Window-Tinting for Home?

moonseeker

Exactly what do you want, new tinted windows or tint installing on your current windows?

We used one of the car window tinting companies to do a house a few years back, so all work is done on site.

Try an internet search for "HI-KOOL" window tinting ex USA. They list agents for Chiang Mai and you may find some in the south.

The window tint I have seen in use here is Hi-Kool R20 HC.

It reflects a lot of heat, as well as reducing glare. The specs are: % sun heat 81% : % light transmission 19%: Reflection 43%: UV 99%

The company here is Amnuaymotor.com The film for house windows is not the same as for cars, although this company supplies and fits for both.

Have had two tinting jobs done by solarkool.biz, one in central Bangkok and one out in the boonies near Chiang Mai. Excellent ( fastidious, even) work, fast, honest, professional and clean. Call Steve- he'll get the job done.

• Like 2

Have had two tinting jobs done by solarkool.biz, one in central Bangkok and one out in the boonies near Chiang Mai. Excellent ( fastidious, even) work, fast, honest, professional and clean. Call Steve- he'll get the job done.

Thank you all for the help. Great recommendation. Contacted Steve. Got immediate answer. Fast, friendly & very helpful, even for smaller job. Nice to deal with pros once in a while. Thank you all and to Steve. MS>

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all for the help. Great recommendation. Contacted Steve. Got immediate answer. Fast, friendly & very helpful, even for smaller job. Nice to deal with pros once in a while. Thank you all and to Steve. MS>

Any update about this, I am quite interested in it as well but just for 4 big windows...

• Like 1

I also looking for same in Pattaya, just 2 windows and double glass door so thinking of just buy the stuff and put it

my self as I assume its to small job for anyone to care about.

Yes, definitely call Steve 086 - 083 91 40. Just had a few small windows & door done. Fast, reliable, friendly, cheap & perfect job.Nice and respectful staff, too.Rare occurrence to deal with good people/companies like Steve ('s) here in Thailand. Full recommendation without any cautions! BTW, he seems to do all of Thailand! Thanks Steve. MS>

Edited by moonseeker

Yes, definitely call Steve 086 - 083 91 40. Just had a few small windows & door done. Fast, reliable, friendly, cheap & perfect job.Nice and respectful staff, too.Rare occurrence to deal with good people/companies like Steve ('s) here in Thailand. Full recommendation without any cautions! BTW, he seems to do all of Thailand! Thanks Steve. MS>

Hi ! can you give a rough size of the windows and door tinted and the price you paid ? ..I am interested in getting my main bedroom windows and patio doors do

Cheer

Ps if you not want to divulge the info on this forum can you message me please

Edited by banglay

Well havent heard any pricing yet , but i do have a quote from a company , not from Steve yet just a local Thai place.

I need around 30sqm for some sliding doors and they quoted me 30k , they said a thousand baht per sq.m .

Does this sound right ? To be honest I have no idea if its cheap or expensive ?

Is this an add between steve and his buddies or what ?

No replies to costs except self tapping on the shoulder from customers to a company ???

The synical always gets the better of me but , someone please pm me with a $ amount per sq.m or something please.

Edited by The Big Mango

Big Mango: Cynical? Well, we are on the Pattaya Forum....:-)

Not a buddy of Steve's, but very pleased with the TV recommendation and the job done. I can't give you sizes, as not in town/home right now. And probably need to compare apples with apples. Steve had a bunch of imported samples, colors etc. Even so mine was an embarrassing small job, he contacted me right away, stoped by for a quotation and was with his crew a few days later, when they came to install. Rarely seen such a reliable service. Did 3 small windows, a regular window and a full size door, total below 2'000 & the film does exactly what it was installed for. In my case, gives me privacy. Why not give Steve a call and certainly he will be happy to look at your job without obligation. So, really no buddies here, just a simple business transaction, performed as if I was back home. What a surprise....:-) Take it easy MS>

Well havent heard any pricing yet , but i do have a quote from a company , not from Steve yet just a local Thai place.

