Snake ID Please

tomdfc

We inherited a kitten when mum disappeared a weeks or so ago into the surrounding woods here in Sansai, probably pregnant, looking for another den. And know that the killer instinct comes naturally to these lovely wee creatures. But did our wee bundle of fluff actually kill a krait last night?

Pic attached of what was left on our doorstep.

(I read somewhere there's another snake which looks like a krait but which is not dangerous,)

Thanks.

post-51716-0-23584900-1462939764_thumb.j

Many thanks to all. It's still amazing just how many "wild" creatures inhabit this increasingly-developed part of the world. Though I suspect they're all struggling to adapt in a habitat which is fast disappearing.

Bit like LOS itself, at least in some places - though thankfully, not all places yet. At least in our wee village.

Nevertheless, tread carefully.

Moral of the story? First impressions can deceive. We called our kitten "Woosie" (a Brit term?) since it would disappear like the proverbial bolt of lightning at first sight of us. And now - with mum gone - deep instinct has taken over and its true nature is there to see. And maybe its instinct could already differentiate the species which so confuse and worry ourselves.

(I fell off a ladder yesterday. If snakes weren't bad enough ....)

Truth be told though, there's no living thing on the planet that likes snakes.

Cats have it in for them, dogs go batshit nuts when they as much as suspect one. Heck, even other snakes don't like snakes.

I'm afraid it's just how things work around here; too bad for snakes but there you go.