Baht Bus Routes, Dark Side.

Alex2015

I am considering relocating to the Dark Side, I currently live in a Condo near Big C South Pattaya but would like a house.

I don't drive, no wish too and rely on Baht Buses, occasionally a Scooter Taxi but reluctant to use them,some questions,

What are the Baht Bus routes to the Dark Side, where do they leave from in town and what time do they stop running on an evening ?

How does the construction of the new tunnel affect the routing of the Baht Buses as there is no direct crossing from Pattaya Klang ?

Thanks in advance.

Mrs NL tried grabtaxi a couple of times to go to the dark side. The fare was reasonable enough but the drivers were always whining about how hard it was to make a living and cadging for a tip. I once had a look at their app for finding a taxi from the dark side to the seaside and was surprised how many taxis responded. I guess they never got their tips and had to lurk for a return fare!

I have seen a few Baht buses picking people up on the dark side...

But I think the action is almost nothing compared to the flood of Baht buses on Beach or 2nd road...

Edited by fforest1

I gave up on Darkside baht buses and bought a motorcycle. I live off Nern Pub Wan, east of the railway bypass road. A red baht bus runs back and forth only every half hour. Most of the time it is packed. Rush hour, forget about it. At night, no service.

So you would have to take a Klang baht bus to Sukhumvit, cross the temporary pedestrian bridge and take a moto taxi from the corner. If you take moto taxis every day, you would spent about 200 baht/day: cheaper from the Darkside to the beach but maybe 120 to 160 baht or more from the beach side because of the long haul up to North Road and back again to Nern Pub Wan or Soi Siam or Soi Khao Noi.

It would be miserable depending on baht buses to and from the beach side and since there are no shopping centres over here, well, you can figure it out.

Thanks all for the info, if I ever do move it will be 'postponed' till the tunnel is finished when ever that may be ? I will continue to look for a house west of Sukhumvit or maybe a large Ground Floor Room.

Could be in for the long haul. thumbsup.gif