I need around 30sqm for some sliding doors and they quoted me 30k , they said a thousand baht per sq.m .

Does this sound right ? To be honest I have no idea if its cheap or expensive ?

Yes, 1k per square metre seems to be the going rate for home use. We had three sets of sliding doors covered (17 metres) with mirror like reflective film, it definitely helps but it's not a 100% solution. Also, be aware of the changes to the light in the room as a result of adding the film, it can be significantly darker. We got ours through a car film dealer locally, just about all the bigger car film companies will install in houses also so perhaps go ask a couple. Last point: if I were to do it again I would have the installers remove the glass from the frame rather than install in the frame, it makes for a neater job and avoids the margin at the edges that lets light through, no big deal but just a better job..

Simple job to do yourself...... did mine over 12 years ago, upstairs and downstairs. all Silver reflective but 40 % North and East with South and West @ 60%

Did when the house was built and before moving in so maybe much easier... soon as I finished then did the woodwork painting and installed the Security windows and doors grills..

Up to a point was not a good idea, but thought it was at the time, maybe the guest bedrooms are OK, but the master [7 double windows] I leave open 24/7.... downstairs open all windows and doors when I get up and close all before going to bed, so film on all these windows are rather pointless.

• Like 1

Big Mango: Cynical? Well, we are on the Pattaya Forum....:-)

Not a buddy of Steve's, but very pleased with the TV recommendation and the job done. I can't give you sizes, as not in town/home right now. And probably need to compare apples with apples. Steve had a bunch of imported samples, colors etc. Even so mine was an embarrassing small job, he contacted me right away, stoped by for a quotation and was with his crew a few days later, when they came to install. Rarely seen such a reliable service. Did 3 small windows, a regular window and a full size door, total below 2'000 & the film does exactly what it was installed for. In my case, gives me privacy. Why not give Steve a call and certainly he will be happy to look at your job without obligation. So, really no buddies here, just a simple business transaction, performed as if I was back home. What a surprise....:-) Take it easy MS>

So he called by , showed you the samples available , went away and then returned with his staff a few days later for your small job and charged you 2,000thb all in .

No way is that possible , unless he's running an NFP company.

Ask Steve to PM me please ....

^^ re reading my own post , it reads quite harsh., apolagies MS.

My intent was to say how can they be making a profit if he came himself , went away , prepared the film , returned with multiple staff and himself and only charged 2k ?

Hi Big Mango

Yes, it reads a bit harsh. Apologies accepted. Have no reason to make something up. Steve is recommended on the internet by many, that is how I found him, after no-show of 2 local companies.

I wrote him a mail, told him I have a very small job and fully understand, if he can't be bothered. Shortly after I received an answer. "Don't worry about the size of the job, I will be in Pattaya next week on a few jobs and drop by to have a look, we will find a solution for you (privacy). " Few days later Steve called me and made appointment for 2 days later. He showed up exactly on time. Showed me a bunch of samples and guided me to the best solution, told me the price and he would be back in few days to install it. Just a few days later he stopped by after informing me in advance and did the job with his friendly and obviously experienced team. Price as quoted and gladly gave the boys a tip & drink. Well, there still are some good guys /companies out there and Steve might be in it for the long-term and be happy about getting a good reference. For my part, I have already given his contact to 3 friends and a builder-friend. Hope he gets plenty of business. Hard to come by honest and good companies here. His website is above, give it a try, I can't imagine you would not be pleased. Have a good weekend. MS>

• 2 years later...

Hi there

No problem to let this info been known. It was a very small job and I was very surprised about the attention Steve gave it. He told me, even the smallest job gets the same attention and often further jobs result from good work. TRUE! Sent him a bunch of better customers since.

He stopped by almost immediately, as he was working nearby and showed me some samples of various  types of foils and their +/-. 

The price quoted so fair, I can't remember exactly. 2 or 3 very small windows 90 : 50 & 1 large entrance door.  The price was below  2'000.--

Steve showed himself with his team and installed perfect in 30 minutes. Wished everybody was as good. Regards.  MS