Do you think Thais are actully capable of Love, in the Western sense?

laolover88

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the West there is a wonderful haze of love and marriage. I fear many non-Thais enter the emotional playground of the realities of Thai "marital" relationships with foreigners without a clue what they are encountering! Same with foreigners! I find many of what I think the "normal" emotions like boredom, vanity, jealousy, anger, pleasure, covetousness, desire, self centredness, intuition, empathy either repressed or exaggerated. We have survived 20 years of marriage, for which I am more than grateful; but while it has been a meeting of true minds (and wallets) I am never sure if the meeting of true hearts was ever possible. Whatever better than Europe!!

Love is what you make of it with your partner !

Both feeling good to be together for life?! No one is perfect.

There is no eastern, no western love, it is just in people or not and making it work or not.

It is a crazy little thing, called love

I think they are.

I'm not so sure about you.

Other than the obvious issue that a monetary relationship may not be a good foundation for love; there is the communication block which hampers exchange of true feelings and understanding. If either are strong, love seems doomed, if both . . .

Sure, you can get along even if you don't speak the same language. I once had a dog, we were inseparable, but was it love or dependence?

So what you're actually saying is that you have serious marital problems and as such are seeking a consensus opinion that all 25 million or so Thai women are incapable of real love to give yourself another excuse not to face up to the real issues in your marriage.

Your wife sounds very controlling and you should probably seek help for her with that. This might save your marriage.

In Thailand, like most countries, it is the same.

First marriage, very young, fantasy prevails over convenience.

After that.... it is all about convenience. With convenience ends , ends "love"

The only way men can believe in "love" from a women, is when it is more convenient for you and she do not care about, like she is rich and younger, and you are poor and older.. But...if is more convenient for her.....because you are younger or richer?? Time pass..and money goes...

Be prepared for any event... That's what makes sense..in Western or Thai sense.

Edited by Muzarella

Love or our ideas of what we think love is, changes through time. In very general terms, youth is more passionate and romantic, if you have been together for 20 years, surely you have seen your love change through the years.

If you want it to be the same as 20 years ago, I think you will be disappointed.

I think it is not so much an East/West thing - there are many factors. Youth/maturity - male/female [in most cases]

"Love, is it really love at all - or something that I heard love called." Eric Anderson

The word is just to tied up in illusion, delusion, movie images and so many other factors - just to cliched.

This s a joke right??

Women are women whichever corner of the planet they happen to be born in. love is a biological emotion.

If you can't be loved by a thai then maybe you just aren't lovable.maybe you choose bad women.

What a ridiculous question .a question that at its core demonstrates utter ignorance and bigotry.

Do you think western women are actually capable of Love, in the Western sense?

I have had "Western" love 3 times and 3 divorces. Thai love is much better. Your last statement and I quote It seems to me women here are so repressed and insecure while men are spoiled brats. Not a bash! But in my view not a good basis for "Love"..Attempts to understand! Views please!!

is true to some extent. Thai women are the backbone of this country the glue that holds it together. Thai men on the other hand flakes farts and <deleted> let me add "in most cases" this I have learned from personal experience.

Clearly the OP's looking for additonal justification for shipping himself and family to Europe or wherever.

Why can't people just go quietly?

Why come up with asinine threads to convince themselves that they're making the right life decisions?

No - for sure!!!

Even the ones that have been and still are in a long term relationship would think nothing of 'moving onto the next one' immediately if things went south, seen it happen......very strange.

It's all to do with being kept / supported / taken care of, as soon as that stops - game over, 20 year relationship forgotten about in a couple of days.

...you're only as good as your last sale.

yes absolutely! thai woman can love!

a thai couple ( both thai) is quite similar to a foreign couple( both foreigners) in terms of romance and relationship.

But in the other hand, a farang-thai couple is not about love, but more about ฿ and $.

So basically relationships here are based on ฿$.

Foolish answers as always.

Ask yourself why you came to Thailand? Was is the floods? The drought? The corruption?

People that are always so negative are the ones that have no idea what a real relationship is whether western or in Thailand.

Is love 2 people caring for each other in the most spectacular way?

If it is maybe you are not doing your 50%?

If you are, you already know the answer to the ops post.

Of course love is possible.

When you have love and respect and treat any woman equally you can have love regardless of nationality.

I am amazed every day how much my wife is still in love with me, so I can tell you it is possible if you are doing the right things as a man.

Yes very true

There's a test (the movie - ' A Bronx's Tale'):

"Listens...when you gooz ta pik her up.

Unlock and open the car door for her,

then walks around the back,

and see if she bends over to unlock your door"

"If she does: she's-ah-keeper!,

and if she doesn't: fore-getta-ah-bout-ter!!"

Best test for true love. Really!, 'un-selfishness' is the 'one and only standard' needed for lasting relationships.

Note: "...said all in fun and with experience...all 'haters' don't needs to replies"

Here is my version of "Thai love". I love her smile, her positive attitude and the way she takes care of my house and my every need. She loves the way I take care of her and her family by providing a sure monthly income. It ain't roses and chocolates like in the West but that never worked for me anyway. I am lucky to have her and she is lucky to have me. As she says we both won the lottery. Live every day...

For any woman that I have dated in Thailand, I have never had to take into account her family. That is for guys who try to buy love with their money. People with ginuine love for each other don't have those types of problems. And why would you marry someone who is violent? Unless that is just what you are in to.

Like a guy told me, you act sick for an extended period and see how they take care of you. You act like you are out of money and see how they will work to make sure you both have what you need. That is when you know whether she is truely there for you or there for what she can get from you.

Of course Thai women love in the sense you are talking about, but most foreigners don't get the chance to experience that because their first thoughts are to throw money at any woman they meet.

I just met a woman (not in Thailand) and she said she did not want a cheap man. I asked and by cheap what do you mean? I explained to her that my 19 year old daughter has 2 jobs and I do not have to give her money, so I will be damned if I give money to a stranger. So if by cheap you mean a man who does not want to give you money then you have the wrong person.

No I don't. But with that said, I prefer my Thai wife over any of my farang ex-wives. If I had to do it over again, I would have made my first marriage a Thai gal. thumbsup.gif