finding new ways to charge students or blind people with crimes against the state.

Hide the hatreds we all have for them in false media reports of international approvals?

What BS .....

It's like living in morgue

Wow this guy really does not see the forest for the trees. A number of cars are built in Thailand. Why doesn't Thailand build its own car brand ? Surely there are skilled, capable people. Malaysia, Taiwan, Japan, China, Korea have their own brands. What is holding back Thailand. Would it be that they would need a small amount of foreign help ?

You just haven't been listening. They'e already invented their own car. It's called Toyota and I was told you have to know Thai to repair one.

He is very amusing! Another unworkable idea.....

On the other hand surely his backers must now really think about western or at least educated proof readers/PR people to vet his all too occasional brain farts

As i suspect he does not mean (or is not meant to be) hilarious all the time

In this climate of fear and economic hardship, who's going to have the motivation to think and innovate.

Yeah, thinking can lead you into jail. So mr. Prajuth san, better keep quiet on that one.

Another absurd statement from a patently absurd man.

How about the freaking armed forces innovate by assuming their proper role in society for once? Focus on preparations for national defense rather than business interests, stop meddling in politics, cease your pillaging of the country's financial resources, quit lecturing the rest of society on how to live their lives, and for F sake quit pretending to love institutions for personal gain. You are pathetic. World's worst armed forces. Only prepared to fight your own countrymen. F off. Thailand deserves better than you imbeciles.

I wonder is there anyone out there who can name a single pure Thai innovation? (except Thainess)

Kind of an exotic list

Thai measurements system

Thai calendar

Muay Thai martial arts

MMA voting system

Khimm musical instrument

formula for Red Bull

Water pond aeration machine

Certainly nothing one would expect from a developing country with the exception maybe of Red Bull.

Another absurd statement from a patently absurd man.

How about the freaking armed forces innovate by assuming their proper role in society for once? Focus on preparations for national defense rather than business interests, stop meddling in politics, cease your pillaging of the country's financial resources, quit lecturing the rest of society on how to live their lives, and for F sake quit pretending to love institutions for personal gain. You are pathetic. World's worst armed forces. Only prepared to fight your own countrymen. F off. Thailand deserves better than you imbeciles.

A poll I saw places him as the lowest IQ in ASEAN leaders.

Perhaps that may explain why fails to see we "" understand "" just don't ""agree""

Military seem to think follow your thought processes is like following an order.

My personal views are not important but I spoke on a train to a Thai embassy Employee in Sydney who I happen to know through their sisters restaurant .

They say these guys ( the military ) are ignoring the warning signs of not being innovative enough.

Not changing and under going a metamorphosis towards elections free and fair.

Instead they seek to fake their way through .

The innovation of Thais is hard when the General struggles to himself .

It's maybe time to look at asking the international community to freely express what they think can be improved by Thais to help innovate changes .?

I would like to see things like boat drivers actually knowing port from starboard .

And van drivers staying under 100 kilometres an hour .

Or one pricing for both Thais and westerners ?

I am hypnotically drawn to the PM s addresses each Friday maybe he could learn sign language and try doing both one night.?

But the biggest innovation he could do is try winning at the ballot box fair and square .

That would be something .

Until then I guess no one takes him seriously .

Edited by Plutojames88

I wonder is there anyone out there who can name a single pure Thai innovation? (except Thainess)

Kind of an exotic list

Thai measurements system

Thai calendar

Muay Thai martial arts

MMA voting system

Khimm musical instrument

formula for Red Bull

Certainly nothing one would expect from a developing country with the exception maybe of Red Bull.

Sorry Khim is a common type of instrument said to have come to Thailand from China. Same as Persian "Santur" and Indo/Pak "Santoor" , and ancient and widespread type instrument instrument probably since ancient Babylon or Greece.

PM Prayut urges Thais to innovate

But first memorize, and recite the Twelve Core Values three times.

Then I order you to go "innovate".

And stand at attention twice a day while my song plays.

Kind of an exotic list

Thai measurements system

Thai calendar

Muay Thai martial arts

MMA voting system

Khimm musical instrument

formula for Red Bull

You forgot rain making sorties.

I had no idea the General was a mate of that waffling fool Malcolm Turnbull.

I have been watching 'The Innovators' on the History Channel lately. Carnegie, J P Morgan, Edison, Rockerfella, Ford, etc.

Can't wait to see the Thai version.

kudkuran-ng-niyog.jpg

Edited by cpofc